JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok I know anything is possible. I was going to get the G45 so I rented one and shoot it. It was a horrible experience. That being said I shoot the Gen5 Glock 19 better that a Glock with the full sized grip. Had a G22 and absolutely hated it. That's what shooting the G45 reminded of what mean by that is the full size grip. So I'm thinking of getting a 19 instead of the 45. Thank you in advance.

G22 is identical to the 17 except a 40 as opposed to 9mm. The 17/19/22/23 all have the same grip.
Correct that's why I was asking. I find it a little odd I shoot the 19 better not the best but better. I don't shoot Glock the best regardless of which one it is. So I've thought well maybe they are just not for me.

G22 is identical to the 17 except a 40 as opposed to 9mm. The 17/19/22/23 all have the same grip.
Incorrect. The 17 has a height of 5.47 inches, the 19 comes in at 5.04 inches. Including magazine, according to the Glock website. So the 19 and 23 are .43 inches shorter that the 17/22. Not quite half and inch but enough to make a difference to some. And I am certain that the difference in height does NOT come from a difference in slide height.

Incorrect. The 17 has a height of 5.47 inches, the 19 comes in at 5.04 inches. Including magazine, according to the Glock website. So the 19 and 23 are .43 inches shorter that the 17/22. Not quite half and inch but enough to make a difference to some.
Correct. But there's not many that can't fit their whole hand on the grip of a 19/23. Maybe you've got bigger hands than me. It's all about girth mate.

Incorrect. The 17 has a height of 5.47 inches, the 19 comes in at 5.04 inches. Including magazine, according to the Glock website. So the 19 and 23 are .43 inches shorter that the 17/22. Not quite half and inch but enough to make a difference to some. And I am certain that the difference in height does NOT come from a difference in slide height.
That's what I as wondering about! Or as I said maybe Glocks are just not for me. I've got a M&P optic ready 2.0 compact that I do shoot well. But have and a few issues wit it. So was wanting to supplement my collection with a G19.

I have a G19 (as well a other Glocks) and can attest that the grip angle is not for everyone, I prefer the angle on my 1911's but adjusted to the Glock angle (many) years ago. I have taken others out shooting and some just cannot "master" the Glock's grip angle but do well with other brands.

M&P pistols definitely use the same titling barrel style Glock does. I own many Glocks and a handful of M&P pistols. None of them are straight blowback.

There is a lot of confusion from many people in this thread. Request to the OP to clarify EXACTLY what your question is.

There is a lot of confusion from many people in this thread. Request to the OP to clarify EXACTLY what your question is.
My main question was is it possible that some people shoot a Glock 19 better than a Glock 17? And is it because of the added length on the full-size grip versus the compact grip. I hope that makes better sense because I have shot Glock with the full size grip and I really did not care for that whereas I have shot the Glock 19 and I seem to shoot them better than the full-size grip 17 or 22 .

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top