JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Incorrect. The 17 has a height of 5.47 inches, the 19 comes in at 5.04 inches. Including magazine, according to the Glock website. So the 19 and 23 are .43 inches shorter that the 17/22. Not quite half and inch but enough to make a difference to some. And I am certain that the difference in height does NOT come from a difference in slide height.
Maybe he should have said... for all practical purposes... the grips are identical. Which is true, IMHO. Angle, grip, pull, duck fitment.... there is zero perceivable difference other than weight.

That's one of the good things with glocks. There is a wide variety of calibers and form configs, but if you can shoot one well, the average person can shoot all the similar form factors equally well.

That's not to say that some people might be more sensitive to larger caliber recoil and/or have slower follow-up shots, though. That's what training is for. :s0155:

My gen 3 glock 17 has the grip frame chopped so that it can run on G19 mags .
It still has the full grip surface of the 17 frame , but accepts most of the glock mags I own. It shoots more or less the same as a 19, but honestly I don't think 9mm recoil impulse is noticeable in anything but subcompact pistols.

And I know the issues that I've had with my M&P are not the gun they are shooter related although I did have some I say that the M&P's are known for having I'm assuming weak recoil springs because I've had the slide not lock back on me five times.

My main question was is it possible that some people shoot a Glock 19 better than a Glock 17? And is it because of the added length on the full-size grip versus the compact grip. I hope that makes better sense because I have shot Glock with the full size grip and I really did not care for that whereas I have shot the Glock 19 and I seem to shoot them better than the full-size grip 17 or 22 .
That's relatively uncommon in my experience. The opposite is definitely true; I personally am one of those people who can barely get a good full hand grip on a G19 or compact frame; at least not without a good trigger undercut. My pinky is just barely on the edge, so I prefer either a full size grip or one of those mag extensions that makes it feel full size, because otherwise it's a distraction.

That said, if the 19 feels like your jam, go for it. Everyone has certain sizes they feel more attuned to than others and if you shoot the 19 better than a full size, by all means pursue that one.

Ok I know anything is possible. I was going to get the G45 so I rented one and shoot it. It was a horrible experience. That being said I shoot the Gen5 Glock 19 better that a Glock with the full sized grip. Had a G22 and absolutely hated it. That's what shooting the G45 reminded of what mean by that is the full size grip. So I'm thinking of getting a 19 instead of the 45. Thank you in advance.
Here's a thread that you might find helpful as it is almost exactly the same as this one..

Something to consider with Glocks is the "compact" models, such as 19 and smaller, typically come with a "target" or "serrated" trigger where the 45/17 and bigger guns have a "smooth" trigger. I found that I need to change my 19 triggers to 17 triggers because of that. You may prefer yours opposite to me though I'm not 100% sure if the Gen 5 model 19 still uses the "serrated" trigger shoe...

I don't mind the 40 S&W in the Glock. I just hang on tight and let'er buck. I will add however that I prefer the Compact size (19,23,32) over the Full size (17,22,31) I don't know why for sure but the compacts feel like a better size for the gun while the full sized feel "blocky" I guess. I had a G-40 MOS and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. There is a reason they call it the brick.

Something to consider with Glocks is the "compact" models, such as 19 and smaller, typically come with a "target" or "serrated" trigger where the 45/17 and bigger guns have a "smooth" trigger. I found that I need to change my 19 triggers to 17 triggers because of that. You may prefer yours opposite to me though I'm not 100% sure if the Gen 5 model 19 still uses the "serrated" trigger shoe...
I've got a Timney trigger shoe I was going to put on my 43X because I didn't care for the stock shoe!

I don't mind the 40 S&W in the Glock. I just hang on tight and let'er buck. I will add however that I prefer the Compact size (19,23,32) over the Full size (17,22,31) I don't know why for sure but the compacts feel like a better size for the gun while the full sized feel "blocky" I guess. I had a G-40 MOS and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. There is a reason they call it the brick.
Yes you hit on it for me. The full size feel way to blocky for me as well! Like holding a 2x4. And I don't get that with the 19.

That's what I as wondering about! Or as I said maybe Glocks are just not for me. I've got a M&P optic ready 2.0 compact that I do shoot well. But have and a few issues wit it. So was wanting to supplement my collection with a G19.
I would suggest going to safefire in camas. They rent any gun for one flat fee. They have over 100 guns to rent as I recall. That way you can try all the different ones out. Try a Walther ppq or PDp. For striker fire polymer gun the trigger is excellent.

I would suggest going to safefire in camas. They rent any gun for one flat fee. They have over 100 guns to rent as I recall. That way you can try all the different ones out. Try a Walther ppq or PDp. For striker fire polymer gun the trigger is excellent.
Been there many times. But until now and the fact that I'm buying a XMacro. No other guns have been on my radar except M&P's and Glocks. Sad but true.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top