Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sheep's guide to home invasion

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jim97701, Oct 18, 2015.

1. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

Riot, boogerhook, Caveman Jim and 7 others like this.
  2. ron

ron Vancouver, Washington Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Interesting how anti gunners (liberals) think. Just hide under the
    bed and hope the goblin will not want to kill or rape you and your
    family? This is a comment I like posted from 'Tony'.
    "Isn't it scary that so many people would prefer to blow away another person in their own home rather than scare the person away and maybe lose a laptop." Really?:(

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

"
    —and one can't exactly read a burglar's mind or know his or her intentions."
    EXACTLY,That's why you should just....well do something about lead poisoning
    You can't read his mind,know what he is capable of,how much or what kind of training he has had.
    But mostly what the intruder is capable of,mentally.You can't underestimate what they are willing to do to you or your loved ones

4. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Darwin will take care of those people...

wcdubois, Jamie6.5, Alfonse and 8 others like this.
  5. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Progressives should just stop beating around the bush and get themselves castrated. They don't use them and it would do wonders to the gene pool.

6. hker71

hker71 Portland Metro Area Active Member

Geez that was tough to read. Leading sheep to the slaughter. If a person breaks into your home when you are there they are showing they are willing to risk a violent confrontation as it is. The majority of burglaries occur during the day so criminals can avoid people.

I live out in the middle of nowhere so my wife and I know we are the first line of defense. It could be 20 to 30 minutes for the sheriff to get to my house. My wife and I have a plan and have rehearsed it with the kids. Her job is to defend the kids and I go hunting.

7. ron

LOL Great comment.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Caveman Jim and Stomper like this.
  8. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

The comments are far more helpful than the article.

Jill Dosh ·
    Eastern Arizona College
    That lock on the door is for your safety, not mine. Stupid article!!
    Like · Reply · like.png 4 · 11 hrs
    11202645_439113336260941_6022864870197936428_n.jpg
    Brian Smith ·
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Sofrep 001 - Two to the chest one to the head...sweep the area...repeat as nessessary
    Like · Reply · like.png 3 · 14 hrs
    148306_1485431292351_4967165_n.jpg
    Steve Coffield ·
    Equity/Realty Investor, Online Opportunist at Self-Employed
    Put on your Halloween costume and make blood curdling noises at the top of your lungs. That will scare the living day lights out of them and they will flee.
    Like · Reply · like.png 1 · Oct 16, 2015 7:23pm
    551251_4402523980192_2082085778_n.jpg
    Daniel Guerra ·
    Owner at Honey Bear Daycare
    Oh so baking cookies is out of the question
    Like · Reply · like.png 4 · Oct 16, 2015 6:57pm
    10805672_829548500417661_5986144076894009329_n.jpg
    Roger Cronin ·
    Christian County High School
    Sheeple
    Like · Reply · like.png 6 · Oct 16, 2015 4:57pm
    12006249_10206441748793828_7300921436318562724_n.jpg
    Jerry Chwajol ·
    Works at Unemployed
    Screw this crap! DEFEND YOURSELF! Learn the art of self defense through firearms!

3MTA3, blackadder, 41Slinger and 6 others like this.
  9. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

They didn't mention canned food so I guess that action is OK.

3MTA3, blackadder, Dyjital and 6 others like this.
  10. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Not only is it ok, it is fully supported by the public school system.

Caveman Jim and edslhead like this.
  11. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

An excellent and realistic place to develop your fears of a break in - the movies. Since this is 'reality' take note of what the marauders usually do to the residents of the house - especially the daughter......

blackadder, Slobray and ron like this.
  12. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Why would that end of the pry bar be in the door?

breakinfeature.jpg

13. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

That right there is why Oregon law says a person is justified in using deadly force against someone breaking into a DWELLING (note- not an outbuilding like a garden shed, or detatched garage) with no duty to retreat, or obligation to make your presence known to the burglar. Also, the Oregon Supreme Court has also ruled that a person has no "duty to retreat" from a threat of physical harm or death and is justified to use deadly force to stop the threat.

14. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

You guys are mean who say you would hurt some poor criminal who is merely a victim of our evil capitalistic society.

The more progressive, forward thinking thing to do would be to realize he has needs so you should make an atm run for some meth money for him while he has some privacy with your wife or teenage daughter. Then when you get back you give him the money, curl up in the fetal position and piss yourself.

15. ron

Your posts just keep getting better. LOL :D

16. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

Unfortunatley, I wouldn't be surprised if that changes this upcoming legislative session. They need to protect their voting base.

Ray

17. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Not only am I mean like that, I'd piss my name accross the perps bleeding chest and watch the steam rise off it. o_O

41Slinger, Caveman Jim, ron and 4 others like this.
  18. FortRock

FortRock Bend/Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Obviously very politically correct advertisement by SimpliSafe. Home intruders are very dangerous. By nature, they are irrational and easily ignited. The psychology of home intruders (high 4-9 on the MMPI) is fairly alarming. If you can escape the residence that is great....after 911 is alerted. But what about the others in the home? What if you or other family members are non-amblatory? If you think a home intruder will not harm a crippled person think again. As for calling 911, if you have the time, once you hear an operator just say "home intrusion" and leave the line open. Dispatchers respond very fast in that case. They already have your address or gps location by cell phone. It's not time for conversation. Cell phones can be pretty useless in these situations. The most valuable asset you have in a home intrusion is your 870 and 1911. Training is good too. :rolleyes:

19. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Holy crap. The following is one of the most irresponsible things they could suggest:

3. Unless you are a trained professional, don't grab a weapon. This includes firearms, baseball bats and pepper spray. They all sound like a good idea, but again, we don't know how the burglar will react to seeing an armed person. If they do have a weapon, they may be more likely to use it when they see you have one too. If you use pepper spray in an enclosed space, you and your family will also be affected by the pepper spray. If you use another weapon, such as a firearm and are not a trained professional, you run the risk of hurting yourself or a family member. And when a weapon is in your hand, you also run the risk of arriving police officers mistaking you for the intruder!

I can't think of a worse piece of advice to give people whose lives are in immediate danger! Damn, are you just supposed to sit there and watch your family be beaten, brutalized, raped or murdered? How could anyone take this advice, knowing that their lives would be forfeit for doing so? This 'trained professional' B.S. had got to go. People are becoming convinced that it's not possible to defend yourself against a bad guy - then they wonder how these 'mass shootings' and other attacks are happening?

Don't worry, your cheap-a$$ wireless security system will summon the police in just enough time to file a report and take photos of the bodies. %$*&@#*&^!

I have many words to say about this, but considering the PG-13 rating of this site, I'll have to leave them unsaid at this time :mad:

20. FortRock

FortRock Bend/Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Think Clockwork Orange. Think Hillary Confiscation Act. Think Floyd, Ginny, and Kate.

Mind-set is everything. Take no prisoners.

brokenarrow, Hayshaker and ron like this.