JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting how anti gunners (liberals) think. Just hide under the
bed and hope the goblin will not want to kill or rape you and your
family? This is a comment I like posted from 'Tony'.
"Isn't it scary that so many people would prefer to blow away another person in their own home rather than scare the person away and maybe lose a laptop." Really?:(

"
—and one can't exactly read a burglar's mind or know his or her intentions."
EXACTLY,That's why you should just....well do something about lead poisoning
You can't read his mind,know what he is capable of,how much or what kind of training he has had.
But mostly what the intruder is capable of,mentally.You can't underestimate what they are willing to do to you or your loved ones

Geez that was tough to read. Leading sheep to the slaughter. If a person breaks into your home when you are there they are showing they are willing to risk a violent confrontation as it is. The majority of burglaries occur during the day so criminals can avoid people.

I live out in the middle of nowhere so my wife and I know we are the first line of defense. It could be 20 to 30 minutes for the sheriff to get to my house. My wife and I have a plan and have rehearsed it with the kids. Her job is to defend the kids and I go hunting.

The comments are far more helpful than the article.

Jill Dosh ·
Eastern Arizona College
That lock on the door is for your safety, not mine. Stupid article!!
Like · Reply · 4 · 11 hrs
11202645_439113336260941_6022864870197936428_n.jpg
Brian Smith
·
Omaha, Nebraska
Sofrep 001 - Two to the chest one to the head...sweep the area...repeat as nessessary
Like · Reply · 3 · 14 hrs
148306_1485431292351_4967165_n.jpg
Steve Coffield
·
Equity/Realty Investor, Online Opportunist at Self-Employed
Put on your Halloween costume and make blood curdling noises at the top of your lungs. That will scare the living day lights out of them and they will flee.
Like · Reply · 1 · Oct 16, 2015 7:23pm
551251_4402523980192_2082085778_n.jpg
Daniel Guerra
·
Owner at Honey Bear Daycare
Oh so baking cookies is out of the question
Like · Reply · 4 · Oct 16, 2015 6:57pm
10805672_829548500417661_5986144076894009329_n.jpg
Roger Cronin
·
Christian County High School
Sheeple
Like · Reply · 6 · Oct 16, 2015 4:57pm
12006249_10206441748793828_7300921436318562724_n.jpg
Jerry Chwajol ·
Works at Unemployed
Screw this crap! DEFEND YOURSELF! Learn the art of self defense through firearms!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have all seen movies with traumatic break ins that filled us with horror.
An excellent and realistic place to develop your fears of a break in - the movies. Since this is 'reality' take note of what the marauders usually do to the residents of the house - especially the daughter......

If a person breaks into your home when you are there they are showing they are willing to risk a violent confrontation as it is.

That right there is why Oregon law says a person is justified in using deadly force against someone breaking into a DWELLING (note- not an outbuilding like a garden shed, or detatched garage) with no duty to retreat, or obligation to make your presence known to the burglar. Also, the Oregon Supreme Court has also ruled that a person has no "duty to retreat" from a threat of physical harm or death and is justified to use deadly force to stop the threat.

You guys are mean who say you would hurt some poor criminal who is merely a victim of our evil capitalistic society.

The more progressive, forward thinking thing to do would be to realize he has needs so you should make an atm run for some meth money for him while he has some privacy with your wife or teenage daughter. Then when you get back you give him the money, curl up in the fetal position and piss yourself.

You guys are mean who say you would hurt some poor criminal who is merely a victim of our evil capitalistic society.

The more progressive, forward thinking thing to do would be to realize he has needs so you should make an atm run for some meth money for him while he has some privacy with your wife or teenage daughter. Then when you get back you give him the money, curl up in the fetal position and piss yourself.
Your posts just keep getting better. LOL :D

That right there is why Oregon law says a person is justified in using deadly force against someone breaking into a DWELLING (note- not an outbuilding like a garden shed, or detatched garage) with no duty to retreat, or obligation to make your presence known to the burglar. Also, the Oregon Supreme Court has also ruled that a person has no "duty to retreat" from a threat of physical harm or death and is justified to use deadly force to stop the threat.

Unfortunatley, I wouldn't be surprised if that changes this upcoming legislative session. They need to protect their voting base.

Ray

Not only am I mean like that, I'd piss my name accross the perps bleeding chest and watch the steam rise off it. o_O

Obviously very politically correct advertisement by SimpliSafe. Home intruders are very dangerous. By nature, they are irrational and easily ignited. The psychology of home intruders (high 4-9 on the MMPI) is fairly alarming. If you can escape the residence that is great....after 911 is alerted. But what about the others in the home? What if you or other family members are non-amblatory? If you think a home intruder will not harm a crippled person think again. As for calling 911, if you have the time, once you hear an operator just say "home intrusion" and leave the line open. Dispatchers respond very fast in that case. They already have your address or gps location by cell phone. It's not time for conversation. Cell phones can be pretty useless in these situations. The most valuable asset you have in a home intrusion is your 870 and 1911. Training is good too. :rolleyes:

Holy crap. The following is one of the most irresponsible things they could suggest:

3. Unless you are a trained professional, don't grab a weapon. This includes firearms, baseball bats and pepper spray. They all sound like a good idea, but again, we don't know how the burglar will react to seeing an armed person. If they do have a weapon, they may be more likely to use it when they see you have one too. If you use pepper spray in an enclosed space, you and your family will also be affected by the pepper spray. If you use another weapon, such as a firearm and are not a trained professional, you run the risk of hurting yourself or a family member. And when a weapon is in your hand, you also run the risk of arriving police officers mistaking you for the intruder!

I can't think of a worse piece of advice to give people whose lives are in immediate danger! Damn, are you just supposed to sit there and watch your family be beaten, brutalized, raped or murdered? How could anyone take this advice, knowing that their lives would be forfeit for doing so? This 'trained professional' B.S. had got to go. People are becoming convinced that it's not possible to defend yourself against a bad guy - then they wonder how these 'mass shootings' and other attacks are happening?

Don't worry, your cheap-a$$ wireless security system will summon the police in just enough time to file a report and take photos of the bodies. %$*&@#*&^!

I have many words to say about this, but considering the PG-13 rating of this site, I'll have to leave them unsaid at this time :mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top