JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last year I left the front door ajar ( accidentally) and went to bed. Bout 3 in the morning the wind must have blown it open and Fred was standing in the entry barking his alarm. I jumped up and grabbed a 45 and went to see the problem. I cant imagine getting under the bed and waiting to see if anyone was in the house. Ridiculous. Some people just don't know what goes on in the real world.

Maybe this alarm company should change their name to "SimpliSheep"

Embrace your fear! If you are worthy, Lord Obama will arrive on a white stallion to save you in the night. Do not fight, it is too yucky, and even more scary than hiding away. A real man doesn't fight, he makes espresso for his new guests. Now, shave your ba!!s and get to that espresso!

Right after I was married my wife and I lived in a house west of Bend on about 50 acres +/-. She woke me one night saying "There is something scratching on the back door trying to get in". In one fluid motion I jumped up, grabbed my Glock 17 (yea I had ONE) chambered a round and approached the door - while the scratching continued which did NOT sound human in origin - so I took a deep breath and opened the door to see the dumbest looking yellow lab wagging its tail! Point being I never considered looking for a way out or hiding.

I've told this story before, but may bear repeating again.

My grandparents successfully survived 2 home invasion robberies, in Portland, back in the early 80's. Each time, a group of 4 punks (probably, stupidly, the same 4 the second time), kicked in the front door while my grandparents were sleeping. Each time, my grandfather confronted them with a shotgun, and each time, without a shot fired, the 4 little ba$tards turned tail and ran like the worthless pu$$ies they really were.

First off, there was nowhere to go. An easily defeated bedroom door in their little 900 sq ft house was all that stood between them. The only phone in the house was out where the losers were, so, no police, not that he would have called them first anyway. He confronted them, and they ran, saving his life and that of my grandmother. They were not in danger because they were armed and fought back, they were saved because of it. Had they not fought back, the story could have had a much worse ending.

If someone gets past my dogs and enters the home where my kids are sleeping, I will dedicate every fiber of my 6'2" 235 lb being into neutralizing that threat as efficiently and violently as possible.

The one loose point in that reticulous article I agree with is not defending ones self with a firearm, not as noted unless you are a professional, but unless you are proficient in its use and fully willing to use it against another human being. Otherwise it can easily become a threat.

Lions have on interest in the foolish rambling of sheep, especially when it come to putting wolves in their place. Live your life in peace with curtesy and benevolence to all men; but if another comes to do violence against you or yours without just cause, bury him...

I don't think a dumber list could be put together but somehow they will. And on that scenario with everyone escaping and meeting down the road, I would not want to be at that location knowing that someone in my family was unaware of an intruder and i left them at his mercy.

My wife and I will always defend our family then make that phone call after the threat has been eliminated.

I'm still wondering where all these locking, vault grade bedroom and bathroom doors are found in every home...
...most places I've seen are hollow-core or cheap mullion/panel, with cheap passage locks that open with a pin or something pushed into a hole in the knob or simply forced open with a gentle shoulder shove. The intruder has already managed to get thru the strongest door in the average house already...a bedroom door ain't gonna save anyone. Hiding under your bed or in a closet just makes you a bug in a jar.

Maybe we should look at this as a blessing - if the idiots prone to believe that bs follow said advice maybe they will see the light if they survive a violent encounter. Or they wind up DRT and can no longet vote for the same bubblegum bags who preach this garbage and put such practices into law.

A windbag anti gunner is one mugging, rape, or home invasion from becoming a new gun owner - if they live.

If you can escape the residence that is great.
Nothing personal but this is just stupid. if there is a fire sure,but if there is an intruder,or 3,4,5,waiting outside for the first guy,then you just gave yourself up to them.
You are on home ground,don't leave it and put yourself in further jeopardy

I've told this story before, but may bear repeating again.

My grandparents successfully survived 2 home invasion robberies, in Portland, back in the early 80's. Each time, a group of 4 punks (probably, stupidly, the same 4 the second time), kicked in the front door while my grandparents were sleeping. Each time, my grandfather confronted them with a shotgun, and each time, without a shot fired, the 4 little ba$tards turned tail and ran like the worthless pu$$ies they really were.

First off, there was nowhere to go. An easily defeated bedroom door in their little 900 sq ft house was all that stood between them. The only phone in the house was out where the losers were, so, no police, not that he would have called them first anyway. He confronted them, and they ran, saving his life and that of my grandmother. They were not in danger because they were armed and fought back, they were saved because of it. Had they not fought back, the story could have had a much worse ending.
Yeah and that worked back then. Now the druggies would get pissed and try to find a way to get even.Some don't fear getting shot.Probably been shot before
The best thing to do is stop the threat.That way the neighborhood doesn't have to wonder when the POS' will be back

Maybe this alarm company should change their name to "SimpliSheep"

Embrace your fear! If you are worthy, Lord Obama will arrive on a white stallion to save you in the night. Do not fight, it is too yucky, and even more scary than hiding away. A real man doesn't fight, he makes espresso for his new guests. Now, shave your ba!!s and get to that espresso!

SimpliSheep LOL. Maybe they could have a custom alarm that goes "Ba-a-a-a". :D

Having practiced using a katana in a confined household situation and found it wanting, my next best exercise is to use the somewhat shorter wakizashi and tanto combination instead - one in each hand, of course.

No guns for defence here in yUK, just anything you can find to preserve a life that you fear to lose - your own. I LIKE my life, and take threats to it very seriously. Somebody somehow getting into my house obviously does not have my continuing well-being at heart, like I do, so he is going to get hurt, no question about it.

tac

image.jpg So when someone breaks into your house you leave you kids to fend for themselves while hiding like a punk?! Heck no.

Anyone see the show on discovery "To catch a thief"? That was an awesome series and a lot to learn from.

Don't forget to film that. It won't help any at your trial, but it will get an a-ton of hits on YouTube.

C'mon, not in the LITERAL sense! It's just using absurdity to illustrate a vivid picture of the nature of my "meanness" of dispatching a D-bag housebreaker... besides it'd be a waste of my "precious bodily fluids". o_O

But you DO have a point on the YouTube hits! :D

Unless you are a trained professional, don't grab a weapon.

Unless you're a brain dead moron, which every liberal is, grab a weapon because being caught with your pants up is better than being caught with your pants down. I bubbleguming hate liberal logic, if I followed it I would have been dead a long time ago. The fact they survive is a mystery to me.

Americans don't need guns, BUT well give:
Iran nukes.

Muslim brotherhood free F16s.

Syrian rebels tons of munitions and weaponry.

Open our border and not deport illegal immigrant criminals.

Free 1000s of criminals from prisons.

Allow riots and looting after criminals gets killed by LEOs, and help incite violence towards police around the country.

And ban guns in areas of mass shootings.

Don't worry that we constantly push to make this world a more dangerous hell hole, you need to give up your guns so we can make you "safer"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top