JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
^

And that's not serving the state how? The military is the arm of the state, doofus.

This is a huge waste of time by the way, arguing someone who names himself after a cop show. Tell me, has your bootlicking ever actually gotten you out of a ticket?

So, a CHL holder came forward. He had the shooter in his sights and didn't shoot because of people moving about in the background.

More than one eye witness said there were three gunmen. Now we know about two of them. Who was the third?

Possibly Steve that was killed. It has been said he was a CHL holder and there were some reports that his gun was found next to his body. But much like the CT reporting the true facts will take a while to be released.

What a sad little man...

Have you read the forum rules Adam12, I think we all slip once in awhile however you seem to be attacking people personally and not really looking for answers.

The rules are here <broken link removed>

Hey everyone's entitled to their opinion, just really starts to make the forum look like a bunch of gun toting yahoos when people just start going off and insulting others personally !

I think everyone needs to step back and chill.

Give the rhetoric crap a rest and lets get back to topic, this thread is supposed to be how we as CHL/CPL holder can, could, will deal with Mall shooter scenarios..

Reports are now that possibly two of us were in the mall that day and very likely cut his rampage very short, as well as the AR jamming.

Have you read the forum rules Adam12, I think we all slip once in awhile however you seem to be attacking people personally and not really looking for answers.

The rules are here <broken link removed>

Hey everyone's entitled to their opinion, just really starts to make the forum look like a bunch of gun toting yahoos when people just start going off and insulting others personally !

You mean like calling people idiots, etc? There are gun toting yahoos on this forum. You think "arguing someone who names himself after a cop show. Tell me, has your bootlicking ever actually gotten you out of a ticket" isn't a personal attack? I haven't seen the mods do anything about those attacks, I'm thinking those rules don't apply.

TIME OUT!

I have taken many classes and courses on self defense. The #1 rule in any emergency situation is not to make it worse.
That being said, training is essential to reacting well in any crisis, whether it's a mall shooting or car wreck. I train a lot because I'm told by those who know more about these things than me, that in an actual event, most people are only going to be half as good as the training they have. The reasoning being that most of us can't train with the adrenalin and emotions of a life or death experience.

So I train and practice for the day I hope never comes. I am no coward, I am no hero. I am pretty sure that if the day ever comes that I have to react to such a situation that I will probably instinctively do what needs to be done, what ever that is.

After reading all these post I can only believe for sure the ones that say they would hide or stay out of harms way. To all the would be heroes.... I hope at least half of you have the training, intelligence, and instinct you say you do, and that you are present the next time something like this happens.

No thanks I would rather be logical then rational.

A rational person will reason that is a good idea to walk out in front of a bus.
A logical person knows it is not even worth considering.

Thanks for the laugh, notice some people on here just type away leaving
themselves wide open to see the holes in their responses.

That doesn't even make sense. I would rather you be either of the two, but your post was not that.

The only way to take out the shooter in that scenario was when his rifle jammed, angling in and moving on him fast to get a clean shot. it would take raw courage and you would have to consider he might be wearing a ballistic vest, and that he might try to draw a handgun

The only way to take out the shooter in that scenario was when his rifle jammed, angling in and moving on him fast to get a clean shot. it would take raw courage and you would have to consider he might be wearing a ballistic vest, and that he might try to draw a handgun

Rifle jam is a perfect time to even go hands on with the guy. I agree though, raw courage.

Blitz and Adam12 make good points above. Especially the part about raw courage. It would take a huge amount of that to approach in any way a man in the act of shooting others.

Approaching from his backside would be another way, even if he's active. But, that's still a ballsy move.

that's why it only happens in the movies.
Blitz and Adam12 make good points above. Especially the part about raw courage. It would take a huge amount of that to approach in any way a man in the act of shooting others.

Approaching from his backside would be another way, even if he's active. But, that's still a ballsy move.

:s0155:I was referring to the whole "sneak up behind him etc." The Police only do that in the movies You guys are right about acts of courage happening every day.

With all of the noise and commotion going on, or I assume would be going on, in a situation like this, sneaking up may not be needed. I don't know, I've never been there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews