JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's my question to everyone. I mean no disrespect to anyone( disclaimer). Aside from mil/le people with expierence in gun fights, how many of us can honestly say how we would react. Nom matter how hard and realistic we train, the bullets only go one way. The safety of my love ones would always come first. Anything else I cannot say until it happens. Could I make a shot under stress and not accidently harm someone else? I hope so. I would like to think so, but maybe not. So how do we train ourselves for this kind of encounters ?

This threads title is about sheepdogs. They will put their life at risk to save the lives of innocents. It's in some, not others. I respect those that won't as I'm sure they want to live in order to protect their family later or to enjoy a good life. Others aren't in that position and would gladly take the risk of falling if it means someone else (like the young) might live.

Thank God for the sheep dogs!!!!!

I would make sure my kids and wife are safe, then any other children in my vicinity, adults can fend for themselves.

If I had a chance to affect the outcome I would especially if I were two steps behind the Guy.

If I saw any kids getting shot at I would be on a mission to remove that person from this earth.

I am no cowboy I just know how I would react

Pray tell, how in the world are you gonna make your wife and kids safe when a bad guy is shooting at everyone? Running and hiding may not be an alternative. Maybe the thing to do is to become offensive instead of defensive. Automatically thinking the first and best possible reaction is to be defensive could turn out to be the worst decision. I would think that having the mind set to do either could be far better to everyone. Including your wife and kids.

In WA State there's no question, we are allowed to use deadly force to stop a violent felony, even against a stranger. I'm far from a coward but it's not my job to protect lemmings, even from an @$$hat like this one

BTW 60 rds and only two dead? Good grief, the sheeple should be elated. A real gunner would have taken at least 30 out with that number of rounds

If I was close enough for a decent pistol shot and had a clear field of fire, I might have risked a shot at that jerk. That is a pretty big "if" though. I have been in combat before, and shoot/practice a lot, but in a crowded mall type situation where target identification is risky, or collateral damage is risky, I may have elected not to shoot. Nobody knows what they would or should do until they are faced with the situation. One thing is certain, any actions you (or I) would take in such a situation (where we put our carry weapon to use) would be thoroughly and utterly scrutinized afterwards by everybody. This would include law enforcement and a whole fleet of lawyers with a wide field of differing interests, so any of us should think long and hard about whether or not we should intervene in a shooting scenario like the thing at Clackamas Town Center.

BTW the Portland shooter was Asian and he passed right by at least one Asian man to continue to shoot white people. The passed-by fellow was right off the boat (poor English) and said he saw the shooter in a hockey mask look at him, he thought he was dead, yet the shooter went past him to continue shooting

I can only hope when they fully militarily invade us they will be this incompetent

BTW the Portland shooter was Asian and he passed right by at least one Asian man to continue to shoot white people. The passed-by fellow was right off the boat (poor English) and said he saw the shooter in a hockey mask look at him, he thought he was dead, yet the shooter went past him to continue shooting

I can only hope when they fully militarily invade us they will be this incompetent
So you're trying to claim it was a race thing? GMAFB.

You've spewed more than your share of utterly brainless and ugly stuff on this forum, but you really outdid yourself here.

Yeah, I'm at a loss for words 0_0

LOL @ this thread. Get over yourselves, you're not "sheep dogs". These people made their choice to leave their lives to the state, just let them be.

Your CC piece might as well be a squirt gun going up against a guy with an AR-15 and body armor. You can blame the state for refusing to let you carry a real fighting weapon (i.e. denying you your basic right of self-defense).

Who are you to decide? So what are you? "Sheepdogs" are a state of mind. People willing to go to the problem instead of running away from it. You talk alot about people who give up their rights but, what about you? You drive without the "state mandated license" and don't follow traffic laws as other "lemmings," right?You talk a great game- on the internet. DM=fail.

It would make no sense for him to go to such a large place unless Chaos and death was his motive. This guy whom ever he was, obviously was not in a sane mind set and at the peril of the victims I think his only motive was to leave this planet in a spectacle .
Think about it, he could have gone to a nice quite parking lot near the river and ended his life, instead he went to one of the largest malls on the westcoast, with a gun and had to know his life would end that day long before he got there.
I think even hinting this was race is about as bad as banning guns over it, just a pathetic attempt to take away from what this really was. It was a sad day for Portland and for the familys. It was not about race or gun control. It was about a crazy SOB who cared about nothing but going out of this world and taking others with him.

Not racism, just sad.

I do not agree with allot of what you say on here, but everyone is entitled to say something stupid once in awhile, some are just better at it the others. :s0112:
Can't believe you pulled the race card from the deck really ???

Try being rational sometime, then I'll pick it apart for ya.

No thanks I would rather be logical then rational.

A rational person will reason that is a good idea to walk out in front of a bus.
A logical person knows it is not even worth considering.

Thanks for the laugh, notice some people on here just type away leaving
themselves wide open to see the holes in their responses.

None of you venom spewers are rational or logical. I was.. what I stated about him walking by an Asian to continute to shoot whites and maybe other races is fact

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top