JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1691436664619.png

I do agree with the quote from the article that Flopsweat posted in post #12

However something else to consider here is....

When individuals are feeling rage / extreme frustration and the like , as well as if there is nothing to lose.....
Then they often strike out at whoever is nearest and available....whether or not those people are actually the "cause" of the rage.
Thinking as it were , in these cases , often goes out the window and it is a case of a enraged individual reacting at whatever or whoever is available at that moment....
Again much like the quote with no thought of possible consequences or punishment.

When this happens...there ain't reasoning with someone , at that moment .
With a toddler , one can often wait it out and fix the issue later....with a shooter...
Well it is a case of fight or flight....wow...where is my grant money...? :D
Andy

The fact that an individual is willing to commit the most serious crime that carries with it the most serious punishment means that that person is unlikely to be deterred by laws with less serious consequences.

BUT, But, but......even with MOST SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES/PUNISHMENT. IF a person is found GUILTY, the PUNISHMENT is seldom carried out.

I mean.....
When was the last time that OR or WA actually followed through with "Capital Punishment"?

Then, if and when.....it finally comes that time (evidenced by other states) well, it's usually a loooong time before it's actually done.

BUT, But, but..... Even IF, someone get's LIFE, it doesn't really count. Rrrright..... IMHO, LIFE w/ parole is an oxymoron. Not to mention that someone like Kate Brown, will maybe come along and possibly commute the sentence. And add (in some cases) the seemingly endless appeals and even perhaps parole hearings.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads