JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just looking for your take....I passed on a purchaser that was interested in a pistol i had for sell...because he/she was adamant about "paperless" trades or purchases. I myself would not sell the pistol without some form of release of responsibility for said firearm. Would you complete a sale - with someone you don't know - without a BOS?

Just curious as to why anyone who be so adverse to having one in a transaction - especially with a firearm. :confused:

Actually, a drivers license is state ID. It might comply with fed standards but not all states give a rats *** about fed standards. And if the feds had real standards, everyone would need a valid ID to vote. Being poor is a lame excuse. You need ID to get food stamps/welfare/living assistance. If you need it for that, then you should need it to vote. I also don't believe those who get any form of welfare should be allowed to vote because they will just vote for those who will give them more of what they never earned. Call me callas.

I don't understand why people just don't get it. From this minute on it is a drivers licence. Can we get back to the original question of the post #2

Just looking for your take....I passed on a purchaser that was interested in a pistol i had for sell...because he/she was adamant about "paperless" trades or purchases. I myself would not sell the pistol without some form of release of responsibility for said firearm. Would you complete a sale - with someone you don't know - without a BOS?

Just curious as to why anyone who be so adverse to having one in a transaction - especially with a firearm. :confused:

Because you are wrong, yet continually pushing what you said as fact when you are obviously incorrect.

No sir I am Not wrong - WARE ARE YOUR PAPERS?

No sir I am Not wrong - WARE ARE YOUR PAPERS?

9220715.jpg

You can look at it anyway you want. But it all boils down to theFirearm is YOURS and YOU can chose to sell it to whom ever and with what ever conditions you want. They can chose to meet those requirements or walk away.

That about sums it up, yes. Courtesy suggests having that requirement (by either party) laid out BEFORE the deal is finalized, but otherwise it's up to the buyer and seller to determine whether the deal is worth it or not, no different than anything else that goes into a deal - cash only, no PayPal, meet halfway, FTF, no shipping, etc. :s0112:

A bill of sale doesn't protect the seller from liability, it protects the buyer and serves as evidence the buyer actually owns the gun. In fact, on most bill of sale forms, including the Oregon DMV's form for the sale of a vehicle (see http://www.odot.state.or.us/forms/dmv/501fill.pdf), the buyer doesn't even sign. I wouldn't buy a gun without a bill of sale or some form of receipt. I think the only liability on a seller's part would be traced to some form of negligence. If the buyer doesn't want a bill of sale, that's fine, you can still draw one up for yourself, sign, and keep for your records.

I see a bill of sale for a firearm more for the seller and not for the buyer, for the main reason that if you are the original owner and the police come knocking you can provide proof that you sold the gun to so and so back when, but it does help the buyer to prove ownership if the seller is a bit shady

If you have more than one ID in your possession you can go to Jail and that is a fact!
Thanks for letting us know.

BS. Drivers license and passport are 2 ID's. No problem. Only one is federal - the passport. People who reside in two states can also have 2 drivers licenses. People can also have multiple CCW permits from various states.

You said you were a ffl dealer for 35 years but you don't know much about the law.

SH, "No sir I am Not wrong - WARE ARE YOUR PAPERS?"

You are obviously not too smart. At least twice on this thread you spelled 'where' 'ware.' Are you also one of those people who can't distinguish between 'then' and 'than?'

Take a nap. You need a long one.

BS. Drivers license and passport are 2 ID's. No problem. Only one is federal - the passport. People who reside in two states can also have 2 drivers licenses. People can also have multiple CCW permits from various states.

Well I am not sure who or where you got your info on this, but you are required to turn over your Drivers Licence when you move to another state and get a licence from the new state. You can only live in one state at a time, it it the state where you reside for at least 51% of the year.

You can have multiple Conceal carry licences from different states if you do business in them or ie live in Oregon but also have a home in Washington state.

If you have more than one ID in your possession you can go to Jail and that is a fact!
Thanks for letting us know.

If you have more than one ID showing you are two different people...yes, that is fraud.

There are many ID's some are accepted ID's everywhere and have pictures on them, example would be your OR CHL and your OR drivers license...you may have an enhansed DL so you can use it as a border crossing document, you may have a passport...you may have more than one passport from different countries, say the US and Isreal, or the US and Canada, or all three....you may have a voters registration card....

What you may not have is two ID's that identify you as two different persons, no I don't mean you cannot have your wife's passport in hand, but you cannot pass it off as your own. I hand my wife'spassport over everytime we cross the border...along with mine, Just as long as I am not trying to represent that I am not who I really am...perfectly OK.

Silver Hand, learn grammar. The "multiple ID's" post you are responding to actually said:

As an example I have had ohio, california, washington and guamian DL's.

Note the use of past tense "have had." He could just as easily have meant over the course of his lifetime he's had ID's from all of those places, rather than all at the same time. For example, one can say, "I've dated 15 women." That doesn't necessarily mean, "I've dated 15 women, at the same time."

In regards to Bills of Sale, I don't have strong preferences in either direction. Just do what the law requires and don't lose any sleep over any of it.

IMO, I use the BOS as a way to weed out the dishonest. And I know it isnt fool proof I know some people have good poker faces but I really think someone who is acting cagey should not be owning a gun that is linked to me,

I dont mind doing paperless transactions one I meet someone and get a feel for them, you know what I mean if you meet someone and something seems off you just call the whole deal off.

Again not fool proof but either you could be 100% for or against a BOS or you can make it a case by case scenario.

Some people live in states 50% of the time and can get a drivers license in 2 states. I know people who have done so, legally.

Making it up as you go along ?

Can I possess a drivers license for two different states at?

icb97269 - How is my spelling and grammar now?

Yes I have a impairment in reading and in spelling. What excuse do you have for being so insulting.
Also were you born with that vivid Imagination of knowing people with two drivers licenses. Or do you just make things up and believe in yourself so mush it becomes a fact?

Show evidence I lied, otherwise bite it SH.

You can't even read. LCB97269 = lcb97269. Maybe I could loan you my $ store reading glasses.

I will be in your neighborhood, Medford, in a few days if you would like to continue the discussion face to face, kid. I'll buy you lunch and you can call me liar to my face.

Had to edit my response after noticing that you have only been here a month and have done nothing but whine in 147 posts. That must be a record of some kind.

I also noticed that you don't even seem to know who you are responding to. Are you a pot farmer that has been testing too much of his own product? Just asking.

Had to go back and read all of your posts. Get back on the meds. No way you held an ffl for 40 years as whacked out and antagonistic as you are.

BTW SH, from your own source:

"However there are some exceptions to this general rule and thus you are allowed to obtain a second license without surrendering your primary license."

Are you now going to argue against yourself?

Making it up as you go along ?

Can I possess a drivers license for two different states at?

icb97269 - How is my spelling and grammar now?

You want to get down on someone pick a kid you can beat with your lies. Go veg.

Jeez, can we stop with the peeing contest and move on already?

If it makes you feel better to have a BOS, then do so. It's not required and provides you no necessary cover. Asking for an ID to make sure someone is a resident of your own state, if that makes you happy, fine.

The only time people get into any trouble over this is KNOWINGLY selling to a PP or KNOWINGLY selling to someone from out of state.

The buyer's problem is the buyer's problem. If I buy a gun from you that's been used in a murder IN MY TOWN, by what possible stretch of paranoia do you think it's going to get me investigated for more than about 5 seconds?

Sure as Hell they'll ask me where I got it, but that's about it. (And I lost the gun, bill of sale or no).

If you're concerned about someone being a BG, then DON'T SELL HIM THE GUN. There, that was simple wasn't it?

I bought a gun from a cop many years ago. About a month later he wanted to do a BOS. I told him I wasn't signing anything. TS.

I later sold that gun to a guy who didn't want any kind of federal record that he had a gun. Seeing as he was a DOCTOR, and more paranoid than dangerous, I didn't hesitate and sold him the gun. If he had killed his wife with that gun, please explain to me how a prosecutor is going to make a case to even GET to court based on the above.

I think the hoopla over BOS is sheer damned foolishness. Asking for an ID that shows an in-state residence might save you from an EXTREMELY UNLIKELY charge, but again, I'm not aware of any such charges being brought except where the defendant (seller) knew damn well the guy was not a in-state resident and that fact was able to be presented to a jury.

A BOS won't cure stupid. If you talk to the cops without a lawyer (stupid) and admit a crime to them (even MORE stupid) you're going to get indicted.

Since, if you're that Fing stupid, you're going to get indicted sooner or later for being an idiot, maybe you should just sell anything to anyone at all times. You'll do the time sooner and not have all the worry.

Jeez, can we stop with the peeing contest and move on already?

If it makes you feel better to have a BOS, then do so. It's not required and provides you no necessary cover. Asking for an ID to make sure someone is a resident of your own state, if that makes you happy, fine.

The only time people get into any trouble over this is KNOWINGLY selling to a PP or KNOWINGLY selling to someone from out of state.

The buyer's problem is the buyer's problem. If I buy a gun from you that's been used in a murder IN MY TOWN, by what possible stretch of paranoia do you think it's going to get me investigated for more than about 5 seconds?

Sure as Hell they'll ask me where I got it, but that's about it. (And I lost the gun, bill of sale or no).

If you're concerned about someone being a BG, then DON'T SELL HIM THE GUN. There, that was simple wasn't it?

I bought a gun from a cop many years ago. About a month later he wanted to do a BOS. I told him I wasn't signing anything. TS.

I later sold that gun to a guy who didn't want any kind of federal record that he had a gun. Seeing as he was a DOCTOR, and more paranoid than dangerous, I didn't hesitate and sold him the gun. If he had killed his wife with that gun, please explain to me how a prosecutor is going to make a case to even GET to court based on the above.

I think the hoopla over BOS is sheer damned foolishness. Asking for an ID that shows an in-state residence might save you from an EXTREMELY UNLIKELY charge, but again, I'm not aware of any such charges being brought except where the defendant (seller) knew damn well the guy was not a in-state resident and that fact was able to be presented to a jury.

A BOS won't cure stupid. If you talk to the cops without a lawyer (stupid) and admit a crime to them (even MORE stupid) you're going to get indicted.

Since, if you're that Fing stupid, you're going to get indicted sooner or later for being an idiot, maybe you should just sell anything to anyone at all times. You'll do the time sooner and not have all the worry.

What happened to the no peeing?:s0049:

without some form of release of responsibility for said firearm. Would you complete a sale - with someone you don't know - without a BOS?

there is no liability in a ftf transaction with in the political boundry of your state as long as you have no suspicion your selling to a felon or a person under age.

i only require you show me your resident fishing license.

ask me to do a full doc ftf transaction and you can find yourself another buyer to retail, i will however offer you a free stfu.

im not sure where the gun community is going, but things were not like this as recent as a three or four years ago. the sky is falling, there is a chocolate shortage, if i make a ftf gun deal without paperwork black helicopters will land in my yard.

people really? go buy a flippen prius and watch reruns of portlandia on netflix.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top