JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do you say about a trolling motor that will keep you at the same depth and follow the contour lines on a lake or river. They got those now.

That's on par with those damn scopes that you point the crosshairs at and it fires the gun when you have the gun pointed at the right angle. Good out to 1,000 yards or some crazy thing...

Bah Humbug!!!!:mad:

We have Helicopters that self hover in a fixed spot regardless of weather conditions which makes that job WAY safer for any rescue work, we have ships that self navigate and can stay in one fixed spot no matter the weather or current, and like Joe just pointed out, we have weapon systems that are far more accurate AND longer range then ever possible with human interaction! Exciting times, and scary as heck too!

- more robots and less jobs in not a good thing in my book.

I don't know what we are going to do. Well, I'm getting older and would be out of the work force before too many more years (20) but what about my kid and grandkid?

I am sure that Teamsters thought the same thing when trucks were introduced. How many horse teams got retired. What of the Iceman? (not the the one in the danger zone)

When I look at certain sci-fi, we'll most sci-fi does not address economics, like Star Trek - what did people do for money or careers. Jee, I want to be the Captain! Were they all batteries in a Maxtrix dreaming of being the captain?

In the Serenity universe, some became outlaws, smugglers and they looked at the black market (which always has and always will exist) but what of the normies -

Heinlein looks at what is starting to be called the jobber market. One character - beginning of "For Us the Living" has a job dancing - in her own home. The computer network puts her performance in with others who are also performing at home for the audience. We can do this today. But how many are artists? I want to be a photographer, just like everyone else.

Idle hands are a bad thing. I just know progress is inevitable and driven by money (well coveting -things and the things/experiences money buys) Or to grab yet another movie reference - Greed.

Just how much control of your life are you willing to give?
What is it about "oppressed" is not clear? After the novelty wears off, After the regulations begin multiplying, registration, fees and fines are in place. Just who do you believe will have the keys and control of your transportation?
Most of you can afford an airplane, what you cant likely afford is all the regulation and fees associated with owning, operation and maintenance all required by law, not to mention the severe limitations on where and when you travel.

Great, then the government will control where you can go. Nope, can't go down that road, can't stop here, all cars driving the speed limit, want to let someone in that's trying to pull out? Forget it. I hate the idea.

Heard a blurb on NPR today about discussions on whether or not the person who sits in the "driver's seat" in these early version self-driving cars needs to have a license or not. Sounded like they were worried someone would strap in the toddlers and send them off to grandma's house without an adult in the car. Of course, that might be safer than the self-driving car with a 14 year old kid sitting in the driver's seat... They'd be figuring out how to take it off self-drive so they could make it go faster!

The technology is so unfamiliar to us that it's going to take a while to figure it out. At this point, if I looked over and saw the car beside me with no one in the driver's seat, I'd probably be so surprised that I'D crash! Lol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top