JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look at the good news.

When your 90 and loose your license. You will still be able to get around.
Just hope you aren't so senile you set a course to see the grandkids 36 hours away.
When you remember it being a 45 minute drive. :D

Up here in Puget Sound on KIRO radio FM. There is a week day show called the "Tom and Curley Show". They were talking about this subject today. One of them brought up something I never would have thought about but is amazingly true. The insurance companies are behind this 110%. Why? If you take out the human element of driving and the insurance companies will "ONLY" insure you with an atuonamiss vehicle and will not insure you if you drive for yourself. Sort of a much more advanced version of "Snap-shot" by Progressive. It is something to think about. o_O

Obama threw in his approval, so I'm against it.

Just another peice of technology people will foolishly trust to their deaths.

When will people learn. Tech is not always good.

Just more crap to go wrong...

Mechanical things work or are broken.

Electrical things glitch, unreliably fail and can work then not work and then work again for who knows why.

I don't do digital locks on safes and I sure as hell won't use a self driving car until after they outlaw human driven cars.

Relax on the self drive cars thing folks! Let me ax you a question, How many times have you taken a commercial flight in the last 15 years? Did you know that the Airliner you are flying in pretty much self flies? It also self lands!!! They are supposedly able to auto correct for bad weather better then a pilot can on final! Just tossing that out there for all the haters of new tech!

:s0054:And they are wondering what is up with America. People are now getting to lazy to drive themselves :s0054:.
On the other side it will be harder to get a ticket for :s0032:and driving.

Relax on the self drive cars thing folks! Let me ax you a question, How many times have you taken a commercial flight in the last 15 years? Did you know that the Airliner you are flying in pretty much self flies? It also self lands!!! They are supposedly able to auto correct for bad weather better then a pilot can on final! Just tossing that out there for all the haters of new tech!

True for sure, but there is a lot less to hit up at 30,000 feet:p.

It's also been slowly integrated and I'm a fan of 2.0 or 3.0 tech - Let the rest of the world debug the first versions says I:D.

A lot of it is I find pure joy in driving. I have a heavy foot and have done more then my share of racing on and off the track - I think it's been 12+ years since my last ticket though so I must be mellowing out as I age. (I wouldn't count any of my wrecks as bad driving because there have always been someone or something out of my control as the cause - and I'm not talking ice or weather).

Obama threw in his approval, so I'm against it.

Just another peice of technology people will foolishly trust to their deaths.

When will people learn. Tech is not always good.

This is probably what our ancestors said in 1915? [Except it was Woodrow Wilson] :D

No. It's upon us. Can't change that.

There will even be models without steering wheels. ;) And they will all be safer than the average driver. Sure, there will still be deaths and malfunctions. But on average. The Ghost in the machine will always do a better job at making calculations. That's all he dose.

It feels scary to become antiquated. o_O

Last Edited:
Tesla has had a highway self drive for a while now.
Think about this. Every Tesla you've seen on the highway may be using this feature.
You still need to pay attention and it only works on the highway. Some people have crashed while trying use it in a city. Guess they didn't think it was important to follow the instructions.

Just more crap to go wrong...

Mechanical things work or are broken.

Electrical things glitch, unreliably fail and can work then not work and then work again for who knows why.

I don't do digital locks on safes and I sure as hell won't use a self driving car until after they outlaw human driven cars.

A modern car today can have up to 100 ECU's.
My Corvette has three just for the doors and windows. And it doesn't even drive itself. :D

Sorry but it's already got us Joe. ;)

A modern car today can have up to 100 ECU's.
My Corvette has three just for the doors and windows. And it doesn't even drive itself. :D

Sorry but it's already got us Joe. ;)

Oh I know, I just dislike electrical components after working with them all of my adult life in my career and with PC's:p (and stupid cars that stop working when a $50 part fails lol)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top