JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently some rocket scientist decided to clean his gun while driving in Gresham. In the process, he shot himself, in the leg I believe. My only question is; Why in the heck would someone do that? And then we wonder why some folk think gun owners might not have it all together.
This peraon should be charged with reckless endangerment, lose his/her/they 2nd amandments rights forever, and have law enforcement sieze all of their firearms.

From the article:
"In order to remove the slide from a semi-automatic handgun, one has to pull the trigger to unlock slide... " said Gresham police officer Jarom Sweazey.

Officer Sweazy is grossly misinformed... :rolleyes:
Poorly worded on his part, not all semi-automatic handgun require a pull the trigger to "unlock slide".

He means to remove the slide not to unlock it, he is most likely familiar with Glocks and they require a pull of the trigger remove the slide from the frame. Glock slides do not lock like say a 1911 with it's safety engaged.
Right. I understood the officer's comment as one needed to pull the trigger in order to remove the slide during disassembly, which was what my original comment addressed, since the article is about cleaning the gun while driving. This led me to believe that s/he is familiar with the disassembly of just Glocks.

Right. I understood the officer's comment as needing to pull the trigger in order to remove the slide, which was what my original comment was addressing
This led me to believe that s/he is familiar with the disassembly of just Glocks.
Several striker fired handguns (Steyr M, Kahr, Sigma, Glock, XD to name a few) require the trigger to be pulled for disassembly and not just more modern guns the Walther P1/P38. Firearm manufacturer go out of their way to avoid it any more because of idiots and lawyers.

I think we can all agree that the Officer Sweazy's comment is fundamentally untrue. That was my original point: that Officer Sweazy is grossly misinformed about how semi-automatic handguns must be manipulated for disassembly. I think most on this board are aware that not all S/A handguns must have the trigger pulled in order to be disassembled. And that's it! That's all I was saying.

So why the continued tit-for-tat on this? I really don't care which guns need, and need not, to have the trigger pulled for disassembly. Again, that's was never my point. My sole point and reason for commenting at all was to call out that Officer Sweazy's statement was grossly inaccurate.

Dupe.

@Moderators can we get these threads merged?
1674340950138.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads