JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the article:
"In order to remove the slide from a semi-automatic handgun, one has to pull the trigger to unlock slide... " said Gresham police officer Jarom Sweazey.

Officer Sweazy is grossly misinformed... :rolleyes:
I am guessing either the reporter just miss quoted the Cop, easy to see happen since so many of them don't know which end the bullet comes out on a gun or, the Cop has a Glock and has never handled anything else. My bet would be the reporter was told that that model needed to be dry fired and he just wrote it that the Cop said all of them work this way.

I am guessing either the reporter just miss quoted the Cop, easy to see happen since so many of them don't know which end the bullet comes out on a gun or, the Cop has a Glock and has never handled anything else. My bet would be the reporter was told that that model needed to be dry fired and he just wrote it that the Cop said all of them work this way.
Accuracy in media... :rolleyes:

This peraon should be charged with reckless endangerment, lose his/her/they 2nd amandments rights forever, and have law enforcement sieze all of their firearms.
The actual crime here (reckless/negligent driving, perhaps???) was committed whilst driving, and so the punishment should reflect that fact. In that regard, this idiot should have his driver's license suspended (or maybe even revoked). Look at it from the DUI perspective... you get busted for DUI, you lose your license to drive, not your right to drink. So why should he lose his guns...??? :s0092:

Granted, the guy's a phuq'n idiot for doing what he did, but let's deal in facts and not let emotions rule the decision on punishment.

Last Edited:
If I'm looking for legitimate information on a firearm related subject it sure as won't be from a cop, let alone the media.
May want to add the guy who managed to shoot himself while driving to that list of people not to depend on for good info.:s0140:
He may have been channeling that Fed LEO who shot himself in front of those school kids right after telling them he was the only one in the room who should be handling a firearm. Driver said "hey I can do you one better than that, watch this."

I wonder what the real story is. The few times that I have been involved with some later news story, even after writing it out for the police, it strangely turns out wildly radically different in the "news".
My sole point and reason for commenting at all was to call out that Officer Sweazy's statement was grossly inaccurate.
With that in mind, shouldn't the above read, ..." My sole point and reason for commenting at all was to call out that Officer Sweazy's statement, AS REPORTED BY THE MEDIA was grossly inaccurate."

or more accurately most likely:

"As usual, the medias report of officers Sweazys statement was was grossly inaccurate. The victim, (no photo provided for some strange reason) driver D'shaunty Smiff, who didn't 'no nuffin and will walk free as usual, was transported to the hospital where you will pay for his care as he doesn't have money or insurance..."
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Which only leaves us wondering what really occurred.

The actual crime here (reckless/negligent driving, perhaps???) was committed whilst driving, and so the punishment should reflect that fact. In that regard, this idiot should have his driver's license suspended (or maybe even revoked). Look at it from the DUI perspective... you get busted for DUI, you lose your license to drive, not your right to drink. So why should he lose his guns...??? :s0092:

Granted, the guy's a phuq'n idiot for doing what he did, but let's deal in facts and not let emotions rule the decision on punishment.
I think the courts often instruct the drunk driver not to drink while they are pending trial and on probation or whatever. Or something like that.

This peraon should be charged with reckless endangerment, lose his/her/they 2nd amandments rights forever, and have law enforcement sieze all of their firearms.
Developing such a strong opinion based on a single, poorly written news article isn't the smartest thing to do. But modern "journalists" surely appreciate the mindset.

BTW: That "I slipped" excuse was an actual statement from a perp on trial; I just forget where I first saw/heard it.
It actually happens, honest! Several coworkers of mine used to ride motorcycles with my brother until one of them tripped and fell in the other ones wife. There was a lot of tense inquiries from the jealous husband as to who else had maybe tripped at some point. Moral of the story keep your pants on and watch out for slips, trips and falls!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top