JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What kind of trouble would someone be in if you used a legally carried pistol to defend yourself at a rally
against antifa beating on you?
Would you be accused of being antagonistic by being there in the first place with a gun?
What if you were wearing Trump gear? Would you be able to claim self defense?
Or would you be accused of trying to start something and using your weapon premeditated?

Be an adult and avoid these "flash in a pan" rallies.
Save your energy for the Purge, where it will really count.
Just saying.
Your mileage may vary.

well I don't go but wondering. the videos of people being beaten like the man in Berkeley makes me wonder. The police left and were not there to stop it.

well I don't go but wondering. the videos of people being beaten like the man in Berkeley makes me wonder. The police left and were not there to stop it.
Stop wondering. There are forces bigger than you driving these people with opposing view points at each other. Why do you want to be a part of that? You don't need any of those idiots to validate or define yourself.

Stop wondering. There are forces bigger than you driving these people with opposing view points at each other. Why do you want to be a part of that? You don't need any of those idiots to validate or define yourself.

The cops pulled out because the Mayor has friends who are ANTIFA, and he's a sympathizer. How many sitting judges do you think there are that are his "friends", too?

Don't do it, listen to the advice given. Going to those things is like winning a fight with someone on the internet.... :rolleyes:

i am not validating not even sure what that means. but I think about concealed carry defense use situations so that I have a better understanding of situations. I would say it would never happen to me but two times I have had my hand on the gun but never pointed.
This is a hypothetical for me since I do not go. Really did not expect to be rebuked for asking the question.

My personal idea of this is just not go. Yes it is your right to do so. The problem is if you do, and get attacked, and have to shoot, it very well may cost you HUGE. Are you willing to take this risk for the sake of being there? If not, don't go. If yes, try to make sure you don't pull a gun until it's no other choice. The other BIG problem with this is if you fire in a crowd are you willing to take the heat for killing someone you had no intention of shooting? So again have to ask yourself, do you really want to go?

i am not validating not even sure what that means. but I think about concealed carry defense use situations so that I have a better understanding of situations. I would say it would never happen to me but two times I have had my hand on the gun but never pointed.
This is a hypothetical for me since I do not go. Really did not expect to be rebuked for asking the question.

Can't speak for all but this has been brought up before. I have seen some arguing that they basically wanted to put themselves in a situation where they would be likely to need to use the gun. What many of us are trying to say is knowingly putting yourself in this situation for no reason is begging for trouble. As in why go looking for trouble.

your gun probably carries 15ish rounds. u really wanna take on 1000+ protestors?

i understand the question but i think the correct answer would be to not put yourself in a potentially bad situation.

You're not being rebuked AT ALL, you're being EXHORTED to consider the larger picture. We just don't want to see YOU on the news, unless you win the lottery... or the entire inter-webs, whichever comes first. ;)

Going to "demonstrations" that you feel require deadly force to attend?
There will be NOTHING that you can do with a firearm in a crowd at such an event, NOTHING, that will result in a positive outcome for you, your family, friends, or the gun community. These Thugs are finally becoming their own worst enemy, any violent "push-back" will make them stronger and garner sympathy.
Believe it or not, probably the best thing you can do at this point is pad-up and take some hits for the team, while your buddies make a cellphone video.

Don't waste your time hunting for trouble ....
.... trouble will find you soon enough, without any effort on your part.

Going to one of these gatherings is inviting trouble and going armed raises the odds you will use your weapon. Are you prepared for the legal battle that will follow? One you will probably lose. Best to just not go.

Best self defense is as always : Situational Awareness.
If it looks dicey , don't go.
If you are stuck in the middle of a rally that goes bad , I would suggest breaking contact and getting the heck out of Dodge.
Maybe turning my "Trump is great shirt" inside out , taking my pro-whatever it is , that the protesters are against , hat off etc ... while trying to get out of there as well.
Should people turn on you 'cause of what you are wearing or a sticker you have on your car?...
No , but when the mob rules , all bets are off....At that moment.
Someone will pay , why should it be you?

Shooting while in a crowd of people , even if you are being beat down , strikes me as dangerous.
What if you are jostled and your shot goes wild?
What if you have a pass through and your bullet hits the aggressor only to strike another person?
What if you are taken down and disarmed?
We can play the "What if" game all day here...

I'd rather play the : What if I don't go near a rally and have another cup of Joe , while reading a book game.
Andy

Last Edited:
There is reality and there is perception which argument do you think the jury will believe? To me I don't want to have a jury or anyone else decide my fate. My freedom is more important to me than it is to others.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top