JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Locks are only meant to keep honest people out...this includes safes.
This ^^ goes without saying. With a good, heavy, bolted down safe the person(s) is generally extra, super duper not honest. Even more dishonest that a regular not honest person. Like, extra dishonest, with time, and maybe better tools. o_O

This ^^ goes without saying. With a good, heavy, bolted down safe the person(s) is generally extra, super duper not honest. Even more dishonest that a regular not honest person. Like, extra dishonest, with time, and maybe better tools. o_O

Any kind of security also help with the anti lawyer thing. I well remember one of the early school shooting. Where some demented 11 YO stole his grandfathers guns and talked a 13 YO mate into helping him shoot up a school. 11 YO used a cutting torch to get at the guns that were in a safe. Lawyers for the victims went after the gun owner and case was promptly tossed. The reason was the gun owner had tried to secure the guns. Many states and towns are now passing and trying to pass laws like this. Hold the owner responsible if the guns was "too easy to steal". Bottom feeders have made a mess of the system but it's the system we live with for now.

I will say, if someone were to break into your place and "Pick up" and leave with your gun(s) You would fall into the category of irresponsible I think.

No, I disagree. The type of container is irrelavent isnt it? Im not going to blame the victim for the crime.

Go look at youtubes where people with common tools get into safes in a few minutes. I think the value of safes is exaggerated, although they might prevent the smash & grab crowd.

People leave guns in cars because prohibitionists make carrying difficult. The irresponsible ones are not the gun owners, but the prohibitionists. As to what people do in their own homes, that is up to them. I am no more worried about bad guys getting guns than bad guys getting cars.

People leave guns in cars because prohibitionists make carrying difficult. The irresponsible ones are not the gun owners, but the prohibitionists. As to what people do in their own homes, that is up to them. I am no more worried about bad guys getting guns than bad guys getting cars.

Are you worried about all kinds of crazy laws coming down the pike because of guns being stolen from homes where firearms are not secured? I am.

HOW CAN THIS BE?
one of the most liberal anti gun states yet enough of the liberals own guns to a point where they make the stolen gun stats

hypocrisy at its finest yet again from the liberals

Are you worried about all kinds of crazy laws coming down the pike because of guns being stolen from homes where firearms are not secured? I am.

Safe storage laws have always been in response to those that leave their guns out with children around and one of them kills their sibling. Different subject than theft which is not a major source of illegal guns compared to straw puchases from gang members..

I have a gun safe, the AR is in there. The mossberg 500 tactical is not. The SA TRP Operator is in there, the keltec PF 9 is not as are a few other cheap nines around the house.

I have a grand daughter, she is 8 mos old now and lives in Michigan. Son is planning on moving back to wa in another few yrs.

At that time when son moves back to wa and grand daughter visits, guns will all be in gun safe or at least one of those quick open pistol boxes so grand daughter can not easily find it and open it.

All my life I grew up with guns and never had a safe to keep them in, but I never had a nice expensive gun collection ether just the odd .22 the old shotguns and the beat up Remington 700.

Now I got better guns and don't want them stolen and son already said, we are both gun people but we got to be safe with grand daughter so lock up guns later when we visit. So it goes, things change etc. Not something I worry or will argue about. My son was born in 1983 and we never even thought, uh oh got to lock up all the guns back then.

~

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads