JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
oops.jpg

NOTE: I presume it was concealed because it was found on him after a search (he threw a Bud Ice at a police officer and hit him in the face while the officer was in his car). If they had to search him to find it, I'm guessing it was concealed, but that is not actually stated in the article. He is being charged with having a destructive device rather than an SBS. Perhaps someone with knowledge about NFA weapons could explain, but it appears it may be because it was never designed to be shouldered:

Also: LOL

To have to go to that extent for a gun, the individual is likely a felon, or otherwise prohibited person. Good golly, a high point would be more advantageous.

To have to go to that extent for a gun, the individual is likely a felon, or otherwise prohibited person. Good golly, a high point would be more advantageous.

surprising amount of videos on YouTube showing how to build this stuff (at legal sizes) and even an idiot could follow the instructions.

They may have been pulled down after YouTube went all anti gun but I'm sure it's not hard to find on the internets.

Those are legal if over 18 inches .and not concealed or a prohibited person. but he had no common sense or knowledge of firearms. it would be hard pressed to make a more dangeraus and crapping looking example.

What they charge him with will depend on whether it is a federal or state charge?

Seattle will probably decide that as a citizen of the Autonomous Zone he had diplomatic immunity and demand that the shotgun, ammunition and knife be returned along with a written apology

surprising amount of videos on YouTube showing how to build this stuff (at legal sizes) and even an idiot could follow the instructions.

They may have been pulled down after YouTube went all anti gun but I'm sure it's not hard to find on the internets.

Oh for sure, hammer, pipe, nail, end cap, second pipe slightly smaller than first but large enough to accommodate a 12ga cartridge. The concept is very rudimentary and would be easy to fabricate, but from a logical point of view, he would have been better served by a high point pistol. My betting money would be prohibited person, someone who dislikes our current capitalist system, tweeker, for $1000 Alex, but my presumption could be incorrect, we'll see.

Last Edited:
wow, looks like a real possibilty it would blow up in his face, if he tryed to fire it off....Kinda like any handgun in .40 S&W...:s0087:

On a similar note, the recoil on that thing would have been atrocious, I've seen 12ga 8 bird shot fired out of a flare pistol before and the recoil made flare pistol go straight up toward the sky, It'd be tough to imagine the experiencing of trying to do 00 buck in that.

some of it was red brass ,which is over 90 % copper alloy mix .letting him run some steel shot through it would have done the world a favor

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top