Washington Seattle Gun, Ammo Tax Revenue Falls Short 4th Consecutive Year

So a city puts a harsh and unfair tax on a business...
Many of these business move to a better location...or many are forced to close due the city's action.

The tax then fails ( again ) to create revenue....
Now I ain't too good at math or economics....but...
I think yer doin' it wrong there Seattle....
Andy

But, but, but... it’s the “progressive” way!! :confused:

Maths Is Hard!
I ain't no Rocket Surgeon, but, a tax that fails to generate revenue should be lifted, obviously it doesn't work as planned!
Sadly, Seattle will double down and raise the taxes more to cover the short fall! It's the old trick, toss enough sh!t at the wall, some is bound to stick!:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Maths Is Hard!
I ain't no Rocket Surgeon, but, a tax that fails to generate revenue should be lifted, obviously it doesn't work as planned!
Sadly, Seattle will double down and raise the taxes more to cover the short fall! It's the old trick, toss enough sh!t at the wall, some is bound to stick!:eek::eek::eek:

You misspelled Rocket Sturgeon.... ;):s0108:

bbbass

Reactions
Maths Is Hard!
Mmmmmmm, I'd agree much more with the thinking that it worked 'zactly they way they wanted it to work!!

bbbass

Reactions
So a city puts a harsh and unfair tax on a business...
Many of these business move to a better location...or many are forced to close due the city's action.

The tax then fails ( again ) to create revenue....
Now I ain't too good at math or economics....but...
I think yer doin' it wrong there Seattle....
Andy
There you go again with those Friedman economics!!! They're Keynesians man!!!

ma96782

Reactions
It's like.............

I-M-SHOCKED-1.jpg

DYK....that under the Democrats....the measure of success for the SNAP Program (aka: Food Stamps) was measured on the amount of the "increase" in payments year over year.

Not sure if that has been corrected under TRUMP. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Last edited:
Reactions
No tax like that in my county of 80,000. How many traditional gun shops are there in my county? Zero. There is a Sheriff's deputy that built an addition onto his home and runs a shop out of his house in his off time. It's open 6:30pm to 8:30pm and is a 30-mile round trip for me. He's also the only FFL in the area.

How many pot shops are there in town? Five. How many stores sell pistol ammo in that same town of 35,000? Zero.

It's tough being a firearms enthusiast out here. I have to drive 50 miles to get a decent selection of ammo at reasonable prices.

Reactions
No tax like that in my county of 80,000. How many traditional gun shops are there in my county? Zero. There is a Sheriff's deputy that built an addition onto his home and runs a shop out of his house in his off time. It's open 6:30pm to 8:30pm and is a 30-mile round trip for me. He's also the only FFL in the area.

How many pot shops are there in town? Five. How many stores sell pistol ammo in that same town of 35,000? Zero.

It's tough being a firearms enthusiast out here. I have to drive 50 miles to get a decent selection of ammo at reasonable prices.
It would seem internet orders and delivery would be your friend.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
    • HA556
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom