JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Imagine that..."Gun Free Saftey Zones" actually make the streets less safe, by allowing criminals to steal a gun from a car.

Not to mention the financial burden of insurance deductibles and police work

Imagine that..."Gun Free Saftey Zones" actually make the streets less safe, by allowing criminals to steal a gun from a car.

No. Irresponsible gun owners leaving guns unsecured in a car. Would these be the same people that leave guns on the top shelf of a closet, rather than in a safe, at their homes?

No. Irresponsible gun owners leaving guns unsecured in a car. Would these be the same people that leave guns on the top shelf of a closet, rather than in a safe, at their homes?

I dont disagree with the sentiment that guns should be secured in your car, however I cant afford a safe and live in an apartment on the upper level where getting a safe would be a burden. Does that make me irresponsible?

Not securing your firearms makes one an irresponsible gun owner...

However, living in or traveling to locales that trample on Constitutional Rights might be the real root of the problem...

If a locale seeks to have less crime, have more stringent punishment for criminals and leave law abiding citizens alone...

Sorry, cranky today cause the Suns been shining in the Windows.... Bah humbug!!!

I traveled unarmed in California a few summers ago where my plans included visiting MLB stadiums and other venues that conduct personal searches at entry. This made me very uneasy since I'm not one of those guys claiming to have a "locked box welded to the frame in my car." And, if I were obeying CA laws (where my CHL in a couple dozen states doesn't apply), my pistol and ammo would have had to travel separately anyway.

At Giants, the security guys looked at the 4 pepper sprays in my party, shrugged and let us all in. At Padres, they held our pocket knives at a desk and returned them after the game. Kept all those innocent fans safe from my thuggish family.

I would not have felt comfy leaving a pistol in my car or hotel room. Intrusive carry laws are hugely inconvenient for the people who obey them, flatly ignored by criminals, and, therefore, far more risky/dangerous than no such law at all.

Last Edited:
I dont disagree with the sentiment that guns should be secured in your car, however I cant afford a safe and live in an apartment on the upper level where getting a safe would be a burden. Does that make me irresponsible?

LONG before I had a real "gun safe" I used some form to try to secure. Everyone who can afford a gun can. One simple free method is not having guns laying there to be taken. When one Son in Law was young I showed him this. Don't leave a gun in the master bedroom dresser. First place smash and grab look. Look around the apartment and think. If I was to run in here and look to steal what is some of the last places I would look. Then securing them. You don't need bank vault. ANYTHING that makes the thief make some noise and or need some "tools" is better than nothing.

I'm not going bag on you because when i first started playing this game I had my firearms in the closet. I then got a $200.00 stack on. And now a real safe, bolted down. I will say, if someone were to break into your place and "Pick up" and leave with your gun(s) You would fall into the category of irresponsible I think. I know if it were me I'd be kicking my OWN arse pretty bad.

I'm not going bag on you because when i first started playing this game I had my firearms in the closet. I then got a $200.00 stack on. And now a real safe, bolted down. I will say, if someone were to break into your place and "Pick up" and leave with your gun(s) You would fall into the category of irresponsible I think. I know if it were me I'd be kicking my OWN arse pretty bad.

See I do plan on getting a safe in the future. But right now its not feasible. I also take other precautions to ensure my guns are secure. but they do sit in my closet for the most part.

See I do plan on getting a safe in the future. But right now its not feasible. I also take other precautions to ensure my guns are secure. but they do sit in my closet for the most part.
The problem is that's the first place someone will look. If nothing else some bike cable and lock. ANYTHING to try to slow them down and or cause them to make noise and take time.

My suggestion would be hand gun vaults for your pistols cabled to something secure and a shotlock for your rifles. Its something that you can always use and then your stuff is secure. Heck you could even cable your pistol vaults to the shotlock.

Thats just my .02 for a simple fix so that you don't have to worry and you have peace of mind when not at home.

Would this not be sweet..
(I hate thieves)..

th?id=OIP.4T-CzWHCOtUlojc_j4vuHAEsDh&pid=15.1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads