JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Also I'm not anti freedom, I fought for ours

Ok if you want to keep going with this line of crap, You can't experience racism unless your race is in the minority, you may have had a negative experience with bias because you were left out, thats a different story. I don't know where you went to grad school but maybe you should've stayed awake and learned something. I didn't get my thoughts and ideas from grad school, mine came via the good old US Army, life, combat, sports and parenthood. Maybe you should ask for your tuition back?

The notion of only being able to experience racism if your skin tone is represented by a minority group of people is some serious leftist dogma to reframe racism, but it's BS. You'll notice that since this leftist dogma has attempted to reframe racism as only something "white people" in our society can exhibit, it's been considerably more used and weaponized to paint any opposition in an unfavorable light, a serious advantage for any "people of color" who can throw out a label that (according to them) can't be applied to them as well. If you've internalized that notion then it's likely your viewpoint is beyond repair because that distorted lens is very blinding.

Anyone in this country can experience racism if they are at the receiving end of outcomes determined by their skin color.

I'll not bore you with my personal experiences, but it would seem you already value my experience which I have yet to expound on in any significant way as much as I value what you have shared.

The difference between our points however is that I am not giving select groups of people a pass for racism/racist behavior based on their skin tone. If that doesn't elicit some thought in regards to the demonstration of racism, we are at an impasse.

I was playing cards with my dad and his best friend a few weeks ago and the subject of dirty cops came up. Dad was in law enforcement for 42 years, including Chief of Police and FBI, and his buddy was a deputy, federal Marshall, and finally a professor of criminal justice.

They said that they were shocked at the level of corruption in police departments on the East coast. They attended dozens of conferences and police functions all over the country over the years and both agreed that police corruption among rank and file officers in metro areas was indeed real and commonplace.

Dad personally fired a police officer for fixing the officer's wife's $15 parking ticket. That officer threatened my dad and his family. He fired another officer for lying in court on a case. He did not tolerate ANY dishonesty in his officers. That officer was hired by the county and eventually became the Sheriff.

So yes, there are bad cops everywhere, and the metro areas are rife with corruption and dishonesty. But in most areas and smaller communities, the cops are the good guys and do a nearly impossible job in an era of rapidly decreasing morality in society.

Oh, and my skin color doesn't define who I am. Nor is it something I use to argue, hate, discriminate or otherwise.

I also appreciate the hard work our LEO's do to keep us safe. Seattle hogtied their department and the city shows it. A complete dump full of crime and drugs. Yeah, defund the police. Great idea. :rolleyes:

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads