JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@duldej have you tried carrying your G26 in a G19 holster? That often helps in regards to printing?

For me personally I have found that smaller guns actually print more than bigger ones. The smallest gun I carry is a G48 and that's more for formal environments.

I have owned both. P365 and Glock 48 mos and Glock 43x. Prefer Glock but it really depends on your personal preference. Agree with the recommendation to try both and choose which shoots better for you.

I am 100% satisfied with my G26, gen5.

I want more of the same, and consider the skinnier G43X a good choice for next great thing.

Are the Sigs an improvement over the G43X? They are popular & pricy. Beyond that I've got nothing.

My G26 has had 3,000 rounds through it with zero jams, and requires minimal maintenance. Will not sacrifice these two qualities in next purchase. Accuracy @ 50 ft is above & beyond but it's got that, too.

The G26 prints a little IWB, and I don't like the fanny pack alternative that much.
On what to buy next, I think you already answered your question.

I have both the 365XL and the G43X.

While I like them both, the SIG comes with its own OEM 15 round mags (I use the 12 rounders in the pistol, the 15 rounders for spares on the belt) and you don't have to spend extra bucks on mag release adapters or the Shield Arms mags.

Plus, the SIG (in MY opinion) comes with a much superior trigger -- no "dingus" -- smooth, positive reset and standard factory night sights (gotta pay extra for night sights on the G43X) which have the quite visible X-Ray big dot front sight. As well, the 365XL -- for me -- is more ergonomic and points well, I don't have to adjust for my natural POA which I do when I bring the Glock up.

The 365XL has become a preferred carry pistol for me when I want -- or need -- to go lighter and smaller, but not sacrifice too much capacity.

comparison.jpg

It is all personal preference. I tried the P365 and it is small and snappy. Very accurate. Some may find it too tiny to grip, but you can buy alternate grips from Wilson Combat and others. The 43X is a favorite but not quite as small as the P365.
The G26 is one that a number of people I know who have it or used it say it is their lease favorite Glock. I tried one and did not like it at all. The S&W Shield is also nice compact and shoots well. To me it has less kick than the P365 but people do not always agree on this. I need to try the Hellcat when I can next to compare. But carry and non-carry usage will dictate which is best for you. I happen to like larger handguns, but the reason for that is I do not carry and they have less recoil. My favorite smaller one is the USPC. Some say it is ugly, but to me it is a tank and a pleasure to shoot. Again, to each his own. Try them all and see which is best for you.

OP,
Try the G26. I bought a G43X from a guy that said he could'nt shoot it, and went back to a G26.
I bought it for my sister, it is her first gun, and she likes it quite well. She has shot many of my guns.
I do not like it, and much prefer my G26.

Joe

Went ahead with the Sig 365. Did not pick it up yet.

I sold the Smith 686 @ cabelas for $425, which I thought was pretty good seeing as I paid $500 for it in 2012.

Sig 365 vs G43x is like..

Beatles vs Elvis
Ford vs Chevy
Coke vs Pepsi
Strat vs Les Paul
BMW vs Mercedes

You get the picture :)

I like the 43x..so that means I like Elvis, Chevy, Coke, Strat and BMW.

Just pick one ;)

The short recoil spring of the G43x makes it very snappy compared to the p365xl.
Thanks for clarifying your opinion. I myself don't have that same opinion. my 365 seems so snappy compared to my 43x like drastically worse.

However, I've been shooting glocks for 15 years and have only owned sigs in the last 5 or 6 years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top