JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If a person is exceeding the posted speed limit, you don't write everyone on the road a ticket. :rolleyes:

But again, that's counter to the agenda.

Boss

Or the 1,000,000+ home invasions that occur a year?

Answer: Counter to the agenda to increase restrictions on the law abiding gun owner.

Anything counter to the agenda is going to be ignored, dismissed, buried.

Boss
Just came back from Olympia committee hearigs and WE ARE bubblegumED. Where are all the gun owners. Nothing but social groups begging to pass more gun control. PATHETIC. WE SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

If any of you were going to testify ask the committee members directly, why am I and all Washington State CPL holders being persecuted for the acts of the criminals & mentally ill. Also tell them that we are not the problem there are already laws against murder with a gun now you're going to write laws that say what gun cannot be used to commit murder. Kind of pointless and stupid if you ask me.:rolleyes:
Just came back from committee hearings in Oly. Made an appointment to see mynrep in two weeks. The receptionist ask if i was coming alone, I said "Yes, unless I can find an army of people to come along". She became triggered and told me never mention firearms....I said I was talking about a grotp of people...not firearms. She wouldnt listen. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to getna red flag restraining order.....unbelievable.

Just came back from committee hearings in Oly. Made an appointment to see mynrep in two weeks. The receptionist ask if i was coming alone, I said "Yes, unless I can find an army of people to come along". She became triggered and told me never mention firearms....I said I was talking about a grotp of people...not firearms. She wouldnt listen. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to getna red flag restraining order.....unbelievable.

These types are fragile & insecure, NEVER joke around them about anything.
Seriously.

Just came back from Olympia committee hearigs and WE ARE bubblegumED. Where are all the gun owners. Nothing but social groups begging to pass more gun control. PATHETIC. WE SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

I get the same excuse all the time, I'm working....
Truthfully, there was not a lot of notice (on purpose I'll bet) for people to schedule a day off. But still....

Got a new shirt today that says it all . MVIMG_20190122_144358.jpg

So will out of state Washington CPL holders then be able to buy long guns in Washington? Is there going to be a stupid waiting period?
They passed the law for 21 and over to buy a Simi auto gun.but if you live in Washington you can go to Oregon or Idaho and buy a Simi auto gun.
It's a joke it's a feel good law that doesn't do anything.except take guns . from law abiding People.just like the 10 day waiting period .
Ok I get it do a background check for some one buying a gun .
And if they have never bought a gun before.
Make them wait.
But why do I have to wait.
I have 25 guns in my safe .
I don't need to buy a new one to commit a crime.

...but if you live in Washington you can go to Oregon or Idaho and buy a Simi auto gun.
I have 25 guns in my safe .

This may not be the case. Remember, any long gun you buy in another State must meet the legal requirements of the FFL's State AND the buyer's State. I already spoke to an OR FFL about this, he said once the law kicks in he will no longer be able to sell semi-auto rifles to WA residents.

Speak in low tones...be polite and professional...'Yes ma'am/sir, No ma'am/sir'...khakis and polos will probably do better than camo. It's not what you think, it's what THEY PERCEIVE In their opinion.

This has just started...there is some traction starting out there folks...but ya gotta keep it going. Visiting/venting here on NWF (especially as we are prevented from reaching the folks in the more main stream areas like the Semi-Auto Rifles discussions:() only goes so far.
We've got pages and pages of discussion(s) here...but only dozens of people involved.

Everyone should be making it their 'mission' if possible to visit their local gun shops, ranges, matches, etc. and help educate/inform. We're talking REGISTRATION and forfeiture...that gets peoples' attention. So does the fall of preemption once they understand what a nightmare that will be. And then you have to tell them to tell their friends.

You gotta reach out, probably with printed copies of the bills, and SHOW people. Tell them what you're going to tell them. Tell them. Tell them what you told them.

Boss

This may not be the case. Remember, any long gun you buy in another State must meet the legal requirements of the FFL's State AND the buyer's State. I already spoke to an OR FFL about this, he said once the law kicks in he will no longer be able to sell semi-auto rifles to WA residents.
Yep but the gun STORES here are doing it even though it's still in the court.

Well the 21 thing went into effect but it's still in the court.
It won't won't help any thing.

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, I'll go on record as saying I think this proposed legislation is unnecessary.

But, it's not the end of the world, we have way bigger fish to fry in WA. The "assault" rifle and "high capacity" magazine ban come to mind. I'm sure there'll be more to follow.

It is a good Jedi mind trick though, keeps us off-balance, distracted and divided.

Without reading through this whole thread - does this impact people that are already CPL holders? If so, does the requirement become necessary immediately? Or does it have to be proven at the next renewal?

Without reading through this whole thread - does this impact people that are already CPL holders? If so, does the requirement become necessary immediately? Or does it have to be proven at the next renewal?

As of now it's just proposed legislation, it must make it through all the usual legislative hurdles to become law. Oh, and gov inslee has to sign it, like that's not gonna happen ;)

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, I'll go on record as saying I think this proposed legislation is unnecessary.

But, it's not the end of the world, we have way bigger fish to fry in WA. The "assault" rifle and "high capacity" magazine ban come to mind. I'm sure there'll be more to follow.

It is a good Jedi mind trick though, keeps us off-balance, distracted and divided.

That's what they want you to think...'oh, this isn't that bad...'

And you're right, of the proposed legislation, its nowhere near as bad as SB5340 (registration/forfeiture) and the fall of preemption.

But its still bad...opening the door for audits, yanking instructor credentials, voiding students CPL's, raising the bar/standards for getting permits, making it difficult to get, further registration, etc etc etc.

I'm all for training, but this slope is ripe for abuse (as they all area) and we know this is just another increment in their long game...

BOSS

BOSS, I hear you.

I've lived long enough to have learned about political focus, in my small arena. As selfish as this sounds, I'm done giving a rat's rear end about what someone else may, or may not, have to deal with politically, in the future. Every time I became more "enlightened" and voted to help the underdog, and they won, those same underdogs came back and screwed me when I needed their help. I'm done with that nonsense.

You are correct concerning what they want me to think, that's the Jedi mind trick I alluded to. I'm not going to sit back in my recliner and suggest to anyone how to win a skirmish in the war ahead. Their strategy hasn't changed much over time, their tactics certainly have. They are on a roll, we are outnumbered and outflanked, we need to be real smart about this.

I hate Jurassic Park re-runs where I play a starring role o_O

I have read some states refused to allow us because there was no "test". So if they do this it may help. Who knows what they will come up with though.

No it will not help anything, except help to turn some currently law abiding firearm owners into criminals, for failing to fulfill these Infringements upon our 2nd Amendment Right. NO more Regulations and Restrictions; these moves will NOT resolve the issue(s) we are faced with. Write all your representatives, the President too! Stopping the nationwide campaign to Infringe upon OUR 2nd Amendment Right, is going too require another big win and decisive wording by the Supreme Court.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top