JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No it will not help anything, except help to turn some currently law abiding firearm owners into criminals, for failing to fulfill these Infringements upon our 2nd Amendment Right. NO more Regulations and Restrictions; these moves will NOT resolve the issue(s) we are faced with. Write all your representatives, the President too! Stopping the nationwide campaign to Infringe upon OUR 2nd Amendment Right, is going too require another big win and decisive wording by the Supreme Court.

If you believe that then work to get the gun owners to stop voting for these new laws. Decisive wording by SCOTUS? Really believe that? Do you see how many gun owners are openly wishing Hilary had won? Really think she would give us the SCOTUS people we need? Writing letters is nice pastime. The people in power only fear one thing, losing. Votes are what will get their attention. If gun owners start voting them out of office then they will hear us. Not before.

If you believe that then work to get the gun owners to stop voting for these new laws. Decisive wording by SCOTUS? Really believe that? Do you see how many gun owners are openly wishing Hilary had won? Really think she would give us the SCOTUS people we need? Writing letters is nice pastime. The people in power only fear one thing, losing. Votes are what will get their attention. If gun owners start voting them out of office then they will hear us. Not before.

There are not any elections coming up anytime soon, to stop what is already in motion. The options on the table, are writing letters, going to rallies, and spreading the word to those who will do the same.

There are not any elections coming up anytime soon, to stop what is already in motion. The options on the table, are writing letters, going to rallies, and spreading the word to those who will do the same.
While writing to them may make some feel better the people you are writing to do not care. What will make a difference, if at all, will be to try to educate more gun owners. You see here and other groups where the ones who admit they vote for the people who gave us these laws make all kinds of excuses for doing it. Unless we can change that nothing will change. The only thing those in power fear is losing their job. If gun owners are going to vote for them every couple years they laugh at the angry letters.

Waiting around for a western WA politician to get sent packing for supporting gun control has a name, it's called Eternity, not gonna happen. The best we can hope for is they collectively jump off a constitutionally-protected cliff and get reeled in a bit.

Furthermore, with every news story where someone, a school or some workplace gets shot up, the ability to form any sort of bridge between gun owners and "moderate" citizens becomes less likely. No one wants to own the bad news, it's basic human nature.

WA is lost IMO.

While writing to them may make some feel better the people you are writing to do not care. What will make a difference, if at all, will be to try to educate more gun owners. You see here and other groups where the ones who admit they vote for the people who gave us these laws make all kinds of excuses for doing it.

To say writing letters is only a feel good thing is incorrect. Saying the people one writes to do not care is false as well. The key to change is communication, however the communication is done, is better than none at all. Voting is another method of communication. Back to letters: The language and content of the written message can make a difference, as can the people you write to. If one only writes anger, hate and demand filled messages, probably of little value. Also with regard to who you write to: why would you only write to those that oppose your views and desires? We also need to write to those in support, share new thoughts, ideas, and express the value and importance of preventing proposed restrictions or approving new benefits to our cause.

I do however agree with educating, sharing with all that partake in the Right to Bear Arms. And one way to do that, is also through writing, (and verbal communication) like we are here as well. Too many were unaware of all the trash buried in I-594 and I-1639, and are unaware of the currently proposed new trash entirely. The people behind these proposals only share the viewpoints that will hit home with many, not the viewpoints that will suppress their Right and Freedom. It's up people like us to spread the Truth, by whatever method(s) available.

Washington State Legislature

Adds a clause to not issue a CPL unless:
"Has not provided evidence of handgun proficiency, in the form and manner required by the Washington state patrol"
I sent an email opposing this...Keep the State Patrol out of politics and that includes our Attorney General who has usurpation of power on his mind. He is looking like a left-wing authoritarian, more and more. He has roots in the Pacific Northwest liberal Jesuitical organizations, which we do not need to support. I was raised Catholic and I disapprove of his views on what is best for our state.

If you don't share it, it is nothing . . . it' similar to assuming you already lost, so you don't vote.

I'm not telling you not to write, do what you will. The debate is the efficacy.

Your truth does not comport to "THEIR TRUTH" though. This is why democratic legislators run around saying "my truth".

You're trying to convince people who have abandoned logic and are operating off emotion rather than facts. The question is whether that is a useful exercise or not.

I'm not telling you not to write, do what you will. The debate is the efficacy.

Your truth does not comport to "THEIR TRUTH" though. This is why democratic legislators run around saying "my truth".

You're trying to convince people who have abandoned logic and are operating off emotion rather than facts. The question is whether that is a useful exercise or not.

I don't want to debate this all day, bottom line: It doesn't matter, if you don't share your knowledge and opinions, then no one know them; they're as good as nothing. In addition, I did not say anywhere, that I write only to those opposed, I actually said quite the opposite. I've even written the President multiple times. Have a Great Safe Day.

So just what pistol are they using to standardize this little requirement?

Little old ladies have a difficult time racking a slide or pulling the trigger on a stiff DOA revolver..

Recoil impacts people differently and many other states with similar "requierments" are just laughable in their execution.
3 shots in 10 seconds, 5 shots in 30..
random distances.. as if a bad guy is going to stand in place as you make your magical wonder shot(s).. its all nonsense and discriminatory as many of those in favor of such requirements/laws cannot complete said requirements themselves.

After skimming through most of this thread I did not see any reference to a couple parts of the proposed law that are pure BS. Requirement to retake training every five years and a clause that the permit will be specific to one handgun. I don't understand why any gun owner thinks that any part of this proposed law is acceptable. The people that are writing this law would prefer to just take all your guns away from you and there is no reason to try and compromise on your rights.

Yup; THAT is how the USA obtained independence from Britain; 'speaking in low tones' and 'being polite and professional' along with 'yes/no sir/ma'am' along with a PC wardrobe. Hate to break the news to you amigo, but once the Second Amendment is trashed the other rights are soon to follow. Once you get down to brass tacks, the only way to secure liberty, in the end, is by FORCE OF ARMS. If you can't stomach same, bail for Canada pronto. 'I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees' - George Washington.
ROFL this is a zapata quote yall keep using

Waiting around for a western WA politician to get sent packing for supporting gun control has a name, it's called Eternity, not gonna happen. The best we can hope for is they collectively jump off a constitutionally-protected cliff and get reeled in a bit.

Furthermore, with every news story where someone, a school or some workplace gets shot up, the ability to form any sort of bridge between gun owners and "moderate" citizens becomes less likely. No one wants to own the bad news, it's basic human nature.

WA is lost IMO.
This is true but one problem is.
The media doesn't report all the times that someone with a gun STOPS a bad guy.
They only report the bad guy stories.

This is true but one problem is.
The media doesn't report all the times that someone with a gun STOPS a bad guy.
They only report the bad guy stories.

Very true EPS.

The only self-defense stories the media likes to report are the ones where the good guy ends up getting killed or seriously injured, or there's collateral damage because the good guy had no training, was unqualified, blah blah. And if they are forced to report on a successful self-defense shooting it's only under the "he got lucky, it could easily have gone the other way", then they spend the remaining 90% of the story telling us all about how it could have gone wrong.

They are a disgraceful bunch in my opinion.

I don't mind taking a course, but F*** the life time waver of our medical privacy! And you can be sure that "turn over your social media passwords" will be added next year.
The medical stuff won't fly.
The social media is a invasion of privacy.
But they are trying to do it in other states as we speak.
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGE.
and .
SHALL NOT COMPLY .

I have a military 201 file that's the better part of 4" thick and it's chalk full of firearms training qualifications.... will that do, Mr. WSP? o_O

Probably not . you will need to give them your money and take a class from someone with less experiance than you.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top