JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me rephrase that, I won't be buying anything off gunbroker as I don't want to pay for something and end up with it stuck in limbo, if a shop has something in stock and they are still open for business that's a different story :cool:

Unless you have a gunsmith book it could cause hassles with customers picking up receivers, if you have to keep them overnight?
Yes, it would get logged into the A&D book. We would run the serial# and get a photocopy of customers ODL/CCW. Customer shows ID when picking up. Then I record the work order in the book. I will do a little more research on it next week.

I'm setting up to do it now. We have a CNC Mill that can engrave much nice than a laser. I will post photos with a few options in the next couple of weeks.

Depending on how busy the shop is it might take overnight.

FWIW I'm not mutilating any upper receivers of my own based on some stupid State law. If they want to come arrest a tax paying business owner and family man, I will live stream the whole thing. And then I will lawyer up and go after everyone involved.
Great idea, however, I suspect the State is One Up in this, they will likely require an "Assigned Range" of numbers to be entered into the States as yet declared database, which is their backdoor Registration they all drool and slobber about! Even if they don't go that far with the SN's they will certainly creat some scheme to make us expensive and difficult to have done, like a tax or fee to process a new SN! Buggers

Yes, it would get logged into the A&D book. We would run the serial# and get a photocopy of customers ODL/CCW. Customer shows ID when picking up. Then I record the work order in the book. I will do a little more research on it next week.
Unfortunately, you will be required to become an FFL and maintain a "Bound Book" as an overnight would be a "Transfer" same as a gunsmith!

@The Heretic posted a link to the bill earlier which i looked at. I read it to say the serial number requine nets wont go into effect prior to 09/2024. Did I read correctly? Any other section or subsection twist that around?
I'm more concerned about the law that all firearms will now need full OSP approval on. With the slow downs we've seen since 114, it could be months to get approval.
Again, taking the ability to buy one away without it appearing blatant to the sheep

Why don't you start a new thread about it? :p
What's wrong with old thread? It appears I was ahead of the times 😁

Here we are again, going through mental gymnastics trying to follow crazy, nonsense, unconstitutional laws, hoping to stay "legal" when their goal is to make us and everything we own illegal. GUYS...WAKE UP! THIS WILL NOT STOP!

Sooner than you think, we will all be criminals regardless of whether we comply or not. They have a plan, and they are pushing it. They clearly do not want the people to have the ability to resist.
I'm glad you get it. I swear half these morons would fight to be at the front of the line if they were told to turn their guns in.

So I guess I'm a little unclear, let's say this bill passes this week will it go into effect immediately? There was a gun I was going to bid on on gun broker today, but now I'm a little unsure if I want to because if I win the auction I'm not sure if I will be able to take possession of it by the time it would arrive at my dealer. What a crap show!
What was the answer to this? I thought the P2P regs weren't going into effect until 2024, even if it is signed into law. I too have a gun on Gun Broker that I'm thinking about buying, but I won't and I will take down a "for sale" gun in the Classifieds that I have if I can't get the one I want.

I'm gunna pass on all this nonsense and just continue doing what I've been doing for the past decade.

#APAC

917672D0-399E-4104-8878-626CB026A28A.jpeg 0A48DFF0-4289-40F1-9408-7E8ECA8A1507.jpeg

What was the answer to this? I thought the P2P regs weren't going into effect until 2024, even if it is signed into law. I too have a gun on Gun Broker that I'm thinking about buying, but I won't and I will take down a "for sale" gun in the Classifieds that I have if I can't get the one I want.
SB 393 doesn't have a delay in permit requirement.

Just finished phone calls to all Republican and Independant Senators and all Republican members of the Joint Ways and Means Committee on Public Safety. SB348 will soon be assigned to that committee.

Remind them that, as written, and with the Emergency Clause, anyone that purchased standard capacity magazines since December 8th last year and with the TRO from the Harney County Circuit Court will instantly become criminals as soon as the bill is signed. Any merchant selling those magazines during that period will also be subject to prosecution. Urge them to remove the emergency clause from 348 and make the 3 day hold and magazine ban effective the same day as the permit system which is 1 July 2024.

Republican Senators
Joint Ways and Means Committee on Public Safety

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews