JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Cali gun control case that went quietly was precisely because the Federal Gun Control Act specifically has this "firearm frame or receiver" as "that part of a firearm which provides housing for the hammer, bolt or breechblock, and firing mechanism, and which is usually threaded at its forward portion to receive the barrel." So it would seem that from the beginning ; the ATF have been wrong about what serialized part is needed and is why the proposed addendum includes the upper receiver.

Edit. Because of that definition, the lawyers for the Cali case dropped it, so that they wouldn't admit that practically no AR15 on the market met the definition of "frame or receiver" and thus would have meant that they were all legal as "unregistered" firearm parts :rolleyes:
And to further compound things, As I posted upthread, all other Semi Autos have the LOWER as the Registered part NOT the Upper, so I think they screwed the pooch when they made the AR the same way, not realizing the work arounds of flip flopping uppers, which the others can do, but the AR is stupid simple, so Yea,.......................

And to further compound things, As I posted upthread, all other Semi Autos have the LOWER as the Registered part NOT the Upper, so I think they screwed the pooch when they made the AR the same way, not realizing the work arounds of flip flopping uppers, which the others can do, but the AR is stupid simple, so Yea,.......................
Well... all the semiautomatic handguns I know of; has the barrel affixed to the frame... so that frame definition is useful. Believe almost all other semiautomatic rifles other than AR patterned MSRs do indeed have a receiver that houses everything defined except for the trigger portions? . Even the AK receiver meets the definition. So it's only the AR15, AR10, AR-18/180 and derivatives that doesn't?

This was why the ATF tried the workaround of the Frame or Receiver Final Rule with the specific callout for the AR types and tried to redefine "Frame or Receiver" so as to not cause issues with the receiver halves.. although the States are trying the other way to get uppers serialized with the lowers :rolleyes:

Well... all the semiautomatic handguns I know of; has the barrel affixed to the frame... so that frame definition is useful. Believe almost all other semiautomatic rifles other than AR patterned MSRs do indeed have a receiver that houses everything defined except for the trigger portions? . Even the AK receiver meets the definition. So it's only the AR15, AR10, AR-18/180 and derivatives that doesn't?

This was why the ATF tried the workaround of the Frame or Receiver Final Rule with the specific callout for the AR types and tried to redefine "Frame or Receiver" so as to not cause issues with the receiver halves.. although the States are trying the other way to get uppers serialized with the lowers :rolleyes:
:s0156:

That's about exactly it. Parents should be informed unless determined by the doctor that it would potentially endanger the child. IOW, "my mom and dad are going to kick me out and disown me if they find out". "No worries, we don't have to tell them."

Doctors discretion.
At the risk of an unproductive threadjack.....

Yeah, that's about the size of it. I know of a case where a 15 y/o girl was hanging out with a 20ish y/o guy. She gets pregnant. Dad wants planned parenthood to preserve "evidence of statutory rape." Do they? Nope, they incinerate the remains of the baby they kill. They told the girl that's what they would do so that she would go through with it.

Throw in divorce, with the legacy of custody and child support disputes and that's the vast majority of cases.

Get the government out of marriage and end the war on drugs and 90% of the lawyers and judges would be in the unemployment line.
I don't have a problem with courts being involved in dissolution of "partnerships" where parental responsibilities to children are involved - but yes, otherwise government should not be involved in marriages insofar as they are simple legal partnerships (with the exception of children).

And yes, the so called "war on drugs" is a farce and a fiasco.

At the risk of an unproductive threadjack.....

Yeah, that's about the size of it. I know of a case where a 15 y/o girl was hanging out with a 20ish y/o guy. She gets pregnant. Dad wants planned parenthood to preserve "evidence of statutory rape." Do they? Nope, they incinerate the remains of the baby they kill. They told the girl that's what they would do so that she would go through with it.
This is simply not true, in fact a bold faced lie if I may say so, no one at planned parenthood did anything to prevent or interfere with evidence of statutory rape.

Some of the Keltec pistol variants may fit in here somewhere.
While not built on AR lowers, the uppers not the lowers, are serialized at the factory as a completed firearm.
Not sure where that fits in the bill.

I thought retroactive laws were considered illegal.
i.e. Banning mags purchased at some arbitrary date in the past, and prosecuting people for doing so.
M114 became law last December, it just hasn't been implemented. Think of it as a workman's comp claim. You get hurt on day one but don't see a dime for six months, but you get paid from when the injury happened. In this case, we've been run over by a clown car and it's going to back over us, just to show that it can.

I thought retroactive laws were considered illegal.
i.e. Banning mags purchased at some arbitrary date in the past, and prosecuting people for doing so.
Who knows what date they are going to use and how they will implement it if the current state hold goes away. One thing is for sure is there was a lot of discussion on how to document you owned magazines over 10 rounds before the Dec 8 date. Some chose to document their mags, some did not and of course that's up to the individual.

We in this forum knew about it but we are only a tiny tiny fraction of Nw gun owners. Hopefully other people got the word if they were interested in preparing proof of ownership of mags prior to the dec 8 date.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top