JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Read a little of HB205 and it sounds really bad for anyone who owns a rifle that has a lower & upper, only one of which is serialized, and any 80% frames/receivers that are not serialized from the factory. That covers a LOT of firearms, especially ARs.
Thats crazy. No upper receivers have s/n's that I've seen. Wouldn't we need to file a form 1 as a maker if we had an s/n applied to the uppers?
This whole exercise is what happens when you let the clowns run the circus

Thats crazy. No upper receivers have s/n's that I've seen. Wouldn't we need to file a form 1 as a maker if we had an s/n applied to the uppers?
This whole exercise is what happens when you let the clowns run the circus

Section 1 - sub section 13 - definition of a receiver

Section 4 and Section 5 - requirements for serial numbers and who may imprint them (manufacturer or FFL - not people without an FFL).

Read a little of HB2005 and it sounds really bad for anyone who owns a rifle that has a lower & upper, only one of which is serialized, and any 80% frames/receivers that are not serialized from the factory. That covers a LOT of firearms, especially ARs.
That was kind of their plan, it's there first step in trying to ban them.

Full on AWB
This is on the docket for next year even if they just run another ballot measure. They want the great wall of gun control on the west coast. This will bring more crime building the self filling proficiency of high taxes and government dependence we see in California, Illinois and New York.

My only hope is that with the ninth not being as liberal as it once was and the current supreme court we get some push back but elements of these laws will always likely be around from waiting periods, permits, etc.

I wouldn't be shocked to also see an amendment to the Oregon construction to take out the right of self defense to make this process easier at a state level.

The main playbook federally seems to be saying magazines are not covered under the Second Amendment as they aren't firearms and that even though there firearms are common use since they are dangerous this allows for the courts use laws in history not directly firearms related. We will need the supreme court to step on this or Oregon, Washington and California will end up with a near complete 2nd Amendment ban as the common use test from heller will fall.

If HB 2005 looks like it will pass, it might be wise to stock up on etc upper receivers in case companies refuse to ship them here.

I hope some affordable engravers with FFL come along to help us out.

Section 1 - sub section 13 - definition of a receiver

Section 4 and Section 5 - requirements for serial numbers and who may imprint them (manufacturer or FFL - not people without an FFL).
"SECTION 4. (1) A person may not knowingly possess, offer for sale, sell or transfer a
firearm unless the firearm has been imprinted with a serial number by a federally licensed
firearm manufacturer, importer or dealer, or a gunsmith with a federal firearms license, in
accordance with federal law."

I believe there are going to be some big opportunities here for FFLs to do some walk in same day engraving work.

Back to the Magazine ban and being an accessory. Would an Ram Rod (Scouring Stick) on a muzzle loader be an accessory even though it's attached to the rifle for loading. Like a magazine for loading.
Or am I over thinking the box?

I hope some affordable engravers with FFL come along to help us out.
I believe there are going to be some big opportunities here for FFLs to do some walk in same day engraving work.
I'm setting up to do it now. We have a CNC Mill that can engrave much nice than a laser. I will post photos with a few options in the next couple of weeks.

Depending on how busy the shop is it might take overnight.

FWIW I'm not mutilating any upper receivers of my own based on some stupid State law. If they want to come arrest a tax paying business owner and family man, I will live stream the whole thing. And then I will lawyer up and go after everyone involved.

Last Edited:
I'm setting up to do it now. We have a CNC Mill that can engrave much nice than a laser. I will post photos with a few options in the next couple of weeks.

Depending on how busy the shop is it might take overnight.

FWIW I'm not mutilating any upper receivers of my own based on some stupid State law. If they want to come arrest a tax paying business owner and family man, I will live stream the whole thing. And then I will lawyer up and go after everyone involved.
Unless you have a gunsmith book it could cause hassles with customers picking up receivers, if you have to keep them overnight?

Here we are again, going through mental gymnastics trying to follow crazy, nonsense, unconstitutional laws, hoping to stay "legal" when their goal is to make us and everything we own illegal. GUYS...WAKE UP! THIS WILL NOT STOP!

Sooner than you think, we will all be criminals regardless of whether we comply or not. They have a plan, and they are pushing it. They clearly do not want the people to have the ability to resist.

Last Edited:
So I guess I'm a little unclear, let's say this bill passes this week will it go into effect immediately? There was a gun I was going to bid on on gun broker today, but now I'm a little unsure if I want to because if I win the auction I'm not sure if I will be able to take possession of it by the time it would arrive at my dealer. What a crap show!

So I guess I'm a little unclear, let's say this bill passes this week will it go into effect immediately? There was a gun I was going to bid on on gun broker today, but now I'm a little unsure if I want to because if I win the auction I'm not sure if I will be able to take possession of it by the time it would arrive at my dealer. What a crap show!
Immediately upon governor Tampon signing.

Ok good to know! I guess my gun buying days are over until 9th circuit or SCOTUS weighs in unless it's a handgun or a rifle that holds less than 10 rounds.
You do you, boo. I'm buying whatever I feel like buying whenever I feel like buying it. You're just one less person I'm competing with at the gun counter

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews