JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's how it works now. Bust you for doing something wrong in your car, and voila, tack on some gun charges.

They might make an example of a few people, just to send a message. There was something similar back when people were pirating music from the internet. Only a handful of people were ever prosecuted, but they threw the book at them.
Yup - until there are outright full on bans, I don't think there will be widespread door kicking. They know they have to ease into it.

Yup - until there are outright full on bans, I don't think there will be widespread door kicking. They know they have to ease into it.
Even then, how many doors have been kicked in on the east coast where they got a very small percentage of people to register their AR? Hint, those people didn't destroy them or sell them out of state.

Even then, how many doors have been kicked in on the east coast where they got a very small percentage of people to register their AR? Hint, those people didn't destroy them or sell them out of state.
Politically it's not easy to spin this whole idea of kicking in people's doors, especially if they are otherwise upstanding citizens. Plus the handful of LEOs I have talked to are not interested in kicking in doors of suburban fathers and think this is all BS. But they would have legal standing to raid your home and that should have everyone's attention.

Politically it's not easy to spin this whole idea of kicking in people's doors, especially if they are otherwise upstanding citizens. Plus the handful of LEOs I have talked to are not interested in kicking in doors of suburban fathers and think this is all BS. But they would have legal standing to raid your home and that should have everyone's attention.
Exactly. My point is that as soon as they start kicking in doors, people are going to start shooting back, which would definitely cause a civil war.

Or OZ or the UK or NZ?

Not much, but it happens here and there, and they know they have low compliance.

But they will ease into it.

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

I believe it is their intent. It is political retaliation and punishment toward the red parts of the state. They have developed an enemies list of delporables and are following dangerous precedence set by California and Washington.
The jackboots are starting to march, whether we comply or not. The real question is, how long will it be before those boots start kicking in doors, too? Time will tell.
Unfortunately, I think this is part of their plan as well. They want to force people so far into a corner that the only reaction left is violence, which tyrants will use to justify more tyranny.

We've been flirting with the edge of the cliff...We are dangerously close to repeating history, because we sure didn't learn from it.
That would require that they actually learned from history about not doing stupid things. But it seems they wanted to take notes from the wrong part of history and think they can make it work. If memory serves, they are coping what Hitler and Nazis did and thinking they can make it work this time, just without killing people so that people think it's ok.

That would require that they actually learned from history about not doing stupid things. But it seems they wanted to take notes from the wrong part of history and think they can make it work. If memory serves, they are coping what Hitler and Nazis did and thinking they can make it work this time, just without killing people so that people think it's ok.
Which will work to a degree; at least without a lot of resistance - if they do it slowly.

Gun ownership, as a percentage of the populace, is decreasing - even though we have a lot of guns per capita. With the propaganda and state laws and gradual infringements, they are working towards the state that OZ, NZ, UK and much of Europe is in. Even if it takes another 50 years.

The have to get that registration of all guns in place first.

Which will work to a degree; at least without a lot of resistance - if they do it slowly.

Gun ownership, as a percentage of the populace, is decreasing - even though we have a lot of guns per capita. With the propaganda and state laws and gradual infringements, they are working towards the state that OZ, NZ, UK and much of Europe is in. Even if it takes another 50 years.

The have to get that registration of all guns in place first.
Yeah, fat chance they'll convince me to do that.

Gun ownership, as a percentage of the populace, is decreasing - even though we have a lot of guns per capita.

Nearly 30 percent of all firearms sold last year went to new gun owners, according to a retailer survey conducted by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). The findings indicate at least 5.4 million people purchased one for the first time in 2021.

Yeah, fat chance they'll convince me to do that.
Oh absolutely they won't get every gun in a registry, but they will probably get the majority. At some point they will say it is enough and then pass a complete (or almost complete) ban. Just look at Oz and Canada and the UK and Europe - NZ is getting there. That is the USA in 20-50 years.

Nearly 30 percent of all firearms sold last year went to new gun owners, according to a retailer survey conducted by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). The findings indicate at least 5.4 million people purchased one for the first time in 2021.
So? *shrug*

The overall population of the USA increased by 3-4M between 2020 and 2023.

Gun owners are still a decreasing minority.

Oh absolutely they won't get every gun in a registry, but they will probably get the majority. At some point they will say it is enough and then pass a complete (or almost complete) ban. Just look at Oz and Canada and the UK and Europe - NZ is getting there. That is the USA in 20-50 years.
Gun rights aren't just a political or legal campaign any more. It is a social campaign. Our people must relearn what the founders of the nation know when they wrote the Bill Of Rights. As a civilization we forgot how we got here, just like children who don't know why the answer in a calculator is always right.

How to address this longer term: Have friends and relatives? Take them out to the range and teach them to shoot. No Dirty Harry hand-cannons, just something easy for them to get success in the first 20 minutes. When they leave the range with a smile on their face they will be more willing to join the mob of callers, emailers and writers to newspapers to defend the 2A.

How many doors have they kicked in with SB941? The answer is none.... It's business as usual.
I've said this before, but I don't think it will start with anybody kicking in doors - at least not on a regular basis (there may be isolated incidents).

But hauling guns in your car and getting stopped by LEOs in unfriendly counties or the OSP, and then being searched because you are on a list? That could happen.
Frogs in a boiling pot. Death by a thousand cuts.

"The summer of love"
Global lockdowns
EUAs
Wokeness
Weaponization of the justice system against political rivals
Fake media
Antifa
BLM
CRT

If anything about the last three or four years has been business as usual, I don't see it.

I've said this before, but I don't think it will start with anybody kicking in doors - at least not on a regular basis (there may be isolated incidents).

But hauling guns in your car and getting stopped by LEOs in unfriendly counties or the OSP, and then being searched because you are on a list? That could happen.
They'll show their hand with their illegal registry, and start collecting taxes - very onerous taxes and fees that they will create specifically to make ownership impossible anyone but the wealthy.

I do think they will make an example of a few people, just like they did make an example of a handful of people who were pirating music from the internet back in the day. 99.9% of the people stealing music didn't get caught, but the ones who did paid dearly.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top