JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So how do the rest of us potential criminals get in on some of this? I mean I'm willing to not shoot anyone for the foreseeable future. heck I'll do them a deal. I won't shoot someone for $750 a month. And if I do I'll give back that months payment. I promise.
Right. And I want back pay for not shooting anyone for the last 65 years. My entire life except the first ten before I owned my first gun. And double pay for four of the months-- those in which I had a gun and merely chased off without shooting four people who were behaving in ways that justified their being shot. (Two would-be home invaders, one would-be rapist of young woman stranger, one accidental interrupting of a robber. Four different states.)

Last Edited:
If these people are high risk for offending and the State has a high risk of expending $81K/year for incarceration, $300/month looks like a cheap experiment. The money is going to be spent one way or another.

If these people are high risk for offending and the State has a high risk of expending $81K/year for incarceration, $300/month looks like a cheap experiment. The money is going to be spent one way or another.
Yeah
God forbid they give it back to the taxpayers:rolleyes:

The billions of dollars that Americans send to Israel, Egypt, and Jordan to "buy" their peace has bipartisan support. Cash for peace on a local or global scale is not new.

There are multiple versions of the book, original ending and American ending.
And I believe a version with less "Nadsat" slanguage.
I didn't know that till today. Read it decades ago, chock full of slang. Looking at 21st century reviews some are put off by that. To me that *made* the novel.

Prediction wise what's stayed with me were designer drugs, "worldcasts" (iirc), sexualization of kids, domestic "peace" through the welfare state (though of course people with nothing to do will do something... with their droogs don't ya know lol), and an elite being completely out of touch with the culture, youth culture in particular.

Will you think less of me if I also say I remember parts of it as funny as hell? Savage satire. Maybe I'll pick it up again, and see it through the eyes of an old man.

I didn't know that till today. Read it decades ago, chock full of slang. Looking at 21st century reviews some are put off by that. To me that *made* the novel.

Prediction wise what's stayed with me were designer drugs, "worldcasts" (iirc), sexualization of kids, domestic "peace" through the welfare state (though of course people with nothing to do will do something... with their droogs don't ya know lol), and an elite being completely out of touch with the culture, youth culture in particular.

Will you think less of me if I also say I remember parts of it as funny as hell? Savage satire. Maybe I'll pick it up again, and see it through the eyes of an old man.
A "starry old veck"?

1) "So will the bad guys buy guns with the money given to them?"
Yup. And ammo (as noted) and dope.

2) "Sheesh, at first glance I thought you wrote "share a fart". LOL"
A fart that isn't shared is wasted.

3) "Clockwork orange predictions for the future are dead on the money."
The Book of Revelation is looking particularly relevant too.

4) "God forbid they give it back to the taxpayers"
Or not extort it in the 1st place.

Hey, look! New reparations under a different name. Let's take money away from law enforcement and give it to criminals. Because, obviously the patriarchy only created laws to oppress the innocent hard working criminals.

While we're at it, let's create another criminal enterprise involving underground black-market prepaid gift cards. And if we use California's same logic, we should pay criminals an additional $200 in gift cards if they don't sell their gift cards on the black market. Yeah! That will work! o_O

I keep saying that the location of the San Andreas Fault it is not coincidence.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top