JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really like DA The Rugers, The cowboy guns are real nice too.

I do like me some square or round Butt between the grips, makes them Smiths look dead sexy. Like any sexy girl, they are a little higher maintenance. Then They have that one little hole in their game I don't much care for.

As for MIM parts, they are cheap to replace if that really bothers you.

DW isn't getting any love, so I'll give them a shout out. Go big or go home lol. CZ USA seems to be interested in keeping the legacy going. I'm ordering a couple of new barrels from them for my Monson Built DW44.

I own and/or have owned them all. My Rugers are the only DA revolvers that regularly get shot.

If your preference is S&W, that's quite okay too. Or Colt or Ford or Chevy.

But before you profess what's absolutely best, try them yourself and don't just believe and re-post what you read on a forum.:D

Because the Mercedes will put you in the poor house with repair bills is why.
I own 6 of them (have owned dozens) ........haven't lost a nickle on one yet and have made 50K on some models. So.....believe what you want. I have 2 Pythons, one I bought new for 700.00 or so and the other I bought used for 1000.00 more recently. Each are worth 3K or more, Try that with a Ruger.

I own 6 of them (have owned dozens) ........haven't lost a nickle on one yet and have made 50K on some models. So.....believe what you want. I have 2 Pythons, one I bought new for 700.00 or so and the other I bought used for 1000.00 more recently. Each are worth 3K or more, Try that with a Ruger.
It well could be that all of the above models (probably the vans)actually come from the same factory over in Oklahoma or whatever. Not convinced whatsoever.

It well could be that all of the above models (probably the vans)actually come from the same factory over in Oklahoma or whatever. Not convinced whatsoever.
I am not interested in "convincing" anyone. My wife's every day car is a R500 made in South Carolina (?) is closing on 200,000 miles, AWD, DOHC variable timing V8 that hits 100 mph any time while passing on a 2 lane road. It is rock solid at 130, o-60 in something like 4 seconds with 5 or 6 people as passengers. Has required nothing but service and brakes. The new car that we are picking up next spring in Stuttgart does 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, is limited to 160 MPH, has 560 HP, AWD, is hand built and may never depreciate because of how special it is. My 5000 lb 300SEL 6.3 was the fastest production sedan for a decade and named one of the 10 best cars of all time by Road and Track. I paid 7,000 for it 10 years ago and has an appraised value of 68,000 today. The only thing I have ever done to it is replace the battery a couple of times. My 1986 190D gets over 40 MPG and has nearly 400,000 trouble free miles on it. It stops and goes around corners faster than any oriental car of it's time and is still great fun to drive. You can't beat quality.

I am not interested in "convincing" anyone. My wife's every day car is a R500 made in South Carolina (?) is closing on 200,000 miles, AWD, DOHC variable timing V8 that hits 100 mph any time while passing on a 2 lane road. It is rock solid at 130, o-60 in something like 4 seconds with 5 or 6 people as passengers. Has required nothing but service and brakes. The new car that we are picking up next spring in Stuttgart does 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, is limited to 160 MPH, has 560 HP, AWD, is hand built and may never depreciate because of how special it is. My 5000 lb 300SEL 6.3 was the fastest production sedan for a decade and named one of the 10 best cars of all time by Road and Track. I paid 7,000 for it 10 years ago and has an appraised value of 68,000 today. The only thing I have ever done to it is replace the battery a couple of times. My 1986 190D gets over 40 MPG and has nearly 400,000 trouble free miles on it. It stops and goes around corners faster than any oriental car of it's time and is still great fun to drive. You can't beat quality.
Let's stick with Colts are crap and don't hold up, kay?
lol

My CLK 430 AMG/SC has almost 300,000 on the clock, has been driven HARD as in track time, and so far has only cost me a $130 water pump, a drive belt, brake rotors and pads, lots of tires, a bent rim, and several windshield wiper blades! Despite the hard use, it is absolutely silent driving down the road, and if I keep my foot out of it, gets 26MPG! You cannot get a Beverian Bummer, Audi, or any thing else 'cept maybe an Alfa Romeo to match that! Havnt had to do any major repairs to my Alfa ether, and the parts, rare as they are, are easier to find and cheaper then most Asian cars, and most 'Muricans cars too!

The Ruger to me is the same as a Glock is when it comes to choices , I find they just don't fit right.
I don't mind the Ruger but a SW is weighted right for me, same as the Glock, too boxy. Not knocking in
Ruger just don't like how they fit. I also have big hands and the SW fits perfect.

I always heard if you wanted a hunting revolver that will handle +P loads and stout reloads you get a Ruger.

And I would rather have a Timex than a Rolex because I will use it. And I enjoy my Rugers.

Also had a 6" Dan Wesson that was a fine .357 , to me anyways. That's one I regret selling.

You are illustrating false economy. I bought my Rolex in 1980 for around 750.00 I have worn it nearly every day since, (38 years) no batteries, serviced and cleaned once, used it underwater in my marine salvage busisness and today is worth 5,000 or so. In 38 years the batteries for a timex could cost that and still be worth nothing. We bought a gold, diamond face one for my wife 10 years ago,again it gets worn most days and has increased in value by 4X. Guns are the same. Quality will always rise to the top while common will always be.......well, common. If your great grandfather had spent a little more in 1900 and bought a Colt instead of an Iver Johnson (not a bad gun) it would be a valueable cherished heirloom instead of languishing in a drawer with a broken mainspring. That is just the way things have always been.

My father's Ruger Blackhawk lasted him his lifetime. And now that Ahole that stole it from him, after he developed dementia, has a nice Revolver.

I still have his Ruger Standard going strong for two generations now. And his 6mm.

Enjoy your Iver you inherited :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA