JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off, blackout rear sights have been a "thing" for well over 30 years.

In quite a few of the competition classes, you won't find anything on their rear sights...and those folks are looking for any edge they can over their competition. If 3 dots and other art work on the rear sight was all that, they'd be using it.

A lot of the rear sights that I find that have anything on them are a distraction. If you're spending time aligning the dots and other things on the rear sight and not focusing on the threat at hand, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage from the start.

The people that can draw and hit their target at under 1 second are not looking at their rear sight. They are looking through it to the front sight...and the focus is on the threat. The front sight is superimposed on the threat. Once the front sight covers the intended target, the shot is taken.

Most shooters only use the rear sight as a reference and nothing more. They use many rounds of training to get their draw correct, in that the gun will present to the target level and plumb, and the only concern is getting a look at the front sight on the target, and the only conscience decision is when to actuate the trigger.

Ultimate Carry revolvers are designed for 15 feet and closer. Which means up close and personal type situations, not precision or longer range shots.
This is a fantastic bit of statement right here! I wish more of these new gun owners out there would get themselves better educated before purchasing a firearm for self defense!

TRAIN to fight, fight to LIVE!

First off, blackout rear sights have been a "thing" for well over 30 years.

In quite a few of the competition classes, you won't find anything on their rear sights...and those folks are looking for any edge they can over their competition. If 3 dots and other art work on the rear sight was all that, they'd be using it.

A lot of the rear sights that I find that have anything on them are a distraction. If you're spending time aligning the dots and other things on the rear sight and not focusing on the threat at hand, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage from the start.

The people that can draw and hit their target at under 1 second are not looking at their rear sight. They are looking through it to the front sight...and the focus is on the threat. The front sight is superimposed on the threat. Once the front sight covers the intended target, the shot is taken.

Most shooters only use the rear sight as a reference and nothing more. They use many rounds of training to get their draw correct, in that the gun will present to the target level and plumb, and the only concern is getting a look at the front sight on the target, and the only conscience decision is when to actuate the trigger.

Ultimate Carry revolvers are designed for 15 feet and closer. Which means up close and personal type situations, not precision or longer range shots.
If "most shooters" don't use rear sights other than as a reference, why do they exist at all? If all it takes is practicing your draw until you get your nice presentation, why not just remove them entirely?

Last Edited:
I finally was able to scratch and claw one of them away from their clutches.

A 432, which means 32 Magnum caliber.

We are now making 32 in both Wadcutter and XTP loads. Once Darryl Bolke and company are finished with their testing it'll be available to the public.

In dry firing, the trigger isn't bad, but like all my other 'Smiths...off comes the side plate for some finish work.

View attachment 1869207
I remember that you were involved making ammo. What is the company again? Hard for me to find 32.

I remember that you were involved making ammo. What is the company again? Hard for me to find 32.
High Desert Cartridge Company

highdesertcartridge.com

32 is available, but not on the website yet.

We make 98gr Wadcutters - 45.00 50 rounds

85gr XTP - 50.00 50 rounds

IMG_20240418_150517.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR