JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I purchased the SW 617 today at about 11 AM from Keith's in Gresham. I was lucky to find the 6" model. Now I have to change out the front sight to a fiber optic. Anyone have a fiber optic on their 22 revolver? Any better than the other? Thx. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dawson makes good ones. Two heights available, but rear sight won't depress far enough for the shorter choice. I found this out…

I like my .22 caliber Smiths. They do cost a bit. I picked up a 4" Ruger LCRX that I like. Light. Carries and shoots nice.
As for a new Smith, I probably wouldn't buy one for the price they are asking. I compared a new 617 and a new Charter Arms convertible. 22 side by side. For the price, the fit and finish on the Charter won out. This was a couple of years back, so things may have improved.

I've been a Diamondback fan since I bought this as a kid around 1985 (okay, I saved for several years and gave my Dad the $235 to buy it used from an old gentleman).

IMG_0433.jpeg IMG_0434.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR