JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Just so you understand all the news you get, here is Senator Rand Paul telling you what it is.

Quotes from Senator Paul:

"If you can't agree to that [what disinformation is--e.g. the Steele dossier], how are we ever going to come to an agreement on what [disinformation is] so that you can police it on social media?"

"I think you've got no idea what disinformation is."

"Do you know who the greatest propagator of disinformation in the history of the world is? The U.S. government."

Sounds like a formality to me. Maybe Russia will send more troops into the meat grinder or maybe they won't. Either way Russia made a big mistake that will haunt them for years to come. Cold war is back baby!

May 9th is an important symbolic day for Russian citizens and their military. It is tied to thier victory over the Germans in WWll and their views on patriotism. They have a large military parade yearly on this day in Moscow and it would be keeping in tradition that a major announcement regarding the military would be made at this time.

It seems like the conflict in Ukraine is morphing into a proxy war between Russia and NATO, perhaps not at the moment, but it certainly feels close to it... it seems clear that many of Ukraine's successful attacks, including on the Moskva and Russian command posts were due in part to intelligence from the USA, Britain, etc...
Personally, I am I favor of this level of support for Ukraine.I just think that Russia's decision to invade is going to have ramifications for a changed world for decades. I don't see this ending quickly and something like cyberattacks on both sides economy or infrastructure continuing.

May 9th is an important symbolic day for Russian citizens and their military. It is tied to thier victory over the Germans in WWll and their views on patriotism. They have a large military parade yearly on this day in Moscow and it would be keeping in tradition that a major announcement regarding the military would be made at this time.
Right. It is a big deal in propping up the ethno-nationalism that Putin wants the Russian population to embrace. Which is ironic in the sense that Russian leaders are embracing an ethno-nationalistic Russification motif which is sorta Nazi-like, under the rubric of fighting Nazis.

Right. It is a big deal in propping up the ethno-nationalism that Putin wants the Russian population to embrace. Which is ironic in the sense that Russian leaders are embracing an ethno-nationalistic Russification motif which is sorta Nazi-like, under the rubric of fighting Nazis.
Yep More than a few parallels there. Russians using the excuse of protecting native Russians living in another country to grab land. Just like Hitler did in taking the Sudetenland from Czechoslovakia in order to "protect" the ethnic Germans living there. I'm sure that irony is utterly lost on Putin.

Yep More than a few parallels there. Russians using the excuse of protecting native Russians living in another country to grab land. Just like Hitler did in taking the Sudetenland from Czechoslovakia in order to "protect" the ethnic Germans living there. I'm sure that irony is utterly lost on Putin.
If IIRC, the USA has done this a few times too?

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top