JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
What's the critical thing or process that is being obscured by this sleight of hand?

Whilst everyone is "team Ukraine" is anyone suspicious of $33 billion dollars in one swoop going to Ukraine?
We're literally in the middle of printing free money for ourselves, who's going to pay for all these "feelz goodz"?

More importantly..... I'm sure you'll agree that there stands to be a whole bunch of rich people who'll skim off the top of these weapons deals. They don't need to worry about oversight as everyone is clamoring to cheer on Ukraine. Perfect cover, even better than the grifting that happened during other conflicts we became involved in

Whilst everyone is "team Ukraine" is anyone suspicious of $33 billion dollars in one swoop going to Ukraine?
We're literally in the middle of printing free money for ourselves, who's going to pay for all these "feelz goodz"?

More importantly..... I'm sure you'll agree that there stands to be a whole bunch of rich people who'll skim off the top of these weapons deals. They don't need to worry about oversight as everyone is clamoring to cheer on Ukraine. Perfect cover, even better than the grifting that happened during other conflicts we became involved in
Whilst I abhor the waste that is inherent in anything military, I can look back to 1939 and see the cost of not getting involved. I believe the European countries are looking at the same thing and thinking if they can stop Russia in Ukraine then they won't be fighting them on their own doorstep.

Whilst I abhor the waste that is inherent in anything military, I can look back to 1939 and see the cost of not getting involved. I believe the European countries are looking at the same thing and thinking if they can stop Russia in Ukraine then they won't be fighting them on their own doorstep.
That is more or less how I feel about it - despite how many times I have said we shouldn't be the policeman of the world (police generally don't hand you a gun and say "here, defend yourself" - which is what we are doing with Ukraine).

And this time (unlike Vietnam and some other scrapes we decided to stick out nose into), there are differences:

1) We didn't start it - despite what others (including the Pope) think; any aid/support/etc. we gave/give to countries bordering Russia, that does not justify what Russia did and is doing. And yes

2) For the most part, our military is not "boots on the ground" in Ukraine (I would not be surprised if the CIA is there) - and lets hope it stays that way. Our giving them aid greatly decreases the chance that Putin won't decide to do what Hitler did, and expand his invasion to other countries. The longer/more the Russian military is bogged down in Ukraine, the less motivation they have to move on to other countries.

The problem I have with the "this is just like 1939" argument is that it's become something like the hammer from the aphorism, "When your only tool is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail." Not everything is WW2 again. To illustrate, "This is just like 1939" is, incidentally, also the exact argument Putin makes as well to justify his actions, only placing himself on the anti-Nazi side.

Aloha, Mark

PS......BUT, But, but......for the History Buffs.

I don't think this article is technically correct. I don't know much about it but my understanding is that for T-72 and other Russian auto loading tanks the ammo is stored in a carousel under the turret, not in the turret. The effect of blowing off the turret is correct though.

Unlike in the Abrams where ammo is separated from the crew by an armored door (ammo in the bustle). If ammo is hit the explosion blows out the top of the bustle. I've heard there are doors on the bottom also for ammo blast on the Abrams. My understanding is that Russian tanks don't have armor seperation between crew in the turret and the ammo. They also don't have the doors on the bottom so exploding ammo blast has somewhere to go.

I am surprised that they are saying ammo is stored in the turret. Maybe someone can correct me but I'm pretty sure it's stored in the hull in a carousel under the turret.
Standard Russian tactics is to carry a couple ready rounds in the turret, Incase the auto loader jambs or can't get the correct shell as the commander orders! Also, Russian tank ammo is not a self contained round, they have a separate power charge and shell that get loaded and rammed when selected! There is no armor inside the barbette, anything that gets through the turret can set off not only the ready rounds, but the powder charges in the ammo carousel! That carousel isn't really under a floor, mostly beneath the commander and loader/gunner, kinda open with Zero protection!

1) If you read to the end it is a Daily Beast article which explains the title
2) I'll reserve my opinion on Pope Francis out of respect for Catholics on the forum

Pretty good explanation!
Agree, that explanation makes sense to me. Good view of the reactive armor at the 5:26 mark. Goes back a ways on the side then stops. So many of the videos show hits from rpgs etc in the rear quarter side of the hull. They are aiming for the right spots!

_nc_ohc=q4kAfHTyEZUAX-TgVz-&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

2) For the most part, our military is not "boots on the ground" in Ukraine (I would not be surprised if the CIA is there) - and lets hope it stays that way. Our giving them aid greatly decreases the chance that Putin won't can decide to do what Hitler did, and expand his invasion to other countries. The longer/more the Russian military is bogged down in Ukraine, the less motivation capacity they have to move on to other countries.
FIFY

Status

Upcoming Events

Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top