JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The bar just keeps getting lower and lower. Eventually it will hit the ground and anything goes.
As civil disobedience increases it is going to influence potentially 'borderline' law breakers (and younger as well) into doing things such as this.

They may not see it as necessarily illegal at the time but pretty soon they branch out into 'simple' crimes and then it spirals out of control.

Ever been to any European countries and had to deal with the thieving little brats on Vespas and other motorcycles?

Difference being here in the U.S. the chance of a homeowner eventually shooting one is a certainty.

Did he "shoot them"as you stated? No he pointed a gun at them. BIG difference. If it was the railroad security guy it would have been warranted and expected imo.

Its like evil begets evil. and stupid is, is stupid does etc.

Competing visions of firearms use. One says never point a gun at something you dont want to destroy.

The other side says point a gun at a nuisance you want to go away through fear and intimidation.

Advocates of the first view are horrified at the the second view. Doesnt mean the second view doesnt work.

As civil disobedience increases it is going to influence potentially 'borderline' law breakers (and younger as well) into doing things such as this.

They may not see it as necessarily illegal at the time but pretty soon they branch out into 'simple' crimes and then it spirals out of control.

Ever been to any European countries and had to deal with the thieving little brats on Vespas and other motorcycles?

Difference being here in the U.S. the chance of a homeowner eventually shooting one is a certainty.
100% agreed. And this is what kinda makes me lean heavily towards the arm everyone philosophy.

Its funny how you ALWAYS meet the NICEST people at the gun ranges or gravel pits where every single person is armed. "Just you know.. Sort of funny"-Dr. Strangelove.
People usually get all sorts of polite when they know guns are around.

Last Edited:
I'm taking 3 big steps back, AK Kitsap.
This societal implosion stuff is real. Hope you're a little ways out of town, because this kind of thing is probably going on in cities daily.
Easiest way to be able to implement martial law because people have forgotten how to be civil, resolve issues, respecting others viewpoints, willing to try on the other person's shoes and leaving ego out of the situation

..I don't want a pickle.
Yeah you do..

Pickle-Rick-Pringles.jpg d3a420e1-7a81-40e0-b4a5-11c189b2d857-pickle-rick-dvd-collection-1158192-1280x0.jpg

I think if these guys continue these "rides" it's only a matter of time until they hit upon a resident/other person who is mentally off at that moment such as from forgetting their meds, something bad in their life recently, etc. and they will react violently.

Something bad will happen whether with a knife, rock, baseball bat, wire accross the alley, whatever. If they keep provoking ppl into a reaction they will eventually get a reaction. That's where this is headed eventually imo. The riders need to have some common sense, and some respect for others wouldn't hurt either.

A little consideration and respect can go a long way in preventing unfortunate incidents. This being said threatening someone with a deadly weapon can only be justified ( in my mind) to reduce or eliminate a threat. I do not take deadly force lightly I've seen it..it's
Permanent...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads