JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I took part in a motorcycle event that weaves through Portlands alleys. Some people may have heard of it.
In theory its 100% legal as the alleys are public right of ways. Just the usual legalities apply, speed limits, sort signs, registered vehicles etc. But that is on the individual.

I can get that the hum drum of motorcycles going through the alley is potentially a pain in the butt (bare in mind that 90% of people were out there with the kids waving and having a great time as it's a pretty entertaining spectacle)

But In one alley, a man came out from his house onto public property and pointed a handgun at riders heads as they went past. Handgun raised and pointed in one hand, rifle (maybe a .308 or 30-30) in the other. He positioned himself so people had to go around/near him, some riders being only a few feet away, most going about 5-10mph because there was some congestion. Basically sitting ducks. We were quite obviously motorcycle enthusiasts, quite obviously not menacing nor threatening. There was no political slant at all, we could not have been mistaken for Vegan ISIS or anyone out to cause trouble/damage.

I'm 100% for your/my right to keep arms, I have multiple handguns and rifles. However, this guy is seriously problematic. If some motorcycles riding through an alley that happens to be behind your property is enough for you to snap and go out and threaten dozens of people at point blank then I personally don't think you are fit to keep weapons.

What are your thoughts? I feel like no ones really snitched on him, we all just wanted to get on our way and leave him in the rearview but I do worry about people having future entanglements with this gentleman.

In a nut-shell, I think much of the populace are slipping into mass psychosis.

Seems everyone is looking for a reason to get angry. Almost as if it's a pecking order, like when your daddy beats you and you go to school and be a bully.

People feel so beat up, they're taking it out on others first excuse they have.

97SCFYe.png

The guy who pointed a gun at the bikers passing him on a public alley was way out of line. And guilty of the crime of 'menacing.' At least here in Oregon.

I don.t blame him I place it on the riders. I have been riding 40 + years and you kind of riders make us all look bad.

Not a single thing anyone did justified this.

Not a single damned thing. Don't even try and justify this guys behaviour by blaming it on people riding motorcycles.

Taking a gun out into a public space, and aiming it at peoples heads is so bubbleguming far down the list of rational responses for this is boggles my mind you would even consider this.

Last Edited:
So I took part in a motorcycle event that weaves through Portlands alleys. Some people may have heard of it.
In theory its 100% legal as the alleys are public right of ways. Just the usual legalities apply, speed limits, sort signs, registered vehicles etc. But that is on the individual.

What are your thoughts? I feel like no ones really snitched on him, we all just wanted to get on our way and leave him in the rearview but I do worry about people having future entanglements with this gentleman.
My thoughts: if you feel like nobody has snitched why haven't you? If you feel/ think that he is a danger to others in the future then report the incident and let the cops handle it. The time it took you to make a thread about it should have been spent doing something about it dont ya think?

Personally, while it is his right, I do not think his actions benefit the 2A cause... Kind of like when gun owners wear body armor, a battle helmet and pack an ar15 into a Subway sandwich store or a local public meeting to discuss the rates for residential water bills in order to "showcase" their constitutional right to carry.
That type of action may play well to an audience of firearm enthusiasts, but it alienates many voters... Does not exactly make them feel safer to see that in the neighborhood... That is the type of activity that creates voters for Biden.

Last Edited:
My thoughts: if you feel like nobody has snitched why haven't you? If you feel/ think that he is a danger to others in the future then report the incident and let the cops handle it. The time it took you to make a thread about it should have been spent doing something about it dont ya think?

I agree, part of the problem however is that after hours of criss crossing neighbourhoods that I don't know, I have no idea where this happened and it would be a waste of the laws time.

Somebody wokeup in a pi__y mood....
Whats wrong with him having an opinion and asking others theirs? Seems no different then 80% of the threads on this forum.

Don't even try and justify this guys behaviour by blaming it on people riding motorcycles.
You mean riding illegally right? The whole lets go ride illegally and have a fun time annoying people and video it to catch peoples reactions and show off isnt a good look either.
Taking a gun out into a public space, and aiming it at peoples heads is so bubbleguming far down the list of rational responses for this is boggles my mind you would even consider this.
Yes the guy was in the wrong completely but so were you if that is what your so called group was doing, is this why you haven't reported it?

Personally, while it is his right, I do not think his actions benefit the 2A cause... Kind of like when gun owners wears body armor, a batlle helmet and packs an ar15 into a Subway sandwich store or a local public meeting to discuss the rates for residential water bills in order to "showcase" their constitutional right to carry.
That type of action may play well to an audience of firearm enthusiasts, but it alienates many voters... Does not exactly make them feel safer to see that in the neighborhood... That is the type of activity that creates voters for Biden.

You don't have a right to point guns at other people. That's assault, and is also a great way to get shot, because anyone who carries, whole engaged in legal activity would be well within their right of self defense to shoot someone pointing a gun at them.

That being said, people doing motor cycle races through alleys that are not designed for motorcycle races, I could see where some people would find that aggravating. Not everyone is that stable to begin with anyway, especially now after a year of statist lies and lockdowns.

I have opinions on idiots pointing guns at people when they shouldn't.

I also have opinions on large quantities of idiots on motorcycles doing questionable stuff.

Both aren't the greatest.

For the record, (and I'm horrified people that think doing questionable things on a motorcycle is worthy of potentially being shot over), no one in my group was riding on sidewalks, cycle paths etc.

that particular video posted above would be an extreme example of riders misbehaving.

but the point stands ... you're not the sheriff, or a judge. Definitely not an executioner. If you see something you don't like, call the law. Don't put people in a position where you could kill them for making loud braaap noises.

Brandishing a weapon with the intention to intimidate is a no go. I'm a gun owner.
Group rides Hoonin' thru alleys and neighborhoods is also a bit dooshy. I also ride. What's the point of disturbing people?

Somebody wokeup in a pi__y mood....
Whats wrong with him having an opinion and asking others theirs? Seems no different then 80% of the threads on this forum.
No, like every day, I woke up in an adult mood. Having an opinion is fine and dandy but if ya complain about something and still havnt done anything about it, expect some negative feedback. Pretty sure someone had it on camera so giving the video to the police/ sheriff would go a long ways to figuring out where it happened and who the guy was.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top