JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you watch the video? There was maybe 40-50? They were going fast/racing/draggin' they were on sidewalks, railroad property, burnouts.

I used to do this kinda stuff with my 80's honda 50 when i was a kid in my own backyard because i lived in the woods but not out like that. That just retarded.

Ya i probably would want to wave a gun around as well. Sometimes i think people should get more used to having guns pulled on them (if you deserve it) Its a legit way for people to say "F off im warning you"and shouldn't be regarded as crazy. Its just common sense animals do jt all the time. Its a defensive posture for idiots less in tune to good judgement. Just take note that hes seriously had it and then comply or do whatever you will. Its your choice after that. Cops can do it and its not a crime. I dont think there much Cops should be able to do we as citizens cant without undue bias.
"Bubblegum" is getting out of control though. We need more checks and balances. I see this as a legitimate use.

Peoples heads are so far up their asses these days they can almost see daylight again.
Hey, it's a $10 fine (minimum) to point a weapon at someone not for self defense, isn't that consequence enough? </sarcasm>

Easiest way to be able to implement martial law because people have forgotten how to be civil, resolve issues, respecting others viewpoints, willing to try on the other person's shoes and leaving ego out of the situation
I counter with OR the police and prosecutors not doing thier jobs and pressing the "commoners" into do it for themselves.

Man ona side note, my buddy just came by and showed me a video he took with his two kids getting their hair cut and the cops raided in guns drawn and tackled a guy in the waiting area with by standers everywhere. I saw the officers rifle laid on the floor within feet of the perp who was on the floor in process of being handcuffed. Apparently the guy broke some glass display case at Fred Meyer and went down the road. All accounts were he wasnt harassing anyone at the hair cutters or causing any nuisance. Maybe that latter part about the glass is wrong who knows. But sounds like the cops totally handled it wrong. This was yesterday down in Tacoma lakewood area.

My point being.. Im not so sure how much i trust the cops anymore to know whats right and do the right thing and use moderation and all that.
Theres DEFINITELY. A time and place for them but his 3 and 5 year olds def. Arent aren't of the boys in blue anymore.

To me cops are an absolute LAST option, only to be though about if im pretty much alrwady dead. That and basic car accidents.

This is a core part of the problem we have going on here. And its also compounded by umpteen other causes and effects.
Generally 70% or better just try and live and let live.

But yeah i get PISSED when i live in so. Fed way off i5 and i can hear cars revving up all the way down in tacoma etc over 5 miles away. Which was on the news not too long ago.
Have more respect. People wont have to wave guns at you. Cops or otherwise.

I could see a use for a few Enforcer Motion-Activated Sprinklers in the alleys. :s0062:

makitrain.jpg

As a carry person whether open or concealed, I woule personally have a very hard time not having to hire a lawyer after eliminating that threat. I do NOT tolerate ANYONE pointing a gun at me unles I placed it in their hand after I disarmed it, and even then, I would not be happy with it.

I counter with OR the police and prosecutors not doing thier jobs and pressing the "commoners" into do it for themselves.

Man ona side note, my buddy just came by and showed me a video he took with his two kids getting their hair cut and the cops raided in guns drawn and tackled a guy in the waiting area with by standers everywhere. I saw the officers rifle laid on the floor within feet of the perp who was on the floor in process of being handcuffed. Apparently the guy broke some glass display case at Fred Meyer and went down the road. All accounts were he wasnt harassing anyone at the hair cutters or causing any nuisance. Maybe that latter part about the glass is wrong who knows. But sounds like the cops totally handled it wrong. This was yesterday down in Tacoma lakewood area.

My point being.. Im not so sure how much i trust the cops anymore to know whats right and do the right thing and use moderation and all that.
Theres DEFINITELY. A time and place for them but his 3 and 5 year olds def. Arent aren't of the boys in blue anymore.

To me cops are an absolute LAST option, only to be though about if im pretty much alrwady dead. That and basic car accidents.

This is a core part of the problem we have going on here. And its also compounded by umpteen other causes and effects.
Generally 70% or better just try and live and let live.

But yeah i get PISSED when i live in so. Fed way off i5 and i can hear cars revving up all the way down in tacoma etc over 5 miles away. Which was on the news not too long ago.
Have more respect. People wont have to wave guns at you. Cops or otherwise.
LEOs have a difficult job, and honestly they aren't well trained most of the time.

It's a very safe job, statistically safer than any tradesman job, so I dunno how much slack we should cut them (that's up to their constituents) but better training and staffing definitely.

Motorcycles are annoying AF and I'd be pissed too but not gonna be threatening anyone with a firearm for sure. Especially not folks on a public road/alleyway. Legitimately on my property then sure, but not in this case. Actually looked like fun. Control your emotions...don't let emotions control you.

I didn't read all 9 pages so maybe so already posted this, but I'm surprised no kids were injured/killed. Maybe it's because kids don't play outside anymore and just stare at their phones.

All I saw in the video was a bunch of attention whores.

In a nut-shell, I think much of the populace are slipping into mass psychosis.

Seems everyone is looking for a reason to get angry. Almost as if it's a pecking order, like when your daddy beats you and you go to school and be a bully.

People feel so beat up, they're taking it out on others first excuse they have.

View attachment 858916

Hello,

I did not read the entire thread yet but I do believe that you HIT THE NAIL on the head here!

Take care.

Cate
PS: Is it my imagination or do some posts and threads seem more strange than others ALL OVER the WWWeb in the last year?!

Meaning the crazies, violent and irresponsible people have something in their drinking water for sure!

NOT only on gun boards but ALL OVER the freaking internet. Throw in the crazy news and dips there. The inmates are running the asylum! The rest of the population have decided to JOIN the inmates!

I have opinions on idiots pointing guns at people when they shouldn't.

I also have opinions on large quantities of idiots on motorcycles doing questionable stuff.

Both aren't the greatest.

THIS!

Thank you.

Cate

Brandishing a weapon with the intention to intimidate is a no go. I'm a gun owner.
Group rides Hoonin' thru alleys and neighborhoods is also a bit dooshy. I also ride. What's the point of disturbing people?

THIS!

Thank you.

Cate

@Catherine , I think the entire internet seems to have gone crazy because all the standard news such as NY times have become so slanted and non objective that most of their stories are dishonest garbage. Not just some. Such as those on guns. I quit my NYT subscription. I kept the WaPo subscription, but believe little in it. I'm having to go to YouTube videos and podcasts to figure out what's going on. Dave Rubin, Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying, Peter Zeihan, Victor Davis Hanson , Ben Shapiro.

Otherwise things are going well. There's plenty wrong with the nation and the world. But there has been my whole life. For the first 30 years of it, a nuclear war seemed inevitable. And we came very close more than once. Now that seems much less likely. Thats probably more important than covid or the rest of the bubblegum. I'm of good cheer. There's one particular problem with the nation and world that I work hard to improve. It suits my background, interests and talents. The rest I can't do anything about. But I don't worry about it. There are lots of smart reasonable inventive people in the world. I don't have to do everything.

So looking at it, these riders are committing the same level of crime as the guy with the guns. That is to say they are all criminal activities and neither are felonies.

I would wager as one of these riders you believe you are on public property but are not.

More that a third by my count of the "right of ways" on the video in this post are private and not public, many more are bike paths for pedestrians and bicycles, making it a crime to ride a motorcycle on them.

Now myself I wouldn't brandish a weapon at a bunch of morons on motorcycles, I would make sure my cameras with the license plate recognition grabs each one, look them up online and send each one in a neat little care package to the police, along with a cease and desist and notice of trespass to each jackass who ripped up my property 😀

THIS!

But I still think that the man POINTING the gun will be in deep dung. He should not have done that.

Period!

MOST STATES call it brandishing a gun.

Was he ON his OWN property defending his house, land or in fear of his life? Maybe he was in FEAR of his life or thought that some rider would throw something dangerous on his property or start a FIRE as we have seen in the news. He should have called the police NOT that the police would really HELP him as we have seen on the news.

Meanwhile the RIDERS will not have jack squat done to them. Heck, most people who TRESPASS, DESTROY OTHER PEOPLE'S PRIVATE and PUBLIC PROPERTY PAID with tax dollar money, and do all other kinds of NASTY stuff GET OFF SCOT FREE.

That IS what is happening even when GOOD people in MANY STATES (Rural or city!) who do NOT brandish a gun at other people put up PRIVATE PROPERTY - NO TRESPASSING SIGNS.

I think that the riders were donkeys and should have taken another ROUTE like most NORMAL bikers do and NOT gone though alleys and CUT ACROSS PUBLIC/PRIVATE GRASS and paths too.

Cate

About riding the dirt bikes through alleys. Some or even all of those alleys are probably private property. Kids probably often play in them. The front yards are very public, and subject to all kinds of city rules. The back yards are private, full of gardens, fruit trees, swings for the kids, barbecue grills. Private space, shared by neighbors. Private property, though no sign was posted. Just like the inside of your house is private, even if you don't lock the door.

Part of why riding in a big group like that is exciting and enjoyable is the group is too large for anyone to confront or object. Instead of having to hug the edge of the street like a single biker, they take over the whole lane, the whole street. Its an act of dominance. And running down alleys, taking over those alleys is an act of dominance. Its just like walking into someone's house without invitation, sitting on their sofa, turning on their TV. The minor law breaking such as running down sidewalks for short distances underscores the fact that the group feels it is so powerful it can't be restrained and need not follow the law. If it was one biker on the sidewalk, someone would probably have repremanded him.

How would I have felt if I were in my back yard? I'd probably have grinned and waved. We all like to spread our wings sometimes. Assert ourselves. Deliberately display more dominance than we usually have. Feel the power of being a band of brothers in a small way. Rebel a little. i would relate. As a rebellion it was pretty harmless, as rebellions go. Way less damaging than trying to burn down a federal building. Basically joyous and exuberant.

If they had gone back and forth in the alley instead of just through once, it would have been very different. Or if they had driven onto or through even one lawn. But they didn't.

I'm reminded A bit of flash mobs that proceed to perform a piece of classical music. Or do an Irish dance. Its illegal because there's no permit laboriously applied for. The fact that its slightly illegal adds to the joy. I remember going to a library to give a gardening talk, and I brought along my guitar and started by singing about seeds and gardening, some lyrics I'd made up to go to popular tunes. I handed out sheets with lyrics so everyone could sing. And they did. I remember a little girl sitting with her parents in the second row, a strange expression on her face. Were we going to get away with this? In the library? And there was a grin on her face because we were. And an expression of wonder because her parents were rebelling too!

Last Edited:
Hello,

I did not read the entire thread yet but I do believe that you HIT THE NAIL on the head here!

Take care.

Cate
PS: Is it my imagination or do some posts and threads seem more strange than others ALL OVER the WWWeb in the last year?!

Meaning the crazies, violent and irresponsible people have something in their drinking water for sure!

NOT only on gun boards but ALL OVER the freaking internet. Throw in the crazy news and dips there. The inmates are running the asylum! The rest of the population have decided to JOIN the inmates!
Like i said a few pages ago, the bar keeps going lower and lower. Armed citizens raises that bar again just so long as it doesn't retro into full wild west which can also fairly easily happen.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top