JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I must be the only one here who thinks the guy pointing the gun at the idiots on the motorcycles was an appropriate means of warning them to go back to their own alleys. And yeah, I would absolutely have thrown down tire spikes.

I must be the only one here who thinks the guy pointing the gun at the idiots on the motorcycles was an appropriate means of warning them to go back to their own alleys. And yeah, I would absolutely have thrown down tire spikes.
Nope, im your huckleberry! I think this would have been a excellent case for a nice higher power lazer to initiate the warning but id def have a backup. Maybe even a ace or two up my sleeve for the whole group to enjoy such as you stated.

People just dont understand its WAY to easy to have bad luck find you if your making bad luck.
Its best just to be neighborly or keep your head down.
"We dont take kindly, to People who dont take kindly!" ;)

You NEVER know when youll meet the guy who will flick on his tesla coil, kill all the comms and then go to work methodically if given half the chance. Best not to try and find out.

Wow......

This whole thread is a giant Santa Claus sized never ending bag of Richards. So sad the OP didn't get the response he was obviously seeking. But to accuse members of approving the gun owners action is beyond the pale.

1. Don't point guns at people unless they are a deadly threat.

2. I have worked 50yrs to finally retire to a quiet neighborhood. I'm not 20 anymore and I no longer blast my stereo or run my beast w/o a muffler. I'm losing my eyesight, my hearing (and getting noise sensitive), my balance, my humor, my sanity, I don't sleep well, I hurt all over, and I'm deprived of social interaction/connection. STAY OFF MY FRICKEN LAWN!!!!!

Seriously, it looks as tho these riders that intentionally pizz residents off once a year either need a permit for their ride, or they need to be dealt with by other means (to be clear, not pointing guns... but I do understand the level of aggravation. Keep it up and see what happens)

Last Edited:
2. I have worked 50yrs to finally retire to a quiet neighborhood. I'm not 20 anymore and I no longer blast my stereo or run my beast w/o a muffler. I'm losing my eyesight, my hearing (and getting noise sensitive), my balance, my humor, my sanity, I don't sleep well, and I hurt all over. STAY OFF MY FRICKEN LAWN!!!!!
Respect your elders! Especially when they are pointing a gun at you! ;p
Seriously though they helped build dang near everything around us (or maintained it) and probably worked FAR harder and in much more unsafe conditions than modern times. And for that i thank you! Dont make them regret it. Some dont have much to loose.

Respect your elders! Especially when they are pointing a gun at you! ;p
Seriously though they helped build dang near everything around us (or maintained it) and probably worked FAR harder and in much more unsafe conditions than modern times. Dont make them regret it. Some dont have much to loose.

I appreciate your attitude/gratitude to elders! Many younger people have no idea what others have been thru in their lives, what they have contributed, nor do they care. I was a USCG Search and Rescue Aircrewman that risked my life for others every day... now I'm just a decrepit old dude. Old people are not worthless!!!

However, it's not only elders.... this ride is an aggravation and slap in the face to residents of ALL ages. Not only do the riders have no consideration of anybody but themselves, but it is obvious that they take a 7yr olds glee in annoying others and acting out. It's immature and juvenile. And i can say that with authority cuz I'm an old dude!!! LOL

I showed this thread to my husband.

He said that the RR police would be after those riders BIG time.

Small or large security force - different RR companies have different sizes for their security/police, they do not take kindly having ANY person or group on their RR private property.

Right of way, etc.

BN is FAR MORE AGGRESSIVE just like the UP is when it comes to trespassers even with general trespassers. He knows more about the west coast and here (MT) but back east - the other BIG RR and smaller companies don't mess around with trespassers too!

In the OLD DAYS, the YARD BULLS aka RR security/police would beat the crapola out of the bums and trespassers too. They might give a warning but they did not put up with salami!

Some of the bums and trespassers and not just general transients were known to harass FEMALE RR office workers and there were worries about rapes.

They found raped and murdered people out here around tracks in and out of cities and in VERY RURAL areas too and NOT just in the rest of the country too. Some of the female workers were SCARED and the 24/7 hours that they worked did not help matters when more stories came out.

Plus the BUMS and trespassers started FIRES and destroyed property. Yes, now some of them are even called TRANSIENT and 'homeless' and they still CAUSE BIG ISSUES. If and when they are caught - most of these BUMS - CRIMINAL TRESPASSERS have a long criminal history and not just in the PNW including MT but ALL ACROSS THIS NATION!

They had some ding dongs AND home grown 'terrorists' (MY words when it comes to the T word here.) try to DERAIL trains and do all kinds of other nasty STUFF RIGHT ON THE MAIN TRACKS in and out of this college town. Inside city limits and in RURAL AREAS.

They had GANGS that smuggled drugs RIDE THE RAILS between cities just like old BUMS used to ride box cars ILLEGALLY. Those gangs were/are BIG in the PNW. A LOT of that got nipped in the bud when it came to them RIDING THE BOX CARS according to my husband.

My husband told me that if any trespasser does x, y and z that the RR Company, the RR police/security will notify the local police AND if it involves interstate commerce, etc. - IT is a BIG federal offense too.

Cate

Last Edited:
I showed this thread to my husband.

He said that the RR police would be after those riders BIG time.

Small or large security force - different RR companies have different sizes for their security/police, they do not take kindly having ANY person or group on their RR private property.

Right of way, etc.

BN is FAR MORE AGGRESSIVE just like the UP is when it comes to trespassers even with general trespassers. He knows more about the west coast and here (MT) but back east - the other BIG RR and smaller companies don't mess around with trespassers too!

In the OLD DAYS, the YARD BULLS aka RR security/police would beat the crapola out of the bums and trespassers too. They might give a warning but they did not put up with salami!

Some of the bums and trespassers and not just general transients were known to harass FEMALE RR office workers and there were worries about rapes.

They found raped and murdered people out here around tracks in and out of cities and in VERY RURAL areas too and NOT just in the rest of the country too. Some of the female workers were SCARED and the 24/7 hours that they worked did not help matters when more stories came out.

Plus the BUMS and trespassers started FIRES and destroyed property. Yes, now some of them are even called TRANSIENT and 'homeless' and they still CAUSE BIG ISSUES. If and when they are caught - most of these BUMS - CRIMINAL TRESPASSERS have a long criminal history and not just in the PNW including MT but ALL ACROSS THIS NATION!

They had some ding dongs AND home grown 'terrorists' (MY words when it comes to the T word here.) try to DERAIL trains and do all kinds of other nasty STUFF RIGHT ON THE MAIN TRACKS in and out of this college town. Inside city limits and in RURAL AREAS.

They had GANGS that smuggled drugs RIDE THE RAILS between cities just like old BUMS used to ride box cars ILLEGALLY. Those gangs were/are BIG in the PNW. A LOT of that got nipped in the bud when it came to them RIDING THE BOX CARS according to my husband.

My husband told me that if any trespasser does x, y and z that the RR Company, the RR police/security will notify the local police AND if it involves interstate commerce, etc. - IT is a BIG federal offense too.

Cate
Yeah i can only imagine the RR is thrilled to take part in the annual Portland 20. I find it quite amusing a few of the posts here keep saying over and over "it was PUBLIC property" get real your not fooling anyone. They dont have a clue!

Heres a novel idea, maybe someone should have nutted up and talked to him and asked him why? Keeping distance of course and hands visible.
Maybe he was just robbed? Life is strange, you cant predict this stuff. Ya never know, Only one way to find out.

I appreciate your attitude/gratitude to elders! Many younger people have no idea what others have been thru in their lives, what they have contributed, nor do they care. I was a USCG Search and Rescue Aircrewman that risked my life for others every day... now I'm just a decrepit old dude. Old people are not worthless!!!

However, it's not only elders.... this ride is an aggravation and slap in the face to residents of ALL ages. Not only do the riders have no consideration of anybody but themselves, but it is obvious that they take a 7yr olds glee in annoying others and acting out. It's immature and juvenile. And i can say that with authority cuz I'm an old dude!!! LOL
Heck no they aren't useless, some of the best wealths of knowledge out there. Some things NEVER change like human nature. Theres many lessons they will always have to offer. Things you can only gain with time.

Did you watch the video? There was maybe 40-50? They were going fast/racing/draggin' they were on sidewalks, railroad property, burnouts.

I used to do this kinda stuff with my 80's honda 50 when i was a kid in my own backyard because i lived in the woods but not out like that. That just retarded.

Ya i probably would want to wave a gun around as well. Sometimes i think people should get more used to having guns pulled on them (if you deserve it) Its a legit way for people to say "F off im warning you"and shouldn't be regarded as crazy. Its just common sense animals do jt all the time. Its a defensive posture for idiots less in tune to good judgement. Just take note that hes seriously had it and then comply or do whatever you will. Its your choice after that. Cops can do it and its not a crime. I dont think there much Cops should be able to do we as citizens cant without undue bias.
"Bubblegum" is getting out of control though. We need more checks and balances. I see this as a legitimate use.

Peoples heads are so far up their asses these days they can almost see daylight again.

I watched this for a second time. R-E-A-L S-L-O-W. there wasn't 50 bikes. With repeated stops and rewinds the most I got was, maybe, 20. I guess there could have been another 30 out there that never got shown on the vid, but YOU didn't see it. They weren't racing, or drag racing. Unless you call, maybe, 20 mph racing/dragging. And I saw one burn-out. But there could have been a whole bunch more I suppose that didn't get on vid.

I figure a bunch of you guys must live in some mighty fine neighborhoods. Where no one plays thumping bass with music that comes right through the wall into the shower even, or has insanely loud rice burners that offend the eardrums doing "drifts" in the intersections. Or have to see homeless anywhere within miles of your homes. I'd be happy to have a dozen of these rides a year going PAST my home if we could rid the this city of the lousy leadership and crazy progressives.

And I'll tell you, I'm not often ashamed of attitudes on this web site, but making ANY excuse that it was okay for old "Elmer Fudd" on this video to come out and point a gun at 20 some-odd guys riding PAST his his property on muffled trail bikes is effing pathetic. But go ahead and do exactly that next time somebody "Annoys" you. It might help OUR community when they take people's firearms away and prevent them form owning guns in the future. I know it would make me feel safer.

And your last last sentence? Absolutely true!

I don't blame him I place it on the riders. I have been riding 40 + years and you kind of riders make us all look bad.
I was going to razz you until I watched and bento4140 is full pf crap and lying his bubblegum off, there were guys doing 40-50 mph and when they got to grassy spots they were spinning their tires and tearing them up. It might just be an ally but it is peoples property too, There are lots of places where you can go to ride and tear stuff up without doing it to private property. Granted the man didn't have the right to pull his gun on you BUT you don't have the right to tear his and others property up either, and when you are going to Make up a story and Lie your bubblegum off about it Don't film it and put it on U-Tube. ""Stupid Is As Stupid Does""

I watched this for a second time. R-E-A-L S-L-O-W. there wasn't 50 bikes. With repeated stops and rewinds the most I got was, maybe, 20. I guess there could have been another 30 out there that never got shown on the vid, but YOU didn't see it. They weren't racing, or drag racing. Unless you call, maybe, 20 mph racing/dragging. And I saw one burn-out. But there could have been a whole bunch more I suppose that didn't get on vid.

I figure a bunch of you guys must live in some mighty fine neighborhoods. Where no one plays thumping bass with music that comes right through the wall into the shower even, or has insanely loud rice burners that offend the eardrums doing "drifts" in the intersections. Or have to see homeless anywhere within miles of your homes. I'd be happy to have a dozen of these rides a year going PAST my home if we could rid the this city of the lousy leadership and crazy progressives.

And I'll tell you, I'm not often ashamed of attitudes on this web site, but making ANY excuse that it was okay for old "Elmer Fudd" on this video to come out and point a gun at 20 some-odd guys riding PAST his his property on muffled trail bikes is effing pathetic. But go ahead and do exactly that next time somebody "Annoys" you. It might help OUR community when they take people's firearms away and prevent them form owning guns in the future. I know it would make me feel safer.

And your last last sentence? Absolutely true!
OP said that video wasn't of their group, indicating multiple groups in multiple locations. Criminal activity could vary from group to group. It's a good call to not post your criminal activities online so it makes sense OP would say that wasn't his group.

I was going to razz you until I watched and bento4140 is full pf crap and lying his bubblegum off, there were guys doing 40-50 mph and when they got to grassy spots they were spinning their tires and tearing them up. It might just be an ally but it is peoples property too, There are lots of places where you can go to ride and tear stuff up without doing it to private property. Granted the man didn't have the right to pull his gun on you BUT you don't have the right to tear his and others property up either, and when you are going to Make up a story and Lie your bubblegum off about it Don't film it and put it on U-Tube. ""Stupid Is As Stupid Does""
Oh yes, these riders broke many laws including criminal trespass, it is plain as day from the video.

I wonder how long this had been going on before the old guy made it outside wit his guns. Doesn't look like a fast mover. Were these bikes doing laps around this neighborhood?

OP said that video wasn't of their group, indicating multiple groups in multiple locations. Criminal activity could vary from group to group. It's a good call to not post your criminal activities online so it makes sense OP would say that wasn't his group.

Well okay, I was speaking only toward what I saw on the presented video. I guess other members here should post up the videos of all the heinous crimes that were committed in this latest ride? So we know what were dealing with. I'd still maintain that riding a muffled bike, at appropriate speeds through alleys is not illegal. At what number of riders does it become illegal?

Still appalled that members of this community think it's okay to point guns at people passing their property.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top