JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You said in another post that lax tactics of the past lead to officer deaths. Won't argue that, but how many citizens have been killed with these agressive tactics.

I'm too lazy to do the research, but I'm thinkin way more officers have been killed by perps acting out or crazy or under the influence than there has been citizens killed merely by over aggressive tactics. Sorry, but with the exception of one or two dumbazz shoots by LEOs, the ones I have looked at were IMO all justified.

and shoot you if you act like an idiot or bubblegum with a

Again, I have no sympathy for azzhats acting like idiot or bubblegumming with a weapon. It goes back to the "play stupid games, get stupid prizes" theory. 99.9% of the time if a citizen or criminal is not belligerent or combative, they don't get hurt.

We pay Law Enforcement to do the work we ask them to do... they should be able to do it as safely as possible... that is what those tactics are all about... they are not borne out of a wish to F over citizens. Anybody that says otherwise either does not know what they are talking about, has a hard on for cops, or is a conspiracy nut!!!

Again, I have no sympathy for azzhats acting like idiot or bubblegumming with a weapon. It goes back to the "play stupid games, get stupid prizes" theory. 99.9% of the time if a citizen or criminal is not belligerent or combative, they don't get hurt.

I mostly agree, out in public I want those idiots corralled no matter the cost, because if they are waving a weapon around in public they are obviosly nuts or stupid and are in the act of comitting a crime. Most of these stories IDGAF or after research agree with the cops side. My issue is people getting killed on their own property who have not committed a serious crime. Especially the red flag laws. Innocent until proven guilty is a corner stone of the US society. If a man can't get forget-his-own name drunk and run around with his glock out on his own Damn property then what are we paying property taxes for! ;)

I mostly agree, out in public I want those idiots corralled no matter the cost, because if they are waving a weapon around in public they are obviosly nuts or stupid and are in the act of comitting a crime. Most of these stories IDGAF or after research agree with the cops side. My issue is people getting killed on their own property who have not committed a serious crime. Especially the red flag laws. Innocent until proven guilty is a corner stone of the US society. If a man can't get forget-his-own name drunk and run around with his glock out on his own Damn property then what are we paying property taxes for! ;)
If I can't pee in my yard and carry a gun holstered or not in my own yard then we have lost our freedom to life , liberty, and the pursuit of happiness !

My issue is people getting killed on their own property who have not committed a serious crime. Especially the red flag laws. Innocent until proven guilty is a corner stone of the US society. If a man can't get forget-his-own name drunk and run around with his glock out on his own Damn property then what are we paying property taxes for! ;)

Out in the sticks a man can get drunk and run around armed on his property as much as he pleases, as long as he:
1. Is not in Alaska... they have strict laws against using alcohol and guns at the same time, in any location.
2. Is not firing towards roads or houses.
3. Is not acting out towards his neighbors.
4. Is not being belligerent while handling a gun towards popo if a someone calls and they come to see what's up... you be nice, and follow lawful commands, and you will be just fine. It's when someone gets stupid that there are problems. Property laws and rights don't trump law enforcement... if they did, courts would be harder on popo shoots. (Liberal judges don't like cops!)
5. Is not in NY, NJ, CT, etc.

I lived in Bend OR on a 10acre property just north of the airport. Many nights one of the neighbors would come out and shoot a big rifle around. I guess he was just chasing deer away but there were lots of houses around. Scared the crap out of me when I could tell the muzzle was pointed towards my camp trailer. I never called LE on him but I could have. Lots of laws being broken by him. Instead I went outside and unloaded two full mags of 20rd ea... knocked that schit down for quite awhile. Why didn't I go to his house and confront him... I'm not dumb, he was armed and willing to shoot around houses/people!!!

Yep, I'm against the red flag deal that doesn't give a man his day in court before taking action. That said, some recent mass shootings could have and should have been prevented if legal action was taken and either the mentally ill f'er or the firearms were removed. I'm thinking of that lil Newtown schit, and the Parkland FL shootings in particular.

If I can't pee in my yard and carry a gun holstered or not in my own yard then we have lost our freedom to life , liberty, and the pursuit of happiness !

See the above.

Yup, I pee in my own yard all the time. I just don't do it where I'd be waving my "gun" where the neighbors get all bothered.

Last Edited:
I too am pro-LEO, but facts are, having a conversation with a cop is one the most dangerous things you can do, these days.

Well, that depends. Like I said, I worked with cops for 40yrs. I still shoot IDPA with cops. I'm nice to them and they are nice to me. I even got stopped recently and everything was very polite.

But in none of those conversations with cops am I admitting to illegal actions, talking about armed insurrection, talking about my deepest fantasies, being belligerent or any other kind of hot-headed talk.

They don't come to my house, because I give them no reason to. If for some reason they did, I'd not be answering the door with a gun in my hand, nor going out in the yard waving a firearm around and telling the cops to get the F out! I'm not that stupid even when I'm drunk.

What kind of conversations do you have with the cops?

They would probably need a telescope to see a "snub Nose .22"... :D

:D:D:D

233748.jpg

I too am pro-LEO, but facts are, having a conversation with a cop is one the most dangerous things you can do, these days.

I talk to cops all the time. Still alive.

A few months ago, the sticky tape on one of my window alarm sensors failed right before I got home and I missed the call from the alarm company. Well I was outside doing yard work when the deputy showed up (on foot, he parked down the road and walked up). He asked me if I was a burglar, I said no, I live here. I was polite and calm and ended up BSing with him for like 15 minutes. The crazy thing is, he didn't shoot me or nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

On the rare occasion I get pulled over, I keep my hands on the steering wheel until instructed otherwise, I make slow and deliberate motions, and again, remain calm and polite. Haven't been shot there either. Wierd:s0092:

A few months ago, the sticky tape on one of my window alarm sensors failed right before I got home and I missed the call from the alarm company. Well I was outside doing yard work when the deputy showed up (on foot, he parked down the road and walked up). He asked me if I was a burglar, I said no, I live here. I was polite and calm and ended up BSing with him for like 15 minutes. The crazy thing is, he didn't shoot me or nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

He snuck up on you, and then tried to trick you into admitting something illegal... :eek:

having a conversation with a cop is one the most dangerous things you can do, these days.

1. If you get called in for an "official, on-the-record, interview.
2. Any conversation with Mueller team.
3. FBI, unless you are Hillary, or a Parkland juvenile in which case you will be ignored until it's too late.
3. If it's after you've discharged your firearm in self-defense.

bbbass...all funnies aside, if you worked with cops for forty years, you would know that there are people carrying a badge and gun who should never have been given that authority. Mental makeup, authority complex, poor judgement. Most big forces have them. I'm saying, when you must interact with a LEO, who doesn't know you, who has the authority of life and death over you, by accident, or on purpose, you should be on your best behavior. Human cops are falable. If you doubt this, research unfounded fatalities by cop.

bbbass...all funnies aside, if you worked with cops for forty years, you would know that there are people carrying a badge and gun who should never have been given that authority. Mental makeup, authority complex, poor judgement. Most big forces have them. I'm saying, when you must interact with a LEO, who doesn't know you, who has the authority of life and death over you, by accident, or on purpose, you should be on your best behavior. Human cops are falable. If you doubt this, research unfounded fatalities by cop.

"if you worked with cops for forty years, you would know that there are people carrying a badge and gun who should never have been given that authority."

So what are you saying? That sometime in my 40yrs of work I must have seen something bad? At work? Or been around a bad cop? At work? WTF? I live in a lovely rural town of about 12k. Why does there have to be bad cops?

Where do you live? Do you have bad cops where you live?

Never said there weren't people that shouldn't have a badge. I'm sure there are, somewhere. Just said I don't have them here. Never said all cops are good cops either. Why would I know in my forty years at work any bad cops if I never was around any. Didn't I say that? Also said to be on best behavior, same as you did. But I certainly didn't mean it's because of bad cops!!!!! Paranoia much????

Not sure what you mean by unfounded fatalities by cop. Most of the ones that I have read about and followed, or seen on tv, are well justified. I can only think of four nationally that weren't, and those cops have been penalized, but there is a bunch of BS out there from people that either have an ax to grind, stand to make a buck, are BLM activists, are shystser lawyers, or are conspiracy kooks.

If there are so many unjustified fatalities by cop, liberal judges would be crucifying them left and right. Yet it's really a pretty rare thing... despite claims to the contrary.

An internet search using the words "unfounded fatalities by cop" returned an endless litany of useless statistics about the total number of people killed by cops, regardless of criminal or innocent, statements that we shoot more people here in the U.S., and other such garbage by cop hating or liberal fools. Nobody wants a cop until you need one.

Yah, I realize there are vids of cops being mean. That must prove that departmental facism is paramount and ubiquitous.

Since this thread has been mostly about cop bashing... I leave ya to it... I got better things to do.

bb out

:rolleyes: It seems that many internet and media "experts" agree....

- crooks must be really good guys, because they are frequently found in the company of the police. Heck, you will often see the cops giving them free rides, and tours of the police station or courthouse!

- police must be bad guys, because they are frequently found in the presence of crooks, often in the worst part of town. It's even common for the cops to loan them jewelry, like bracelets and chains and stuff. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:

As opposed to what? There are around one million comissioned police officers nationwide. Each works, on average, 174 hours a month. Thats 2,028,000,000 hours of policing every year. There are roughly 900 to 1100 people killed by police per year. Thats one death per 1,843,636 hours of policing.

We pay Law Enforcement to do the work we ask them to do... they should be able to do it as safely as possible... that is what those tactics are all about... they are not borne out of a wish to F over citizens. Anybody that says otherwise either does not know what they are talking about, has a hard on for cops, or is a conspiracy nut!!!

Umm, you probably haven't been to WA, NJ or MD lately.................
You know most of us gun owners are not paying them to come and steal our guns without due process..................
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/12/gun_confiscation_begins_in_new_jersey.html
Seattle Police Officer On How 'Red Flag Laws' Have Helped Prevent Gun Violence
WBUR said:
It does have the caveat of what's called an ex parte court order, which is an emergency court order, an injunction if you will, that we go to a court and say, 'Hey, we think this is an immediate likelihood here.

and keep them without our permission........................
WBUR said:
"But prior to the ERPOs coming into effect, if that individual stayed in the hospital for say a couple, three days, maybe a day, and then the following week called us up and said, 'I'd like my firearm back,' legally, we had no standing to deny that return of a firearm."

Or try to convince our family to file a petition to steal our guns...................
WBUR said:
On two occasions, we tried to coach the family to go through it and petition for it.
[snip]
"It's created a very tenuous family dynamic within those units, and the feedback that we've gotten thus far from those family members is they didn't want to have their name on the paperwork … We're OK with that in the big picture. We're OK with playing the heavy, if you will, in that situation, so that they can have that family structure in place.

or try to stop us from buying a gun, even though no laws were broken....................
'Extreme Risk': Seattle police have seized 43 guns from people deemed to be a danger under year-old law
ST said:
Most cases involve people who own a gun or who have expressed an intent to purchase a firearm, but can even cover someone who might try to obtain a gun without overtly expressing an interest
[snip]
As of late this month, Pisconski's unit had assessed 52 incidents and sought 28 ERPO orders, including 18 since Jan. 1, most with an emphasis on noncriminal conduct.
[snip]
So far, it is police who have sought the orders in Seattle.

or kick down our door to steal our guns...................
How Seattle is using ERPO laws to remove guns from at-risk people
MyNorthwest said:
"We attempted multiple times to get the individual to fulfill that order of turning over their firearms," Pisconski said. "And he refused multiple times. We were forced, at that point, to take the next step in the ERPO law which is petitioning for a search warrant to go in and enter their home and remove the firearms from them."

or to kill us while trying to steal our guns...........................
Maryland officers serving "red flag" gun removal order fatally shoot armed man - CBS News

If they engage in any of the activities above, then they deserve zero safety, as they are definitely out to "F over citizens".

This hasn't happened to me personally, so I have to take the news reports at face value, so it's a possibility that I don't know "what I am talking about".
As for having "a hard on for cops", there are quite a few hot female cops out there (I'm not talking about @No_Regerts wearing only his body armor:eek: :s0140:).
There are too many officers out there that are more than happy to confiscate someones firearms, so it's not really "a conspiracy" (see above and below).
Vet says troopers asked to take his guns without a warrant. He didn't let them

Ray

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews