JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This makes my blood boil. Completly unjustified as far as I can tell! Similar to the poor old man they shot last month. I am getting sick of these.

Attorney: Snipers killed WA man

If you haven't read enemies foreign and domestic, this is similar to the tactics the criminal law enforcement agents used.

Edit:
Some alternatives stories posted below. My initial reaction was pretty emotional. Read the whole thread for the entire story.

Last Edited:
This makes me sick....All from just a report of...... someone answering their door with a gun at midnight......a call from anyone at midnight.....a gun should be 100% justified....:(

I pray for the family

Another case for electronic surveillance and recording. Also, never, ever open your rural door at midnight. Even so, sounds close to premeditated murder on the sheriff's department's part

So did he see the deputy and then point the gun at him knowing that he was a deputy and keep it pointed at him? Were there words exchanged? I would think that although it was midnight, most LEO's might think it would be reasonable to answer the door armed, especially in a rural area. Once identity is determined then the weapon could be holstered or set aside. Something gave them reason to come back in force though. Whether it was justified or not will eventually come out.

I'm leaning towards not. If a shoot/arrest was justifiable, wouldn't an attempt have been made on the same night??

I'm leaning towards not. If a shoot/arrest was justifiable, wouldn't an attempt have been made on the same night??
The deputy who made the welfare was apparently alone. Staying there and escalting things while alone and possibly out of radio contact and late at night wouldn't be a good thing to do. He probably left for a reason.

If there is No Hostage situation or immediate threat to a LEO there is absolutely No reason for a Sniper to take out a person who has a warrant out for them , especially if it was because he answered the door in the middle of the Night armed.
He didn't shoot at anyone, he was on his own property , and this is another case Of Murder By COP and as a former LEO this disgusts me. I hope she wins the Lawsuit and People of that County should be raising Hell at the Sheriff for this. You are not Being Protected by this Sheriff if he allows this behavior from his Deputies.

Since the county won't release the details we're all left to speculate. On the surface this looks like a dirty shoot. I'm embarrassed for Idaho right now.

I have some inside knowledge of this case due to my membership in the BCSO VSAR and know some of the deputies on scene that night. I'm not talking about specific details I know, because I'm not sure where this investigation is at, but the version of events I heard, make this seem like a justified shoot.

I guess time will tell. Of course, the deputies were "officially" cleared in the Jack Yantis case even though they lost the civil suit and the court of public opinion.

I can tell you that the BCSO is extremely professional and I would say as an agency, is among the staunchest supporters of the CRKBA in the country.

Nowhere has it been reported that the suspect was armed when he ran out the back door to escape. If he was unarmed I don't see justification. Was he verbally Commanded to stop before being shot and given a chance to surrender ? Did a SWAT Commander authorize the use of deadly force or did the "Sniper" act on his own ? Did the man have a record of Violence towards Police in the past ?These are questions that need to be answered and I bet the Lawyer will be asking them.

So many questions... likely will never be answered.

Someday people will learn to stop calling the police for things that they could handle themselves. Doesnt matter if you are in the inner city or the middle of nowhere. Unless there is a crime involved, DO NOT CALL POLICE. Period. Cant stress that enough.

Was it a clean shoot? Maybe.
Was he a bad guy or did a series of misunderstandings create the situation that made him the bad guy?

Dirty shoot?
How will we ever know the who/what/when and how?
Did anyone attempt to make contact with him? Or how wife who called in the welfare check?
Does this guy get a knock on the door in the middle of the night and then next thing his house is surrounded by a swat team in APCs?

Dashcams? Bodycams? Anything?

Moral of the story is this... Unless there is a crime in progress or report a crime that took place earlier... DO NOT CALL POLICE

Also, look thru the peephole or crack the blinds to see who is at the door... if its cops, holster the weapon. Period. I dont care how understanding and cool they may be... you dont know them, they dont know you.... doing a 'welfare check' at midnight is a sketchy undertaking. People are on edge on both sides.

Unless there is a crime involved, DO NOT CALL POLICE. Period. Cant stress that enough.

Man, do I agree with that!! I'm tired of reports that the family called because Jimmy was ________ (fill in the blank), and Jimmy winds up dead when family was only asking for an intervention.

If they have to ask, the answer is no. If they don't have to ask, they are coming in anyway. Even if the police believe they are right and have good information the answer is no. See you tomorrow, maybe.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top