JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One time going to a Rose Garden event I was able to park close. I locked up my pistol and went up to the front door. I noticed they were only randomly wanding every tenth or so. I actually went back to my car and gunned up, crossing my fingers that they didn't choose me. I got through and felt great about being one of the only armed sheepdogs in the place.
A couple of months ago I was going to an event at the Veterans coliseum. I forgot about the wanding. I was already at the door so I figure that I could always go back to the car if needed. So I get up to the entrance and they wand me. They find my keys and cellphone, then they said put your arms out and started to wand with more purpose. So the wand gets to my hip where my 45 is and then nothing. Not so much as a squeak out of the thing. So in I went to my event.

Just a quick update (~ 2 years since the last update). :) I just went to my first Hops game this evening (we won 4-3 against Spokane and had some nice fireworks afterwards), and nothing changed since what was posted earlier: They searched bags, but no metal detectors or wands, so concealed was concealed. It's still okay to be prepared to defend yourselves at Hops games. :)

On another note, I found it interesting that around the 7th inning, a girl came out and sang God Bless America and there weren't any riots! Weird!!! LOL
Zip codes matter. I find that the further I stay from Portland itself, the less disgraceful anti-American shrieking and carrying on I see. Eugene too.

Last Edited:
On a [somewhat] similar note, be prepared to defend yourself and your loved ones if you're sitting low on the first base side too. I sat there a couple years ago and every 3rd or 4th pitch resulted in a screaming foul ball coming straight at me. Seriously, you gots to pay attention to the game in those seats!

On a [somewhat] similar note, be prepared to defend yourself and your loved ones if you're sitting low on the first base side too. I sat there a couple years ago and every 3rd or 4th pitch resulted in a screaming foul ball coming straight at me. Seriously, you gots to pay attention to the game in those seats!

They seem to have some new nets up that help with that. (According to my friend who's been before).

A couple of months ago I was going to an event at the Veterans coliseum. I forgot about the wanding. I was already at the door so I figure that I could always go back to the car if needed. So I get up to the entrance and they wand me. They find my keys and cellphone, then they said put your arms out and started to wand with more purpose. So the wand gets to my hip where my 45 is and then nothing. Not so much as a squeak out of the thing. So in I went to my event.
"These are not the droids you are looking for..."

The force is strong with you, @cigars!

I don't think they really care if you have a knife/chain/gun so long as you don't have your own good and beverages so they can charge you $9 for a hotdog and $6 for a small drink to wash it down. It's not about safety, it's about profit and detectors don't have a good ROI

Nope, no masks. There didn't seem to be any kind of restrictions.

Some social distancing mighta been cool though after sitting behind the loud know-it-all guy who played minor league ball 30+ years ago trying to impress his date. The risks abound.

Had season tickets since the first season, never been checked for CCW. No metal detectors or wands. As stated before, they do check for the dangerous food items (anything with taste - had a bag of peanuts thrown away a couple of years ago) and drinks. You can bring in a sealed bottles of water. You can also bring in your own drink holder filled with ice. it's a fun way to spend an evening.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top