Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ron Tonkin Field Hopps Baseball game CCW?

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by Dr.Z, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Dr.Z

Dr.Z Vancouver/Metro Member

Hello All,

Anyone have any experiences going to a Hillsboro Hops baseball game?
    Can you carry there or do they make you go though metal detectors or random wandings?

Any insight is appreciated.

2. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

no experience there but if its private property i would look for signs or anything posted saying you can/cant. otherwise concealed means concealed.

3. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

I went there the first year they were running the Hops games and it says no guns but at that time there was no metal detectors. That has been a couple of years now so I can not say what they have now.

4. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I seriously doubt they have metal detectors there but I could be wrong.

5. Dr.Z

Thanks for the heads-up, that is what I was wondering.
    I routinely walk past 'no gun' signs all the time (not on government property obviously) and have no issue with that at all, just was wondering if i was going to be hassled at a game is all.

6. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

If you are driving, you could always go back to your car and put it in your lockbox (you have one in your car, right?). But if you are going on MAX, you'd be SOL if you get there and find out they're wanding.

@Dr.Z: You may need to be the one who comes back after the game and let's us know the security situation there in Hillsboro. I'd love to hear about the game, too!

7. beavertonbuck

beavertonbuck Beaverton Active Member

The field is owned by the City of Hillsboro and leased by the Hops. Since it is city property I don't believe they can ban firearms. That being said I'll be there tonight and I will be carrying. I went to a few games last year and always carried. They don't have metal detectors. I'm sure they'll do a good job checking my wife's purse to make sure she isn't bring in outside food.

Sgt Nambu, nammac, Koda and 2 others like this.
  8. Dr.Z

Perfect!!!
    Thanks for all the info gentlemen!
    @CHLChris No max for me :) so the lock-box is always a good back-up option... just hate to do that unless absolutely necessary.

I'll definitely be exercising my r2kba

9. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

One time going to a Rose Garden event I was able to park close. I locked up my pistol and went up to the front door. I noticed they were only randomly wanding every tenth or so. I actually went back to my car and gunned up, crossing my fingers that they didn't choose me. I got through and felt great about being one of the only armed sheepdogs in the place.

v0lcom13sn0w and etrain16 like this.
  10. beavertonbuck

Just following up on the security at the game. They were checking in all of the bags but had no wands.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  11. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Nice, typical security... Check the bag, check the purse... And walk right by with it on yer hip.

The wife and I have mused at this behavior many, many times... Realizing of course that's no security at all...

etrain16 likes this.
  12. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

It just has to "feel safe", it doesn't have to ACTUALLY BE safe. :rolleyes:

pdempsey1097, Sgt Nambu and nammac like this.
  13. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How was the game, buck?:)

14. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

went there with my knife once lol. wasnt brave as you.

15. beavertonbuck

It was a good game. They aren't as good as years past but they won. It is always interesting to see the difference between the minor league and major league players. You see that mainly with pitching and their lack of relative control. There must have been 7-9 wild pitches between the teams. Also the arm strength and fielding transitions was obviously. What typically was an easy double play for the majors seems so slow.

16. Oregon Quartermaster

Oregon Quartermaster SE Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I just went to my PSU graduation there last month, and saw the metal detectors. Only had my old issued Benchmade AFO on me, but still felt iffy. I stabbed it into the dirt behind a bush, set off the metal detector anyway, and they just waved me through. My knife was waiting for me when I got out.

17. pdempsey1097

pdempsey1097 West of McMinnville Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

"Security Theater"