JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
no experience there but if its private property i would look for signs or anything posted saying you can/cant. otherwise concealed means concealed.

I went there the first year they were running the Hops games and it says no guns but at that time there was no metal detectors. That has been a couple of years now so I can not say what they have now.

Thanks for the heads-up, that is what I was wondering.
I routinely walk past 'no gun' signs all the time (not on government property obviously) and have no issue with that at all, just was wondering if i was going to be hassled at a game is all.

If you are driving, you could always go back to your car and put it in your lockbox (you have one in your car, right?). But if you are going on MAX, you'd be SOL if you get there and find out they're wanding.

@Dr.Z: You may need to be the one who comes back after the game and let's us know the security situation there in Hillsboro. I'd love to hear about the game, too!

The field is owned by the City of Hillsboro and leased by the Hops. Since it is city property I don't believe they can ban firearms. That being said I'll be there tonight and I will be carrying. I went to a few games last year and always carried. They don't have metal detectors. I'm sure they'll do a good job checking my wife's purse to make sure she isn't bring in outside food.

Perfect!!!
Thanks for all the info gentlemen!
@CHLChris No max for me :) so the lock-box is always a good back-up option... just hate to do that unless absolutely necessary.

I'll definitely be exercising my r2kba

One time going to a Rose Garden event I was able to park close. I locked up my pistol and went up to the front door. I noticed they were only randomly wanding every tenth or so. I actually went back to my car and gunned up, crossing my fingers that they didn't choose me. I got through and felt great about being one of the only armed sheepdogs in the place.

One time going to a Rose Garden event I was able to park close. I locked up my pistol and went up to the front door. I noticed they were only randomly wanding every tenth or so. I actually went back to my car and gunned up, crossing my fingers that they didn't choose me. I got through and felt great about being one of the only armed sheepdogs in the place.
went there with my knife once lol. wasnt brave as you.

How was the game, buck?:)

It was a good game. They aren't as good as years past but they won. It is always interesting to see the difference between the minor league and major league players. You see that mainly with pitching and their lack of relative control. There must have been 7-9 wild pitches between the teams. Also the arm strength and fielding transitions was obviously. What typically was an easy double play for the majors seems so slow.

went there with my knife once lol. wasnt brave as you.

I just went to my PSU graduation there last month, and saw the metal detectors. Only had my old issued Benchmade AFO on me, but still felt iffy. I stabbed it into the dirt behind a bush, set off the metal detector anyway, and they just waved me through. My knife was waiting for me when I got out.

Just a quick update (~ 2 years since the last update). :) I just went to my first Hops game this evening (we won 4-3 against Spokane and had some nice fireworks afterwards), and nothing changed since what was posted earlier: They searched bags, but no metal detectors or wands, so concealed was concealed. It's still okay to be prepared to defend yourselves at Hops games. :)

On another note, I found it interesting that around the 7th inning, a girl came out and sang God Bless America and there weren't any riots! Weird!!! LOL

Just a quick update (~ 2 years since the last update). :) I just went to my first Hops game this evening (we won 4-3 against Spokane and had some nice fireworks afterwards), and nothing changed since what was posted earlier: They searched bags, but no metal detectors or wands, so concealed was concealed. It's still okay to be prepared to defend yourselves at Hops games. :)

On another note, I found it interesting that around the 7th inning, a girl came out and sang God Bless America and there weren't any riots! Weird!!! LOL

Yeah? How many innings did you play for? :D

Just ribbin' ya for being vicarious.... ;)

Took the family on Friday and had the same experience—good to go.

And good guys took Spokane 5–1.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads