JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The ammo does not need to be transported in a separate container. It cannot be in the firearm. Loaded mags in the same container are fine. Handguns must be in a "secure" locked compartment. The glove box and utility box cannot serve as the locked container.

The prohibition against bringing ammunition into the state only applies to residents, but you cannot sell any ammo there without an "ammunition vendor" license.

Lever action rifles with tubular magazines can hold more than ten rounds. 22 rifles with tubular magazines can hold more than ten rounds. All else, 10 max, unless they are grandfathered magazines protected by the injunction.

Be careful, as there was a charge of possession of "large capacity magazine" last week despite the injunction. That was an add on charge in a drug case, but it shows that the injunction is not being respected in all situations.

Which change in the possession of "large capacity magazine" are you referring that occurred last week? Thanks.

I prefer mine without hair thank you.

Like this:

ABF32E3E-B913-418E-A28A-D7458B884041.jpeg

So, this evening we're planning the visit to our funky friend (Antoinette) in northern California. As it is just a weekend shot, I'm thinking just pack along the 29. Any reason why this would not be kosher?

Uno:
wheel1.jpg

Dos:
wheel2.jpg

Many thanks, my friends. :)

I think you are fine with a six shooter

That is what I plan on taking if I go to Calif.

I might also take a semi if it is on their approved 'list' with some ten round mags.

Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale

The model 29 and my 329 are on this "roster" as approved. There are also a couple of links to lists of 'recently approved" guns near the top.

As long as the gun is on the rosters and the mags are ten rounds or less, then they should be fine.

Last Edited:
Thanks guys. I was wondering if the soft case and lock would work or if I need a hard case. (I have one for air travel, but I don't believe it will fit a 29). :)

It is a .44 mag yes. I like carrying it. I dread shooting it, but if I have to, I can shoot it - it just leaves my hand numb and sometimes bloody.

I wish I could take my Shockwave thru Calif, but those are illegal there from what I have read. I suppose I could put a longer barrel on it.
What are you shooting in your SW 329PD that leaves your hand "numb and sometimes bloody"? Full .44 mag loads or .44 special? And what exactly?

What are you shooting in your SW 329PD that leaves your hand "numb and sometimes bloody"? Full .44 mag loads or .44 special? And what exactly?

Everything I have shot in it so far has left my hand stinging a lit bit to a lot. It ranges from 165 gr at 900 fps .44 special to 300 gr at 1300 fps 44 mag. That includes 200 gr .44 Special Win Silver tip and just the standard .44 Special and .44 mag 240 grain loads. Naturally the heavier and faster stings more - but you would think the 165 gr at 900 fps would be tame - they aren't in that revolver - they aren't bad, but they aren't fun either. No one who has shot the 300 grain loads wants to do it more than once.

The 275 and 300 grain bear loads are the ones that leave my hand numb - once I somehow had it take a bite out of my thumb at the thumbnail and cut it there.

I've shot 275 grain .460 magnum at 1800 fps in my 460V, that is tame by comparison to any load in my 329. But then it weighs twice as much and has a comp. You still know you've shot a magnum load, but it is no big deal - except it is loud and has flame.

Thanks Heretic. This is hugely helpful. I'm contemplating switching from a 686 snubby to a 629 Mountain Gun for my EDC. This would give me a fatter bullet and a 4-inch barrel for about the same weight as my 686 with its 2.5-inch barrel. And I would shoot nice subsonic .44 special in the Mt. gun, meaning much less danger of damaging my hearing if I ever have to fire it indoors or from in a car. In addition, the 686 snubby is my last remaining .357. So going to .44 for my EDC would allow me to consolidate completely to .44. Naturally I wondered about and was a bit tempted by the 329PD. But from your very helpfully detailed info, I can see that there is nothing I could shoot in the 329PD that I would actually enjoy shooting. And I have to enjoy shooting a gun in order to shoot it enough to be happy and confident carrying it as an EDC. So it's clear I can stop being tempted by the 329. Thanks!
Carol

I installed a gun vault specifically made for my 04' Suburban console, which required removing the factory plastic liner to provide more room, and ordered mine with the heavy duty locks that will defeat all but the most skilled thieves.
When travelling thru states where my CC is not effective (not just CA, WA does not recognize OR CC), I always bring a semi-auto, not a revolver for a simple reason.
If I need to arm up quickly while driving, very easy to unlock my console vault (drive with the key in it, which when out of the car is on a cord around my neck), pull my Glock 9 mm and stick a mag in it. Pull a revolver and load it while driving, not so much.
If we're taking my wife's car, it's a portable metal handgun transport case with key in it while driving, semi auto and two loaded mags at the ready.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top