JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, if anyone wants, here is an alternate contact.

Recall Center at xmprecall.remington.com. Or call Remington on its toll-free XMP-Recall Hotline at <broken link removed> (Prompt #3 then Prompt #1) Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT.

I submitted my information to Remington on April 12th and received am email stating that shipping labels and a box would be arriving soon.

I then ordered a new Timney on April 25th.

The new trigger arrived first and was installed in 15 minutes time. Still haven't seen the labels/box from Remington but the only thing that will be going in it and getting shipped back is the take-off XMP trigger.

E​

Made the claim when I first read about it here. Rem sent me an email on the 5th asking for my delivery address. Again.

Dont think I'm going to respond. No sense in sending just the trigger. The person I spoke with said they wont fix it if removed from the weapon.

Interesting, i've had no contact from them (i created this thread as soon as i'd submitted my request)

I'm only sending them the trigger. If they want to fix it, great. If not they can keep it for all I care.

I'm not inclined to send them a rifle that I have over $1k in custom work over a $20 trigger.

E

I received my shipping box from Remington last week. I was one of the early responders to their recall.
I'm not impressed with the return box. It is fragile with a thin styrofoam insert. I don't feel confident that it will arrive without being damaged.
I called Remington and asked if I could only send the trigger...NO! Could I only send the barreled action without the bolt...NO!
They said it had to be the entire rifle with a stock attached. It has to be test fired as a complete firearm before they will fix and return it.
So...I don't know what to do. The box is so flimsy.
It's a steel rod. The good thing is if it gets bent, you'll be able to see it (O the joy!) and if the crown gets ganked, you'll be able to see that too. good times

Remington finally buckled after all the years of bad press about their Model 700 trigger. Even the US Army refused to use their rifles, and made a video about it!

I recall all the venom and outrage vented by the fanboys when this story first hit the news, who insisted that it was the "librul media" that was responsible, despite seeing the Army Rangers video demonstration of how the rifle can discharge when the safety is switched off.

My problem is not with a defective trigger design or even the stonewalling by a large corporation intent on protecting its profits. It's the blind, stubborn mendacity of the Remington 700 cheerleaders who flatly refused to accept the evidence that was right in front of their stupid faces for all these years.

Remington finally buckled after all the years of bad press about their Model 700 trigger. Even the US Army refused to use their rifles, and made a video about it!

I recall all the venom and outrage vented by the fanboys when this story first hit the news, who insisted that it was the "librul media" that was responsible, despite seeing the Army Rangers video demonstration of how the rifle can discharge when the safety is switched off.

My problem is not with a defective trigger design or even the stonewalling by a large corporation intent on protecting its profits. It's the blind, stubborn mendacity of the Remington 700 cheerleaders who flatly refused to accept the evidence that was right in front of their stupid faces for all these years.
Yes that is a very nice story that has been debated many times and is irrelevant to the current recall.
The allegedly faulty trigger you are talking about is the Walker trigger, not the X Mark Pro trigger.

E

Actually pretty quickly. I went on the website and put in my info.
It said i would receive an email. Got the email about a week after, then got a return box in the mail about a week and a half later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top