JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just received an email from Remington with a shipping label. They indicated a box would be arriving within the next week.
The bad news, however, is I have two more rifles waiting...

**UPDATE**

Alright, went to go and submit this again, it looks like a couple of things have changed.

1st) There is now an option to take your gun to an auth'd repair center to have them replace the trigger FOC, there is one in Portland; Allision & Carey Gunworks Inc

2nd) When i submitted it again, i got the same email confirming my details, but i then got a second email confirming the ticket creation/number, that i did not receive the first time. Hopefully it was this part that was missing the first time.

Yeah, not sure myself, but hmm, really not sure, kinda want them to go over the rifle and clean it etc (not like i can't do it myself) there are a few things i'd like them to look at.

Be interesting to find out the time for them to replace the trigger in Portland.

You may be surprised at the turn-around time. I've been through two of the Howa 1500 bolt recall cycles, and both bolts were returned within 5 days of sending them off.

Your right, you probably WILL be surprised. I just read on another forum where there's about 2 million rifles affected by this recall. One guy posted they have already lost, misplaced or just plain don't know where his rifle is. I think your looking at several months without your rifle at least. I had already bought a Timmney trigger and couldn't be happier. Might want to consider that before you send your rifle away for , who knows how long. Just my thought on this.

With 2 million rifles being sent in, imagine how much "tender care" each rifle with be given.
I don't want it returned with dings and dents and then have to try to get that issue resolved.

Your right, you probably WILL be surprised. I just read on another forum where there's about 2 million rifles affected by this recall. One guy posted they have already lost, misplaced or just plain don't know where his rifle is. I think your looking at several months without your rifle at least. I had already bought a Timmney trigger and couldn't be happier. Might want to consider that before you send your rifle away for , who knows how long. Just my thought on this.

You may have a point, since it's Remington. I sent my Bushmaster to them for a barrel replacement and after 7 months of weekly phone calls to check on progress I finally told them to just send it back to me so I could replace the barrel myself. It was returned, no problem, but Remington's customer service is pretty slipshod.

You may have a point, since it's Remington. I sent my Bushmaster to them for a barrel replacement and after 7 months of weekly phone calls to check on progress I finally told them to just send it back to me so I could replace the barrel myself. It was returned, no problem, but Remington's customer service is pretty slipshod.

That , is honestly pretty pathetic ''service'':(

I seem to "recall" a few posts here and other sites claiming Remington was having this issue and many scoffed at the fact that a good old company such as them would be at fault? Hmm.
Just goes to show that the old adage, (the old grey mare ain't what she used to be) is alive and well and applies even to an American icon such as Remington. Sad that this went unheeded for so long.

I seem to "recall" a few posts here and other sites claiming Remington was having this issue and many scoffed at the fact that a good old company such as them would be at fault? Hmm.
Just goes to show that the old adage, (the old grey mare ain't what she used to be) is alive and well and applies even to an American icon such as Remington. Sad that this went unheeded for so long.

Wrong fault, read the recall.

Ordered my Timney yesterday. Should be here Friday. Looking forward to the upgrade. Probably will be the last Remington firearm I buy brand new. Only one I ever bought actually. Thought i couldn't go wrong buying a 700 last year. Don't quite regret buying it but not impressed with the recall or their fumbling the first few (like me) folks that filled out the online forms. Did it within days of the recall and have yet to see my shipping label or box. Read that filling it out again resolves this but they could of at least contacted me to let me know this you would think. Bought a new savage in 7mm-08 for my boy to hunt with today and honestly, seems to put my 700 to shame for fit and feel. Have to see how it shoots.

I've always felt they were a little over rated and much overpriced. The question that begs asking, have many other lower priced/entry level firearms companies really caught up with Remington in the accuracy, reliability and performance category, or is it that Remington has slipped in the quality dept such as fit and finish to become only a middle of the road firearm? And yes I've owned a few that were reliable rock solid units, but those I've handled recently sure seem to be sliding in the quality category.
This is just an observation and is purely my opinion, many will differ just as there are folks that would rather walk than drive anything but brand x vehicles.

Got my box from Remington yesterday. Flimsy, to say the least. The biggest issue I have, sadly, is there is no way I can fit my rifle in the box. I have a 300 winmag with the 26" barrel. They sent a box for one of their youth model 20" guns. Can't wait to see the box for my RUM with a muzzle break:s0117:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top