JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dam nit!? I just mounted the scope a couple days ago after having the rifle sitting here for 3 months.
Any chance just the POS trigger could be sent in? Guess I'll have to ask.

If it is going to take this long for them to ship me a box, I have a big concern about how long they will have my rifle.

I'm starting to think I won't be sending mine back. I have several thousand rounds down the barrel and not a single trigger malfunction. I've been wanting a Jewell trigger on it for a while now.

I'm starting to think I won't be sending mine back. I have several thousand rounds down the barrel and not a single trigger malfunction. I've been wanting a Jewell trigger on it for a while now.

Same here. This was just a good reason to finally go with the Jewell. Just ordered from here (he says he has more coming soon of the out-of-stock models):

<broken link removed>

I bought a spp a few years ago and the very first thing I did to it was remove the trigger and install a timney. I could not get the trigger to feel any good at all. I will check my serial number to see if my trigger falls under the recall notice.

Unfortunately Remington has known of this issue for many many years as far back as 2000, when a mother shot her son killing him on a family hunting outing. not saying awareness of direction of weapon and awareness of anyone in your area could not have been better. Fact is they chose to do nothing about the defects until several lawsuits were filed and they were forced by the courts to take care of the defects. I lost all respect for Remington over this.

Hmm, i sort of remember something being mentioned about this model rifle many years ago, but they couldn't find anything wrong or anything causing the claims, i even saw a news crew filming an attempt.

However, based upon Remington's given reason, the excess glue on some triggers, i can understand how they might not have found this for so long, i mean, a little extra glue on some triggers, but only ones with this trigger type....

What I don't understand is what the hell are they doing putting glue on/in a trigger anyway. Is the problem all the crap that put on the screws so you couldn't adjust the trigger yourself?

I bought a 700 police left hand LTR a few years ago and, at the time, Remington was putting some of the older trigger groups (which I think Remington started referring to as the 40X) in that particular model as well, in some rifles, the "new and improved" X Mark Pro. It was a crap shoot which trigger you would get when you ordered an LTR. Unfortunately, mine came with the X Mark Pro, which I found gritty, creepy and too high in weight. I couldn't get it adjusted so it was acceptable. Consequently, I removed the XMP and installed a timney, which is a very nice trigger in the 700. Thus, I don't need to worry about this recall and I haven't taken the time to dig through my boxes to see whether my trigger was subject to the recall.

Last Edited:
The 700 doesn't get used much, the previous trigger worked fine, to me, it's not worth putting a $130 trigger on a $400 gun.

And, still awaiting paperwork and boxes :(

Timney is in stock at - wait for it... www.timneytriggers.com. Tah Dah!
Bought and paid for. I'm sure it'll be here before Remington sends a box.

I've got no complaints about the the remington trigger, only disappointment is the heavy handed "bonding agent" applicator. Felt crisp to me. No grit whatsoever. Can't say I ever got to actually fire a round through it though.

Called Rem today and they said not to throw those old triggers away just yet. She said no promises, but there is a possibility that after we get through all the guns, we may do something for individual triggers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top