JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmm, mine arrived, part 'bent' in the middle, ironically where the sticker was attached, stating to handle with care as it's empty.

Not even tried for length, but i'm always on the list for a local dealer to replace the trigger.

Allison & Carey just got in some triggers from Remington.
They have my rifle now and said only a few days to finish.
They also said that the factory is taking 3 months if sent to them.

Done and Done!
Just got my 700 back from Allison & Carey in Portland.
Took 3 days and zero cost. Nice guys to do business with too.
No hassle with sending back to factory and waiting 3 months.

I really hope they call me soon then, would love to get it back in time for a trip at the end of the month.

Called, them, i'm about a page away... They sounded busy and didn't want to entertain my attempts at hoping it will get done by the end of the month, but did say hopefully and then the phone went dead.... :( Not sure if it died or they just got annoyed and hung up on me.

Not the most hopeful of phone calls :/

7/8/14
http://helenair.com/news/local/remi...cle_1a7c33ee-065b-11e4-8108-001a4bcf887a.html

"The Remington Arms Co. has reached a nationwide settlement of claims that most of its Model 700 bolt-action hunting rifles have a defective trigger mechanism — a settlement likely to include the recall of millions of the popular firearm."

"Last week's notice said a settlement agreement will be submitted to U.S. District Court in Missouri by Oct. 30, after which the court will decide whether to approve it.

The Pollard suit is one of at least three class-action suits filed in federal court against Remington involving the Model 700."

So....after getting the run-around from Remington and their last correspondence a few weeks ago indicating I wouldn't get my rifle back until 2015 I got a Timney off Amazon for $138 delivered. Installed it in about 2 minutes. Should've done this months ago, I reckon the hair I have left wouldn't be as gray.

Oops, sorry never updated this.
I got a call from the store on about the 10th of July, took it in Saturday and got a call Monday that it was ready, all done fine.

It's important for us all to go back now and look at the comment history here on this forum, because many people wrongfully accused the "liberal media" of unjustly tarring the tried-and-true Rem 700 platform because of their inherent anti-gun bias.

The truth was something different: the company had stonewalled all information about their defective mechanisms, even after the US Army Special Forces banned the rifle because of its unsafe design. It wasn't until it hit the airwaves in some TV show (20/20 or the like, don't recall) that the story finally moved forward.

I'm no defender of Corporate Media in this country, but neither am I so rigid that I reflexively deny anything that is reported by investigative journalists. When something pops up, it's up to us as individuals to search out the whole story.

The two things are unrelated, this recall is not related to that big media 'problem' they reported years ago.

Yes Sir Chemist, I took a few myself for this,,

"I seem to "recall" a few posts here and other sites claiming Remington was having this issue and many scoffed at the fact that a good old company such as them would be at fault? Hmm.
Just goes to show that the old adage, (the old grey mare ain't what she used to be) is alive and well and applies even to an American icon such as Remington. Sad that this went unheeded for so long."

And again it, it's a sad day indeed. Shame that a venerable firearms manufacturer of such fame and patronage can decieve a loyal following for so long

Unrelated! It's exactly what was reported!

The trigger that is currently under recall is the X-Mark Pro trigger. You are confusing it with the Walker trigger that was the subject of so much debate over the years.

It's like listening to a Chevy lover saying "See I told you the 7.3 engine was crap!" when Ford announces a recall for the 6.0 engine.

E

Last Edited:
Well to be honest, they replaced a bad unit with a bad design flaw. They also tried to hide the defects of the Walker Fire Control system for years, this is nothing new and we all should know it, it's corporate business policy these days. They will pay the price for the lost lawsuits and move on, hopefully with a better safer product. They got caught period.

This is a quote from the Pollard lawsuit, filed against Remington,

"The Defendants have known since 1979 that at least 1 percent of all Model 700 rifles at that time would 'trick,' allowing them to fire unexpectedly without a trigger pull," the suit said. "(Pollard) contends that this percentage is vastly understated and that all Model 700 rifles are subject to unexpected firing without a trigger pull."

Thats' one out of every hundred at a mininum for christ sake, not some small 1 in a 100.000 folks.
5 million sold since 1962 with the walker, XMP and the XMARK triggers @ potentially 1% or better failure rate leaves at least a whopping 10.000 firearms that would, could, did go BANG when it wasn't asked to.
I'm no Remington hater and own a few that I am very found of, but thats one heck of a potential.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads