JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

SR22® PISTOL PRODUCT SAFETY BULLETIN

March 2024 Update: Ruger has uncovered additional information and is expanding the range of potentially affected SR22 pistols. Please read this Safety Bulletin carefully to determine if your pistol may be impacted.​

Issue Overview

In rare instances, if the left and right frame inserts of Ruger SR22 pistols are not properly secured together, the firing pin blocker lifter and hammer block can move independently of each other, potentially rendering them ineffective. If this situation occurs, the pistol will intermittently exhibit a "slack" single-action trigger and has the potential to discharge if decocked over a live round. Go to the site for complete details.
1712687248440.png

Thanks. I just did the recall. I bought one years ago, and it did the slack trigger and discharge on me, and I just put it in the gun closet and never touched it again. I didn't know it was a manufacturing flaw, I just thought it was the stupid safety features of the pistol. I have an old Mark II that I like much better.

Thanks for sharing. I'm a bit surprised I didn't receive an email from Ruger, considering I registered my SR-22 online when I bought it last December. My serial number falls within the safety bulletin window, but after double-checking with some snap caps, I'm not experiencing the slack single-action trigger described in the bulletin. It's a tad annoying though, because it'll be in the back of my mind when I'm out plinking with it, just in case it happens in the future...

Thank you for posting the notice, mine is within the effected serial number range, does not exhibit the symptoms, many thousands of rounds through it so far.

Just got the prepaid label and printed it out. Going down to Fedex on Monday to mail it, and Ruger will mail it back to the same place I mailed it from. I have to declare it's a pistol to Fedex, so hopefully none of the Fedex employees steal it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top