JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a new Remington 700 this fall and sent in the rebate for $40. Before I sent in the rebate I emailed Remington to check to see if indeed the rifle qualified for the rebate and was assured that it did qualify. I got what I thought was my rebate yesterday but it was a rejection saying that I would not be receiving my rebate. I wonder why a big company like Remington feels it has to screw the buyer of their product for $40 promised when you bought their product. I called their resolution center and got a big run around from the guy I talked to. I will no longer be buying any new products from Remington. I will still buy used if I find what I want. I guess that is what happens when a formerly Great gun company gets bought up by a company like Cerberus Capital Management that seems to run everything it touches into the ground. To me the rebate offering was just a bait and switch type of deal except their was no switch, only the bait.

Aside from random complaints about irrelevant things like Cerberus...

How about you explain why you were denied? Did you forget something? Did they change the rebate? Did you retain said email and send it to their CS person? The CS person's run around, were they giving you run around, or just answers you didn't like?

I see a lot of non-specific complaints like this on a daily basis, and often it turns out the person making the complaint got all the answers that were available, but they just didn't like them.

This! Way too many details missing in the post, and most rebates are run through a third party.

Aside from random complaints about irrelevant things like Cerberus...

How about you explain why you were denied? Did you forget something? Did they change the rebate? Did you retain said email and send it to their CS person? The CS person's run around, were they giving you run around, or just answers you didn't like?

I see a lot of non-specific complaints like this on a daily basis, and often it turns out the person making the complaint got all the answers that were available, but they just didn't like them.

I sent everything that they required. Original receipt, UPC sticker, the works double checked twice. I even emailed Remington before I went to the trouble to make sure the rifle qualified. Would you like me to post a screen shot of their reply telling me it was a qualifying rifle? They sent me a denial of rebate saying that the UPC was incorrect. The fall rebate 2012 was for SPS model 700 rifles. I am so glad that you like Remington enough to stick up for them. I own a lot of Remington shotguns and rifles so if you think I am just a Remington basher it is just your opinion.

I bought a new SPS TAC in the fall. Was not aware of a rebate. Just looked on their site. Mines listed. All rebates must be postmarked by Jan 12th. I still have time to send one in. I'll let you know if I get mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would have bought the gun rebate or not. I just don't like the idea of an offer being reneged on. I spent my " rebate" on reloading components for the gun and now find that $ will not be replenished.

I have decided to stop buying anything offering a mail-in rebate. Period. I either get the rebate on the spot, or I won't buy. If I decide to buy it is because I am happy to pay the sticker price.

IMHO, mail-in rebates are yet another type of scam. Some people get them, some get declined at random for no good reason. In the end, the third party makes money, the mfg makes money, and the consumer gets screwed.

I sent everything that they required. Original receipt, UPC sticker, the works double checked twice. I even emailed Remington before I went to the trouble to make sure the rifle qualified. Would you like me to post a screen shot of their reply telling me it was a qualifying rifle? They sent me a denial of rebate saying that the UPC was incorrect. The fall rebate 2012 was for SPS model 700 rifles.
See up until here, things were fine.

I am so glad that you like Remington enough to stick up for them. I own a lot of Remington shotguns and rifles so if you think I am just a Remington basher it is just your opinion.
Then everything got dumb.

Did you give them the exact model number and UPC code for them to verify? If you did get the go ahead from them, then just give it to them and be done with it. IF they told you it's fine, then go back on that, then yeah that's a problem, call CS and get it handled.

There are a lot of missing details. At the end of the day though, you just learned a lesson I learned from Fry's. Don't expect a rebate, don't make a purchase decision based on a rebate, and just enjoy IF you get it. I've long since written off rebates as a predatory scam.

Bummer deal. Out of curiosity, why did you find it necessary to email Remington firearms before submitting the rebate? Rebates tend to be hyper specific in their requirements which are usually identified.

Scan the ORIGINAL rebate form, and your forms and upload them.
Rem also makes multiple other firearms and multiple different models of the 700- should they honor a rebate on all of them also that WASN'T SPECIFIED IN THE REBATE?? If you have a legit claim great, but it sure sounds like you didn't here off the info given.

I have decided to stop buying anything offering a mail-in rebate. Period. I either get the rebate on the spot, or I won't buy. If I decide to buy it is because I am happy to pay the sticker price.

IMHO, mail-in rebates are yet another type of scam. Some people get them, some get declined at random for no good reason. In the end, the third party makes money, the mfg makes money, and the consumer gets screwed.
Yep, pretty much my feelings too.

I bought a new SPS TAC in the fall. Was not aware of a rebate. Just looked on their site. Mines listed. All rebates must be postmarked by Jan 12th. I still have time to send one in. I'll let you know if I get mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was wrong... My UPC was not listed. My model was correct but not the box label.

Just got my Remington rebate in the mail today! $40 back on top of the rediculous sale price at Wholesale Sports! Net price on my stainless 700 SPS .243 was just under $400!

My guess is that you sent them the wrong UPC label, you have to send them the label off the back of the owners manual that says "proof of purchase" not the one off the side of the gun box.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews