JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

BCG Choices

• Lantac E-BCG

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Cryptic Coatings BCG

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Fail Zero BCG

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Sharp's Xtreme Performance BCG

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So curious, what did you get? Changed yer mind and looked at Colt/FN, Daniel Defense or Bravo Company BCG?

Daniel Defense $221 https://danieldefense.com/complete-bolt-carrier-group.html
Bravo Company $189 https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-bolt-carrier-group-mpi-auto/
Got Lantac E-BCG. Mmmm

20230323_151855.jpg 20230324_210925.jpg

Last Edited:
Obliged. Painted this rifle back in 2014. Naturally worn down from use instead of the fabricated worn look.
Nice. I love painting guns. Especially over cerakote. Glad you picked an option as far as your BCG choices are concerned.

That gold charging handle though; bling, bling.

What's with the takedown pins?
The charging handle is supposed to be "FDE" according to Strike Industries, but what're you gonna do hahaha

Take downs are YHM EZ pull pins. Had those on years before I had the law folder so I could break the rifle down easier for transport in my Milwaukee tool bag.

ha, I guess Im "tacticool" too, when I put together my AR I bought a burn bronze ambi charging handle just cause I liked the color contrast..

@DangerDog how often do you shoot your AR?

ha, I guess Im "tacticool" too, when I put together my AR I bought a burn bronze ambi charging handle just cause I liked the color contrast..

@DangerDog how often do you shoot your AR?
Burnt bronze is pretty slick though.

I dry fire and do manipulations more than I shoot. I'm more into conserving ammo now with the prices still. I really only shoot during holidays with friends or family, or when I'm testing out new things I put on to be sure they work and work for me.

Last Edited:
I dry fire and do manipulations more than I shoot. I'm more into conserving ammo now with the prices still. I really only shoot during holidays with friends or family, or when I'm testing out new things I put on to be sure they work and work for me.
As long as your having fun a learning your rifle enjoy. I dont know anything about Lantac BCGs but for the money hopefully it should be a solid upgrade. One thing I like about silver colored BCG is its a better visual indicator of slidelock, for what thats worth.
Your rifle looks more used than you claim to shoot. Get out there and practice with it even if by yourself enjoy the day.

As long as your having fun a learning your rifle enjoy. I dont know anything about Lantac BCGs but for the money hopefully it should be a solid upgrade. One thing I like about silver colored BCG is its a better visual indicator of slidelock, for what thats worth.
Your rifle looks more used than you claim to shoot. Get out there and practice with it even if by yourself enjoy the day.
Being a Marine I sure get intimate with my weapons. This was my first rifle I got as a civilian back in 2012, so I've had it a while. Did a lot of research and the Lantac was the best upgrade that wouldn't cost me a whole lot; plus the votes in the poll favored the Lantac over the others.

I got this BCG for $230 shipped from "MidwestOptics.net" / or goes by username "Bigd081285" over on Tacswap.

As long as your having fun a learning your rifle enjoy. I dont know anything about Lantac BCGs but for the money hopefully it should be a solid upgrade.
Have a Lantac for 3 or 4 years now.
Only about 1k rounds through it during the years, just shooting at the BLM, no competition or hard use,
But it's been 100%.
This was used with a 'from scratch' build, but while handling and shooting friends ARs, I'd swear that my Lantac is slicker when clambering a new magazine.

Have a Lantac for 3 or 4 years now.
Only about 1k rounds through it during the years, just shooting at the BLM, no competition or hard use,
But it's been 100%.
This was used with a 'from scratch' build, but while handling and shooting friends ARs, I'd swear that my Lantac is slicker when clambering a new magazine.
Thanks for the info. I've heard nothing but good things from this BCG, so I'm sure it'll work just fine for me.

My opinion is one you don't want, however I'm going to give it anyway. Fail zero BCGs have a tremendous amount of tolerance between their parts. Almost like a pre worn out unit. The fail a lot more often than zero.

Lantac ebcg differs in design from Mil spec which means it may or may not run the way you want it with other mil spec parts because now you have a wild child that just wants to be different. They look cool, though.

Cryptic coatings uses a gimmick if a shiny, low drag whoopty do surface finish. Does it work? Maybe. Maybe not.

My advice is to get a true mil spec BCG complete with a c158 bolt and chrome lined parts. They're inexpensive, bulletproof and functional.

That said, I imagine you want a "cool guy" part so I'd go with the lantac because it's visually most different.
This is what I was exactly thinking when I read this lol

Today I received a non-flashy, HP/MP C158 Colt bolt, with telltale white paint dot. No fancy coatings, just phosphate.

Kids these days just don't understand the value of the white dot.

IMG_0835 - Copy.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top