JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

BCG Choices

• Lantac E-BCG

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Cryptic Coatings BCG

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Fail Zero BCG

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Sharp's Xtreme Performance BCG

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well right but issues only happen in X per 1000 or so. I'd rather buy something having less chance of that happening. I guess my strategy has always been buy with the least chance of failure. Which means I have Colt or KAC carriers in most of builds, and Colt, DD, LMT, et cetera bolts.

Best of luck with your BCG.

Well right but issues only happen in X per 1000 or so. I'd rather buy something having less chance of that happening. I guess my strategy has always been buy with the least chance of failure. Which means I have Colt or KAC carriers in most of builds, and Colt, DD, LMT, et cetera bolts.

Best of luck with your BCG.
I'm definitely not spending nor can afford $500+ on a bcg. That's more than my rifle cost me.

I'm definitely not spending nor can afford $500+ on a bcg. That's more than my rifle cost me.
Then why are you looking at vanity BCGs?

Seriously, get a Colt/equivalent. If you are really uptight, get a Colt from 10-15 years ago, "when they were made better." I might even sell you one.

What's the point of having a super fancy BCG then? I guess I am just confused here…..

You could get a KAC, DD, Colt, Radian, BCM, SOGLW, etc.

BCGs that are worth the money and have been tested…

Just wanted something different than the boring looking standard carriers I've always dealt with in all my rifles.
If there's something you want for your rifle just get it.
Probably one of the least visible parts on an AR, maybe just buy one thats lighter/silver colored and call it good. Then you will have a spare BCG that will end up into another rifle down the road.

SRC was one of the first manufacturers to use S7 alloy steel for their bolts. Some others have started using S7 recently. S7 is around 50%-75% stronger than Carpenter158 or 9310, depending on which aspect of strength you're measuring, but is much more difficult to machine and heat treat. The main issues with the SRC bolts was some failures due to improper heat treating by a specialty subcontractor on a batch run of bolts, but that was almost a decade ago. Frankly, I was more concerned when they filed for bankruptcy around 4 years ago and how that would effect their lifetime warranty, but thankfully that has been resolved.

If there's something you want for your rifle just get it.
Probably one of the least visible parts on an AR, maybe just buy one thats lighter/silver colored and call it good. Then you will have a spare BCG that will end up into another rifle down the road.
One of the least visible but most important to the function of the rifle. Barrel, BCG and trigger. Everything else is cosmetic to a degree.

One of the least visible but most important to the function of the rifle. Barrel, BCG and trigger. Everything else is cosmetic to a degree.
I know. But he wanted something that looked nicer, if it breaks he can put his old one back in. If it doesnt break happy camper. Id like to think for the money his list runs they would last.

I know. But he wanted something that looked nicer, if it breaks he can put his old one back in. If it doesnt break happy camper. Id like to think for the money his list runs they would last.
Yea. I wouldn't spend that kind of money on something if there wasn't some kind of performance/reliability to be gained. But that's just me.

I used to be very much into the appearance or cosmetics. Not so much anymore. So I understand what he is trying to achieve.

Now that you have the BCG handled, you'll need to add one of these to match:

1678159007636.png

Can't leave that muzzle undecorated!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads