JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1. Clean it up nice
2. Watch your thumb
3. Keep er clean and rails slick.
115's are fine.. ZSR and Fiocchi are weaker loads though.
Ed Brown makes some reduced weight springs if you're shooting
lighter loads. Good for competition hand loads. Maybe get one of those for when
you practice, pop that in, then if you're carrying it, put the stock spring back in there..

Before crying foul with factory mags, swapping springs, making a warranty claim with the MFG... and providing you're not riding the slide lock... I would give it a couple hundred rounds "break in" time with 124g, +P, etc.

It's amazing how many "out of the box" issues can be resolved by just pushing a bit of smoke down the barrel and letting the internals "mate".

Ok I finally got out and shot m new M&P 2.0 optic ready 9mm over the weekend. As well as my original 2.0 9mm. As the title says the slide did not lock back on it twice. And on the other 2.0 I had one failure to feed. Any ideas what may have caused either of the issues on these two particular pistols. A FFL friend said it's known to happen on the M&P's as far as the failure to lock back. I believe he said the M&P's are weak in that area. So he oiled the slide where it makes contact with the rails. He said that should help. And all suggestions are greatly appreciated but I absolutely love the way that optic ready 2.0 shot very nice. Love the way the original 2.0 shot.

Why didn't you properly lube your gun before firing it?

If a new gun won't shoot without cleaning and lubing from the factory, she's no good.
I mean, depending on what it is a good cleaning/degrease is not out of order. I always pull out at least the main components for a quick inspection and to make sure that the factory lube is appropriate. If I think they have too much/little for my taste I will correct. I don't think I ever shoot something straight out of the box without at least a field strip first.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top