JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is anybody having this experience? I'm having feeding issues with some of the new Factory BX25 mags. For my 10/22 Takedown rifle, some mags will work great and some will not properly feed and feels like the bolt is rubbing on the mag.and does not close all the way.after ejecting spent round. My new 10/22 Charger pistol, and all the BX25 mags with the same problem and doesn't work. But when I use my older mags Butler Creek with plastic lips, they would work fine. Also the 10 and 15 rd factory mags works fine. Any insight to this issue?

Interesting. It's been ages since I sold all my 10/22s but the only thing that functioned reliably in them were the ruger 10 and 25 shot mags. The only exception was the teardrop type. But those were all old production ones.maybe they outsourced production to some other factory or something on the newer ones?

I took my 10/22 out of the stock to better show how well the mags lock in place. Note that there is a ton more slop in the 25 rounders.

How can a mag function well if it has so much room to play?

I'm sure there are many solutions, but some layers of duct tape helped mine out.

CF517C90-F2B7-4B85-99BE-E15A5CAF97C3.jpeg 2F07F9AF-5818-40D0-BB38-F969BF7918F8.jpeg 0F3E6BA7-464A-4A63-8B34-58B6453542EA.jpeg

At one time I had 15-20 of those BX25s. I'd mark the ones that didn't do so well and polish the fed lips. Keeping them clean is also crucial. They are made to be taken apart to be cleaned and lubricated.

I had that happen a while back. Being the gun was still under warranty, I sent it to Ruger, They said the receiver was out of spec and replaced it. No problem since. Great service from them.
That was pre-plandemic.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR